• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jeasus Christ if that's a real muscle tear, how the fuck is Cody doing anything physical with his right arm ..

Well, Rafa Nadal just won Roland Garros having played the whole tournament with basically a broken foot... Putting in 20 minutes of effort, with the right injections, should not be impossible for a wrestler.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
No, because you're a weebo piece of shit and no one likes you, new japan sucks, also fuck you and tony khan, fuckn marks
you know you talk about your Burberry scarf. But I don’t think you know what it means

YyL3KZp.jpg

hk8Cxfz.png

Last edited:

NickFire

CM Punk's injury is too convenient for me to believe its not part of the MJF storyline. My guess is MJF wins the battle royale, and we a reverse NWO type of situation. This time the "bad guys" are the originals instead of the invaders.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
you know you talk about your Burberry scarf. But I don’t think you know what it means

YyL3KZp.jpg

hk8Cxfz.png
Burberry is a brand of excellence much like my mic skills as well as my skills in the ring. I am the fastest rising professional wrestler in the world and not only demand greatness from myself but also my performance. You see people expect you to not deliver, all they want from you is ground role doubles, I am EXPECTED, to hit grand slams, because I know I can. Also I hope that avatar isnt you, it could very well explain why a woman has never sat on your face and overall has never come near you.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

CM Punk's injury is too convenient for me to believe its not part of the MJF storyline. My guess is MJF wins the battle royale, and we a reverse NWO type of situation. This time the "bad guys" are the originals instead of the invaders.
New Blood vs Millionaire's Club.

I know someone that might know what's going to happen.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman Maxwell Jacob Friedman will you win the battle royale on Dynamite?

It’s funny every wwe fan thought bray wyatt was going to return at hell in a cell and he didn’t,I don’t think he will ever go back since vince and khan treated him really bad.

dave_d

Jeasus Christ if that's a real muscle tear, how the fuck is Cody doing anything physical with his right arm ..
Damn. Seriously, I once got a huge bruise like that in gym class.(We were doing the rope swing, instead of landing on my feet I landed hard on my thigh) I remember not being able to run until the next week.(And his injury is worse than mine.)

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
New Blood vs Millionaire's Club.

I know someone that might know what's going to happen.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman Maxwell Jacob Friedman will you win the battle royale on Dynamite?
Until Tony reaches into his pocket and pays the man who has been putting this company on his back for the past 2 years instead of tugging his 2 inch penis I am not stepping in the ring. I am minute by minute the number 2 draw star in the company, I should start being paid like one. I wonder how much WWE pays their second highest minute by minute star?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Burberry is a brand of excellence much like my mic skills as well as my skills in the ring. I am the fastest rising professional wrestler in the world and not only demand greatness from myself but also my performance. You see people expect you to not deliver, all they want from you is ground role doubles, I am EXPECTED, to hit grand slams, because I know I can. Also I hope that avatar isnt you, it could very well explain why a woman has never sat on your face and overall has never come near you.
MJF in my avatar is the greatest wrestler of all Time Zangief. As imagined by an AI.

But yeah keep up the excellent work fake MJF

Last edited:

Dthomp

I think Cody continuously beating Seth is the biggest surprise WWE has given us in years. Never thought Vince would allow that.

Craziest thing is...this would have been the time for Seth to win and write Cody off. Cody is grasping at that my time in the limelight window you get in WWE so hard he ruptured his chest in doing so. He knows once Vince forgets about ya its right back to the lower midcard champ.

Dthomp

These are the things you need to think about before letting your talent run you and your company down weeks after a major merger where YOU ARE THE ONES BEING ABSORBED! I get you wanted a "Hot" promo from the guy, but wrestling does not have that kind of reach anymore, it barely had a reach when CM Punk dropped the pipebomb, but even that wasn't as tryhardy as the MJF one.

NickFire

These are the things you need to think about before letting your talent run you and your company down weeks after a major merger where YOU ARE THE ONES BEING ABSORBED! I get you wanted a "Hot" promo from the guy, but wrestling does not have that kind of reach anymore, it barely had a reach when CM Punk dropped the pipebomb, but even that wasn't as tryhardy as the MJF one.
So you’re buying into this report?

Interesting. No matter how this turns out, at least 1/2 the audience will be surprised give or take. And people will have been chatting it up. This is a captivating situation if you ask me.

Labolas

Yeah, that pec tear looks nasty as sin. Hopefully Cody will heal up soon.

Rhea looked good in shorts. I always found her more attractive than Ruby Soho/Riot.

Dthomp

So you’re buying into this report?

Interesting. No matter how this turns out, at least 1/2 the audience will be surprised give or take. And people will have been chatting it up. This is a captivating situation if you ask me.

I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing to be honest, I can see them not being happy though. Everything I read says the new CEO from Discovery is straight up about cost cutting and profit, can't see them seeing this as a good thing, even if it dos get ratings. I just want a good wrestling show like the first two years, I don't watch AEW for WWE style storylines.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Hard to believe people actually think the MJF stuff isnt part of the show. I mean really?

After all the supposed drama at Double or Nothing - they just do a full on MJF segment complete with the high budget computer screen MJF scarf walkway - let him tell a 10 minute promo then just suddenly cut off his mic conveniently right before commercial break. Cutting off the mic and bleeping the ending was so forced and fake - that was the only bad part. If any of this was real he would never have been on the last Dynamite.

Last edited:

NickFire

I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing to be honest, I can see them not being happy though. Everything I read says the new CEO from Discovery is straight up about cost cutting and profit, can't see them seeing this as a good thing, even if it dos get ratings. I just want a good wrestling show like the first two years, I don't watch AEW for WWE style storylines.
Well, it's Wednesday. I admit there is a tiny sliver of uncertainty about my belief this is all a work. Still 95% leaning towards a work though.

I've not gotten to this MJF thing yet so I'll just throw this classic back out there:

I think at this point I just want to catch up to modern AEW from the last PPV... which is where I started. And I put on old WCW Nitro when I'm working in the kitchen. My God Eric Bischoff was insufferable before his nWo turn, where I suppose his insufferability was part of the charm.

I also started back from the beginning of AEW which has been pretty good, just got through the first 2 episodes of Dynamite (and the preceding PPVs). My impression is that all these AEW founder types, Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Cody (w/ Brandy Rhodes but not Cody Rhodes because... Vince McMahon I guess? :messenger_tears_of_joy:) aside from Chris Jericho are putting lots of effort into putting guys over, rather than just instantly grabbing the glory. I'm starting to think that he actually is a Hulkster type egomaniac. I still haven't experienced much Jericho past his lame "Lionheart" gimmick back in the day.

Oh, and I don't know why, but I find this Kevin Owens vs Ezekial thing absolutely hilarious. Probably because I have no idea who Elias is. I assume KO is telling the truth here but I don't actually know, which makes the whole bit that much funnier.

Dthomp

So you book Kyle O'Reilly super strong, and in the babyface role here tonight winning the battle royal and being beat down against a fresh Moxley just to have him lose in the end. KoR is that level of dude that an interim reign would do a wonder for in regards to viewers getting to see him wrestle and further the Elite stuff that will eventually blow up. I guess we get a boring Moxley reign again, as if months of Page wasn't enough trash, here we go again.

I'm ok with another mens belt, felt the trios belts would have been a better option, so is the new belt only able to be wrestled for by foreign to the United States wrestlers? Or is it just the gimmick for the tourney?

When the women can improve enough to give us even a 3 star match, I'll start to think they deserve more TV time, but outside of Deeb there isn't a single lady I want to see on TV there on a weekly basis unless Toni Storm learned how to promo in her layoff.

I like Rosa the person, Rosa the wrestler...she's Hangman levels of boring as a champion. Not sure if that's all on her, or just that she really isn't much of a character. Should have shot it to Deeb until they turn Jade, or build up a Toni Storm.

NickFire

AEW booking is killing my interest in AEW. They were on fire fall of 2021. It just keeps getting worse since IMO. Page was boring. Adam Cole was on fire, so of course have him keep losing to Page so CM Punk can be champ for reasons. CM Punk put MJF over, followed promptly by MJF returning the favor and then getting squashed by Wardlow. MJF has all the buzz, so sure let's have interim championship become either Mox or a New Japan guy who 10% of the audience will have heard about. And sorry not sorry fellas, but DMD should still be champ. She's the only one who can wrestle and talk. Let her reign for a couple years if that's what it takes for a real star to emerge organically. Payoff would be worth it in the end. At a minimum there'd be at least one female promo each week worth listening too.

Complete and utter failure not having MJF show up last night and lined up for interim belt. Slow burns work well at times. But only if there's a reason for everyone to be watching when the unexpected payoff comes through. Without MJF, what exactly is exciting about current storylines if you don't watch New Japan?

Dthomp

i still and always will prefer pre-emo Rhea. She was smoking and had those girl next door vibes. Her whole presentation just keeps getting more and more try hardy for my taste. The awful black hair job was teh final nail for me. I wonder where TJD go from here, since you know Edge was the promo of the group, and Finn...well Finn knows some words, but has never been a promo that has ever made me care about whatever midcard program he was in.

Top Bottom