• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

The Mike Tyson hypocrisy is really something. He's a convicted rapist. They are cool with that though? I don't even see why he's there. He's 20 plus years past his prime and it honestly screams of a move tna would have done 10 years ago. Trying to redo something that wwe had successfully done years prior.
It's all about Ratings.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

This could be huge for Impact and a real blow to AEW. Eric Young, EC3, The good brothers, Spud, Mike and Maria Kanelis clips are all shown. Not to mention a Bulgarian flag (Russev)

Dthomp

This could be huge for Impact and a real blow to AEW. Eric Young, EC3, The good brothers, Spud, Mike and Maria Kanelis clips are all shown. Not to mention a Bulgarian flag (Russev)

If I had to guess, I'd guess that is more just to hype the crap out of their show and maybe a couple of returns. I could see EY for sure go back, probably Mike and Maria since they've got kids and I assume Impact is less traveling (normally) then AEW. EC3 and Spud should stick together, and I think they could make a bigger impact (pun intended) in AEW, but if they enjoyed their time in Impact I could see a return. Not sure why Good Bros wouldn't go to AEW unless they are just unwanted. Time with Kenny and the Bucks plus a show built so much around tag wrestling seems more a fit for them at their ages. Rusev is the wild card, dude can get over huge somewhere and AEW has more eyes on it then AEW, but they are kind of bulging at the seems with ex-WWE guys kind of in the Main event as is already so maybe a short run somewhere else to buildup some hype for himself?

DKehoe

Gold Member
The Mike Tyson hypocrisy is really something. He's a convicted rapist. They are cool with that though? I don't even see why he's there. He's 20 plus years past his prime and it honestly screams of a move tna would have done 10 years ago. Trying to redo something that wwe had successfully done years prior.

Tyson/Austin worked in the 90s because to a lot of the public Tyson was seen as the toughest man in the world at the time. So having him in there lent legitimacy to Austin's badass aura. But in 2020 no one thinks that about Tyson anymore. He's the guy that was in The Hangover and had a cartoon show. From what I've seen of him in AEW he wasn't even good at playing Mike Tyson. He didn't carry himself like he used to. He wasn't coming out with that "oh shit, he's gonna murder someone" stare. He was just playing pro wrestler, making faces, flexing and having fun with it. I guess it's better that it's Tyson rather than some actor or whatever but I just don't think that carries much interest for people anymore. Apparently it didn't even do that well in the ratings and Orange Cassidy's segment outdrew it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I have no problem with Tyson being there but what he did was way worse than any of the stupid shit Hogan and his ex have done. There was no reason for Khan to say anything about it.
Tony Khan is constantly trying to come off as "the cool boss" on Twitter. So much so that more often than not it comes off as extremely cringe as well as making him look like a complete tool.

Tony Khan is constantly trying to come off as "the cool boss" on Twitter. So much so that more often than not it comes off as extremely cringe as well as making him look like a complete tool.
Too bad the sheep wrestling media will standby Khan, as majority of them paint him the Anti-Vince for AEW

Just getting back to this.... It may seem poorly taste, but Don Jr. Took notice and liked it with a retweet

0PdUPij.jpg

DKehoe

Gold Member

I am curious to see how Ospreay's style changes now that he has bulked up so much more.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So how long before they have Spud piss himself on tv again? He begs to get his job back and for what? Did he think AEW wouldn't take him? Impact? ROH?

Dthomp

So how long before they have Spud piss himself on tv again? He begs to get his job back and for what? Did he think AEW wouldn't take him? Impact? ROH?

Yeah this was weird to me, he was never taken even a little seriously his entire run there, and honestly never will be. Maybe the pay is just that much better or he's one of those brainwashed "Gotta work for the WWE, cause they're the top dog" youngins. Hell, him and EC3 as a pair would likely be a big deal for Impact to bring back.

I have a bad feeling that Asuka will now be booked very poorly. She will be nothing more than a transitional champion to only drop the belt to Charlotte later. She will be the Hall of Famer that can't beat Charlotte

NickFire

I cancelled my network subscription last week or the one before and didn't even bother seeing if it was active this weekend. I really thought things were looking up before the virus thanks to McIntyre. In hindsight the movie matches at Wrestlemania destroyed any remaining interest in their product for me. I haven't spent more than 10-15 minutes watching a show since them. I've known it was scripted for 30 plus years, but making it so obvious just reminds me over and over that its just a soap opera that I really don't like and haven't liked very much since they went PG.

I'm watching more and more AEW. It feels a lot more organic / driven by the talent. But I'm not committed and don't think I ever will be. Not with the cost of their PPV's and owner saying stupid shit like Hogan is banned while Tyson is celebrated. Too much flatulence in the nice breeze.

Hinedorf

Banned
This Covid thing has really killed wrestling for me and then like other people said the whole movie-matches just didn't sit right.... I've changed my stance on that as I've really started enjoying the comedy work AEW is putting out from the silly cell phone calls to the most recent PPV in a stadium I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard while at the same time been that into what was going on.

That last AEW PPV was fantastic, they are truly bringing some amazing material for PPV's and I only wish more people were tuning in. Likewise I think Drew Mcintyre and Seth Rollins are literally sinking the WWE on a weekly basis. The only thing worthwhile in the WWE for me is the Vikings vs Street Profits which is just hilarity at it's best.

They can't give a live show so lets ham it the fuck up the best we can and at least make it light hearted and funny......oh wait........let's do a sobriety angle...WHAT THE FUCK WWE

DKehoe

Gold Member

Twitter thread about Cornette and his wife. Seems the rumours about him being a cuck have some weight to them.

brap

Banned

Twitter thread about Cornette and his wife. Seems the rumours about him being a cuck have some weight to them.

I bet you're loving this aren't you? I don't see why nobody mentioned this before though. All those people that hate cornetto and some random guy is just coming out in 2020?

DKehoe

Gold Member
David Starr has deleted his Twitter. Between the companies that had blackballed him and the ones that are now distancing themselves from them he looks to be done

I bet you're loving this aren't you? I don't see why nobody mentioned this before though. All those people that hate cornetto and some random guy is just coming out in 2020?

Not really. It’s a pretty horrible day with a bunch of people I really liked being shown up as shitty.

EDIT: Also, I’ve joked about on here about Cornette before. Like with the banana thing yesterday. But I don’t hold any hatred for him. I just get a bit tired of people treating his opinions like they’re gospel, much in the same way I feel about people treating Meltzer’s ratings like they are definitive.

I posted the Cornette one because I figured most people on here don’t care about the likes of El Ligero but know more about Cornette.

Last edited:
Top Bottom