• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Vince is still working on creative though.
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Fox Mulder

This totally felt like the final thing that would bring Vince down. He’s old as fuck and the company makes more money than ever primed to be sold for billions.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’m now thinking the MJF thing is a work. Jeff Hardy gets a Tony Khan status update. MJF nothing just “removed” from AEW site.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lol the reaction to Vince was mixed. They muted the boos fast.

They’re piping in cheers lol.

lol it was just “Welcome to Smackdown”

Last edited:
I’m just super comfortable every day now knowing that if I need a cool $3 million, I know exactly where to go. I’ll feel sick and dirty after, but, I’ll just look at my check and be instantly cleansed.

Bullet Club

I haven't watched it yet but it sounds like it was a good show. Impact has been quietly doing good shit for a long time now. Here's hoping they can find some real growth again.
I only watched the tweets but it looked good from those and people that saw the whole thing seemed to enjoy it.

RavageX

Booker T is an idiot!

He isn't wrong. A wrestler should look like they can do something physical.

Wrestlers in the old days usually weren't "cut" or extremely toned but they looked like they could beat someone up.

A lot of wrestlers these days look like their tights barely fit. Not that anyone takes it seriously anymore, but at least try to look the part.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
He isn't wrong. A wrestler should look like they can do something physical.

Wrestlers in the old days usually weren't "cut" or extremely toned but they looked like they could beat someone up.

A lot of wrestlers these days look like their tights barely fit. Not that anyone takes it seriously anymore, but at least try to look the part.
I agree. At least try and look like a tough guy or athlete. I'm pretty sure Jordan Grace could out bench Cole at this point.

Fox Mulder

Wow, that sounds like Jim Cornette.

Cornette liked Cole in nxt until he went to AEW and was losing to Orange Cassidy.

It does seem like Cole lost some size in AEW. He’s got more time to spend streaming games or whatever. The AEW roster is smaller anyways so it’s not that much of an issue when their top guys are like hangman or cm punk.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am looking forward to Forbidden Door, but I have never seen so many people injured in such a short time. I wonder if the Danielson injury is do to getting his leg trapped.

Naked Lunch

Shame about all the injuries leading into Forbidden Door. The wrestling should still be top notch though and hopefully there will be some nice surprises. Maybe a Kenny return and im calling Cesaro as the mystery replacement - but the blacked out image looks like the guy has hair so maybe it is Johnny Wrestling.

Christian had a pretty good segment - I guess to fill the MJF void. Ragging on the crowd, bringing up Marco Stunt. He aint no where close to MJFs level though.

Im kinda new to NJPW and this Will Osprey dude is no joke. Hes the closest to Kenny Omega Ive seen. Does so many moves and reversals ive never seen before. He seems to really focus on selling - really goes out of his way to make his opponent look good. Gotta respect that. A quick online search and I see hes got major beef with Omega but it seems he owes hes whole style to Kenny.

DKehoe

Shame about all the injuries leading into Forbidden Door. The wrestling should still be top notch though and hopefully there will be some nice surprises. Maybe a Kenny return and im calling Cesaro as the mystery replacement - but the blacked out image looks like the guy has hair so maybe it is Johnny Wrestling.

Christian had a pretty good segment - I guess to fill the MJF void. Ragging on the crowd, bringing up Marco Stunt. He aint no where close to MJFs level though.

Im kinda new to NJPW and this Will Osprey dude is no joke. Hes the closest to Kenny Omega Ive seen. Does so many moves and reversals ive never seen before. He seems to really focus on selling - really goes out of his way to make his opponent look good. Gotta respect that. A quick online search and I see hes got major beef with Omega but it seems he owes hes whole style to Kenny.
A few years back Ospreay was known for being a flippy guy. His match with Ricochet was an example of two high flyers going all out to do everything they could

giphy.0.gif

But in recent years he's gotten bigger so that he's now got more of a heavyweight build. He's also evolved his style to not rely so much on the high flying elements.

In regards to the beef with Omega. I'm pretty sure that's just worked. I think it's the two of them knowing there's a lot of potential in them facing off with each other and so they're laying the groundwork for that.

If you're looking for more of his stuff then I'd recommend his match with Shingo Takagi from a few years back. It won a lot of people's match of the year for that year. I know the video length is quite long but it doesn't go for all of that.

Talonz

I'm not gonna lie. I marked like a little kid when Okada came out. You don't many of those truly surprising moments like that anymore.

Naked Lunch

A few years back Ospreay was known for being a flippy guy. His match with Ricochet was an example of two high flyers going all out to do everything they could

giphy.0.gif

But in recent years he's gotten bigger so that he's now got more of a heavyweight build. He's also evolved his style to not rely so much on the high flying elements.

In regards to the beef with Omega. I'm pretty sure that's just worked. I think it's the two of them knowing there's a lot of potential in them facing off with each other and so they're laying the groundwork for that.

If you're looking for more of his stuff then I'd recommend his match with Shingo Takagi from a few years back. It won a lot of people's match of the year for that year. I know the video length is quite long but it doesn't go for all of that.

Thanks man - really awesome post.
I feel like ive missed out on so much quality wrestling not having easy access or just flat out not knowing about NJPW thru the years.
I also kinda had a feeling the Omega beef wasnt genuine.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Thanks man - really awesome post.
I feel like ive missed out on so much quality wrestling not having easy access or just flat out not knowing about NJPW thru the years.
I also kinda had a feeling the Omega beef wasnt genuine.
You're welcome. No reason to feel bad about missing out on stuff. Just means you have a lot of great stuff to watch, it's a great position to be in. If you're ever looking for more recommendations for anyone just ask in this thread

This isn't a New Japan one but since I just remembered it's also available for free, his match with Walter is worth checking out too

Kagey K

Banned
The locker room bicycle Paige started a thing with Kane. Now she’s going after his fans on Twitter.
That's a tough sell, she's going to need some outside interference and a paid ref, to overcome those odds.

Maybe Lil Naitch is available.

Joking aside she was gifted everting she could be to make her a name as soon as she hit the main roster. (Won the title on her debut)

The poor decisions she made after that greatly affected her career, and WWE still threw money at her even after she was done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom