• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
When Angle showed up I was amazed after the fact they thought it was a good idea to use Joe to get Angle over instead of vice-versa.
Joe definitely should have got that first victory for sure. That whole period was hype af though. TNA was firing on all cylinders. Again it's a shame they couldn't keep it up.

Bullet Club

Here's some shitty news:

Y3JaQ0R.png

Dthomp

Great debut, of course Cody will get some rub from him :rolleyes: and probably put himself over in the end anyways. Would have expected more then a 30 day no compete, but I don't keep up with contracts. Solid Dynamite, but they need to find somebody better for Andrade if he needs a manager, Vickie is go away heat and you don't want that associated with talent like him.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Great debut, of course Cody will get some rub from him :rolleyes: and probably put himself over in the end anyways. Would have expected more then a 30 day no compete, but I don't keep up with contracts. Solid Dynamite, but they need to find somebody better for Andrade if he needs a manager, Vickie is go away heat and you don't want that associated with talent like him.

I read about that WWE forgot to update his 30 days no compete to 90 days. :D

Soodanim

Gold Member
I can’t stand any of the product these days, the only enjoyment I get is AEW Botches although they’re harder to go back through on the rare occasions I go on Twitter. Is there an non-Twitter source for them? Regarding the edited clips claim, is that true?

What I actually came to say is that I just finished watching the Ric Flair documentary on Disney+. That was a great watch. I knew his son died, but I didn’t know any details. I’m glad it got to end on a high with Ashley/Charlotte’s career and how happy he is when he talks about her.

Soodanim

Gold Member
It’s dumb to blame that on Jim Cornette, seeing as he retweeted Jericho and told the dude what he thought of him. I’m sure he’s going to cut a promo on the next episode of his podcast.

Dude is a fool and thought it would gain him points, but he clearly missed the point. It had nothing to do with old school heat or disliking AEW. If I punched up a ResetERA member and asked for mods’ approval saying I did it for for the real gamers, it wouldn’t mean EviLore is to blame just because I asked him.

Pretending it’s anything else is jumping on a weak excuse to blame the wrong person.

dave_d

It’s dumb to blame that on Jim Cornette, seeing as he retweeted Jericho and told the dude what he thought of him. I’m sure he’s going to cut a promo on the next episode of his podcast.

Dude is a fool and thought it would gain him points, but he clearly missed the point. It had nothing to do with old school heat or disliking AEW. If I punched up a ResetERA member and asked for mods’ approval saying I did it for for the real gamers, it wouldn’t mean EviLore is to blame just because I asked him.

Pretending it’s anything else is jumping on a weak excuse to blame the wrong person.
Pretty much. Anybody that has listened to more than a few of Cornette's stuff knows he wants people to respect wrestling and have wrestlers and fans take it seriously. What that idiot did was shit all over it and Cornette hates that just as much if not more as any stupid garbage from wrestlers. He'll probably say they guy should have gotten hit more. Hell, he just mentioned on a recent podcast about Dory Funk Sr. beating the hell out of a guy for calling the business fake.

DKehoe

Pretty much. Anybody that has listened to more than a few of Cornette's stuff knows he wants people to respect wrestling and have wrestlers and fans take it seriously. What that idiot did was shit all over it and Cornette hates that just as much if not more as any stupid garbage from wrestlers. He'll probably say they guy should have gotten hit more. Hell, he just mentioned on a recent podcast about Dory Funk Sr. beating the hell out of a guy for calling the business fake.

I wonder if wrestlers being so sensitive about wrestling being called fake led to it being looked down on so much. The coverage it gets seems a lot more accepting now that they talk about it freely rather than thinking they are fooling anyone.

Bullet Club

Cornette isn't to blame for what this dickhead did, although it isn't surprising it happened because he does overdo the hatred of certain wrestlers and people with issues would see attacking them as "doing it for Jimmy". I'm surprised it took this long, really.

LWIvTqo.jpg

What an asshole.

Soodanim

Gold Member

It wasn't quite what I expected. The overall attitude towards it is what it was always going to be and they made it abundantly clear that it isn't the right thing to do, but he took more shots at AEW guys than I expected. Maybe I was hopeful there would be a "You know you've fucked up when Jericho and I agree" sort of comment. I guess it wasn't a big deal for him, like he said he has had his nose popped before, so he just carried on with his usual jokes.

Curious about next episode now that he's had the short exchange with Omega on Twitter.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It wasn't quite what I expected. The overall attitude towards it is what it was always going to be and they made it abundantly clear that it isn't the right thing to do, but he took more shots at AEW guys than I expected. Maybe I was hopeful there would be a "You know you've fucked up when Jericho and I agree" sort of comment. I guess it wasn't a big deal for him, like he said he has had his nose popped before, so he just carried on with his usual jokes.

Curious about next episode now that he's had the short exchange with Omega on Twitter.
I expect Corny to say it's not his responsibility what some idiot fan does. He'll blame the political alignment of the fan and move on.

Ludicrous Display

Neo Member
First time watching since WrestleMania, it started like a house on fire with Roman and Edge and then... it was just a regular episode of Smackdown. I get that there's a PPV on Sunday, but tickle our balls a bit more WWE, was expecting one or two extra surprises in front of the first live crowd.

ManaByte

Gold Member
First time watching since WrestleMania, it started like a house on fire with Roman and Edge and then... it was just a regular episode of Smackdown. I get that there's a PPV on Sunday, but tickle our balls a bit more WWE, was expecting one or two extra surprises in front of the first live crowd.
Fin?

Soodanim

Gold Member

That explains the first response by Jim and Brian - the Twitter stuff hadn’t happened yet at the time of recording. This was the sort of thing I expected. I didn’t know Matt Hardy and wife jumped in too, she’s always got something to say these days

Top Bottom