• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Bullet Club

7ftsyBR.jpg

NickFire

Vince and every writer (outside of HHH and Stephanie) need to retire. Its laughable how bad the product is.

AEW needs to avoid all washed up old wrestlers, and add a belt, or something, to give more stars something to fight over. And then go for the throat, head to head with WWE shows. Forget TNA cross-overs. Push WWE out of the way and take the gold.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Vince and every writer (outside of HHH and Stephanie) need to retire. Its laughable how bad the product is.

AEW needs to avoid all washed up old wrestlers, and add a belt, or something, to give more stars something to fight over. And then go for the throat, head to head with WWE shows. Forget TNA cross-overs. Push WWE out of the way and take the gold.
Tony Khan or his Dad should buy WWE

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I'm a sucker for a cruiserweight title or maybe something along the lines of x-division. The x-division especially when you had the likes of Joe, Styles, and Daniels competing for it was some of the best shit ever. So I say add something like that. Or just go ahead and buy out impact for the tape library and adopt the x division title lol.

Dthomp

Wow, just got online and saw these names. WTF? Didn't the WWE just work out a deal to bring Thea (Blacks wife) back? I'd hope they just let her out of it so that they can move on with their lives. Hope Tony has some more money to spend, cause if I miss out on Black, Vega, Ruby, and Murphy in AEW for Mark Henry/Christian I'm gonna be pissed.

I can deal without Ruby since she seems injury prone, but there is too much talent especially in Murphy not to snag him up instantly. I'm not sure what black did before he was AB, but I'm sure you can do something better then what Vince was doing with him.

Hope they don't bother with Braun, I'm not sure there is enough passion there or skillset to make him worth big money.

Bullet Club

How did aew do against smackdown last week?
SD 1.9m vs Dynamite 526k

Being on a different day, a later timeslot and being up against the NBA finals hurt Dynamite a lot.

The NBA finals would have hurt Raw as well but still, 1.4m is bad. Probably the lowest rating Raw ever.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I bet they hire some back because Vince will decide to do a story and has forgotten he canned them. Everyone is too scared of him and will just cater to his whims.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The following talents were cut today:

* Braun Strowman
* Aleister Black
* Lana
* Ruby Riott
* Buddy Murphy
* Santana Garrett

Strowman was WWE Champion last year. this is surprising because I think he is a real star.

On the other side I hope AEW stops picking up people the WWE releases. I would like to see Peyton Royce come on board and maybe Strowman, but that is about it. Right now there is a lot of the roster that is only ever seen on AEW Dark and adding more and more people makes it harder for the roster they do have to get on screen. Although I think there are some people AEW could stand to lose.

Dthomp

I for one would love to see wrestlers move away from the between the rope suicide dives. They are far too dangerous, and honestly, they rarely get a reaction anymore since it's so commonplace.

Excited for Andrade, less excited about the pairing with Vickie. Wish they'd have ponyed up for Thea/Zelina when she was available and they could continue their act that was actually good in WWE without the annoyance of Vickie having to screech excuse me to get a reaction from the crowd. AEW is far too packed currently with midtier to main event level heels that they've brought in that they need some changes cause otherwise the main event is gonna be super stale super fast.

Dthomp

In my dream fantasy booking, WWE sells to NBC. It continues to falter cause its NBC, HHH moves on, gets offered a job as 2nd in command of AEW, he works with the talent and runs it like NXT used to be, helping them improve even more, and jobs Cody to everybody til he runs away crying. A guy can dream :)

DKehoe

In my dream fantasy booking, WWE sells to NBC. It continues to falter cause its NBC, HHH moves on, gets offered a job as 2nd in command of AEW, he works with the talent and runs it like NXT used to be, helping them improve even more, and jobs Cody to everybody til he runs away crying. A guy can dream :)
Why would you want Triple H as second in command?

Dthomp

Just cause of Codys intense...jealousy? of HHH. He loved talking shit about him, only to become an even worse HHH then the man. Hell, I'd say Cody has passed HHH and is Jeff Jarrett levels of self push, except you know Jarrett could actually go in the ring. It would just be for funs :)

...However, I won't lie. HHH seems to have the next best program on TV outside of Tony doing alot of if not most of the heavy lifting in AEW. He could for surely be big help there, depends on what he wants to do after WWE sells. Not sure him or Steph stick around without Vince in charge.

Dthomp

I really hope she has her personal shit in order at this point. I like Kylie, but every promotion that takes a chance on her she seems to bail for mental health reasons almost immediately. Kind of hard to get invested in her until she proves she can handle even a little bit of pressure.

DKehoe

Just cause of Codys intense...jealousy? of HHH. He loved talking shit about him, only to become an even worse HHH then the man. Hell, I'd say Cody has passed HHH and is Jeff Jarrett levels of self push, except you know Jarrett could actually go in the ring. It would just be for funs :)

...However, I won't lie. HHH seems to have the next best program on TV outside of Tony doing alot of if not most of the heavy lifting in AEW. He could for surely be big help there, depends on what he wants to do after WWE sells. Not sure him or Steph stick around without Vince in charge.
Seemed like WWE were grooming HHH to take over and using him running NXT to give him a track record so Wall Street could comfortable with the idea of him in charge. But with him failing at his first challenge has set that back. Now it looks like Nick Khan is being positioned as the safe pair of hands to take over.

Bullet Club

I really hope she has her personal shit in order at this point. I like Kylie, but every promotion that takes a chance on her she seems to bail for mental health reasons almost immediately. Kind of hard to get invested in her until she proves she can handle even a little bit of pressure.
Yep, the likelihood of her sticking around for a long run isn't high. NWA is fairly low profile though and they don't do tapings that often, so it might be at the right pace for her.

NickFire

My assumption is HHH knows the business, including how to make fans happy / keep them engaged by not making them happy too often. My second assumption is he goes with Vince's flow because its easy money / keeps him near the top of the ladder. Those assumptions make me assume he would be able to right the ship, so to speak, if actually put in charge. But yeah, my entire belief is speculation upon speculation. That said, what other hope do long time WWF / WWE fans we possibly have if we want our late 90's / early 2000's fun back?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Does the WWE secretly hate Alexa Bliss? Having her do this stupid doll shit? Shayna is old and ugly so it's hard to imagine her being the female face of the company but Alexa? This is what you have for her?

RaptorGTA

Does the WWE secretly hate Alexa Bliss? Having her do this stupid doll shit? Shayna is old and ugly so it's hard to imagine her being the female face of the company but Alexa? This is what you have for her?

I thought this RAW was one of the better ones they had...till they closed the show with that stupid doll. I always liked the idea of a supernatural element in wrestling, which is why I liked the Fiend. But this whole angle comes out of nowhere. "Lilly was always there" with terrible photoshops was just lame. Felt like they were just writing out the Fiend and how he created her angle.

The fans know this which is why it's being rejected. I like Alexa's acting but the writing and how this is being pushed is just stupid and needs to be dropped faster than Aleister black and his dark father character.

my problem with the end of RAW was the direction. It dragged on. There was a better way to shoot that, for sure. But they always have to overdue everything and WWE-ifye it. i'll just blindly blame Kevin dunn

DKehoe

Anyone else here seen Shingo vs Okada? Fucking great.

Glad Shingo won. He's been incredible for so long and it's good to see him finally get that big spotlight moment. He's been on a hell of a run this year too. If you look at the cagematch user ratings for matches for this year he's been in all of the top 3 and 5 of the top 10.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Can /WSB maybe just once pump up a stock from a company that isn't as awful as GS or WWE? What's with these fools? Drive up stock like this so Vince and Co. can sell out at highs they never thought imaginable?

Good for Mickie, hope it does well. Although outside of the Kylie signing, I couldn't name another female on the NWA roster. Maybe AEW helps them out with a little name power.

Bullet Club

Can /WSB maybe just once pump up a stock from a company that isn't as awful as GS or WWE? What's with these fools? Drive up stock like this so Vince and Co. can sell out at highs they never thought imaginable?
WSB are going after the hedge funds that are shorting those stocks, it's nothing really to do with GameStop, AMC or WWE. Most people pumping up those stocks wouldn't care about the companies they are investing in.

Vince is worth $300+m more today than he was yesterday.

Good for Mickie, hope it does well. Although outside of the Kylie signing, I couldn't name another female on the NWA roster. Maybe AEW helps them out with a little name power.
Thunder Rosa is signed to NWA, along with Melina, Taryn Terrell & Kamile. Velvet Sky does commentary.

Dthomp

WSB are going after the hedge funds that are shorting those stocks, it's nothing really to do with GameStop, AMC or WWE. Most people pumping up those stocks wouldn't care about the companies they are investing in.

Vince is worth $300+m more today than he was yesterday.

Thunder Rosa is signed to NWA, along with Melina, Taryn Terrell & Kamile. Velvet Sky does commentary.

I knew about Rosa, can Melina or Taryn still go?

On one hand, I'd like to applaud Mickie for trying to help do something for the women, but she really comes off just kind of desperate to stay relevant in a sport that just really doesn't have room for older women who can't really bring it like she used to. She was one of my faves when she broke into the E' but she seemed like she'd aged 20 years in the ring in most matches from the past couple of years, and the years haven't been the best to her. I didn't follow her in TNA cause..well...TNA, but her WWE career really seemed to come out of nowhere and peak all within that first year and didn't go anywhere after that.

Can Velvet still go? Or at least do a sexy entrance like the old days :) I'm sure Serena will be there to maybe drop the NWA belt to a performer from there, maybe one of the many ladies in AEW who aren't in the main event picture can help out along with more old legends.

I'm torn on the thoughts of an all women PPV with Mickie saying they deserve the spotlight next to the men, and when you have somebody on fire the way Becky was with the performers they had at the time I'd agree, but man MOST of the womens matches across all brands isn't good enough to be on weekly TV, let alone charge a PPV price for.

Bullet Club

Melina & Taryn are pretty average now.

I'm sure some AEW and maybe some Impact women will work the show.

Velvet retired from wrestling about 3 or 4 years ago. She still looks good.

Top Bottom