• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

NickFire

Move Biance to Raw in the draft, turn her heel. Have a baby-face Rhea return and have a feud with heel champion Bianca.

That'll be a fantastic program
That joint WM entrance for Bianca, Jade and Naomi was fire. They could make a dominant heel stable with Bianca at the top of it.

What would you peeps think if Swerve doesn’t win the title at Dynasty?

I'd think I was very happy that I didn't pay to watch him lose.

dave_d

That joint WM entrance for Bianca, Jade and Naomi was fire. They could make a dominant heel stable with Bianca at the top of it.
Hell, they could have team up with Montez to create a heel power couple to take both titles from the Judgement day. (Admittedly that's assuming either one of them could be effective heels. Montez seriously needs to get away from Lashley, he gains nothing from being in that group.)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jinder Mahal, Veer, Xia Quinn got let go from WWE yesterday.

They were literally gone for months so no real effect on anything but still, sucks.

dave_d

Jinder Mahal, Veer, Xia Quinn got let go from WWE yesterday.

They were literally gone for months so no real effect on anything but still, sucks.
And now Sanga as well. The most obvious move for Veer is to go to AEW to team up with Swerve. (Yeah I know terrible joke.) BTW this makes me wonder which is the better way to get released, the AEW way or the WWE way. As far as I know with the WWE you get put under a 90 day no compete clause where you can't work anywhere else but you do get your base salary. (Plus any merch but these folks probably made nothing there.) Under AEW you can go work immediately but I'm guessing you don't get your base salary for any length of time. (Which I'd also guess would be better than the base in WWE.)

dave_d

Looks like Von Wagner got released. Wonder if there are more to come this week. (The WWE used to do the post Wrestlemania releases but was wondering if they'd still do it with Vince gone.)

BlazinAm

They can still salvage the story of Morgan vs Rhea which is a their long term women's program. Becky wins and then Morgan beats her on a big stage and hold the title for a bit leading to Rhea coming back as the hot contender; maybe even as a babyface.

NickFire

Was zzzzz worthy.
I'm think they had to scramble and make her a transitional champion and she won't keep it long.
I think they were scrambling too. But they should have come up with something better than a battle royal. Battle royal matches mean so little that the big one takes place on Smackdown before WrestleMania now. Rare miss for HHH.

Dthomp

Dumb idea not to capitalize and give it to Liv. Give her the nuclear heat.

Like they said above, I think this is setting up for Liv to maybe win in France at Backlash. Liv winning a battle royal doesn't really do much for her, it gives Becky another title reign and likely a thanks for her work over the last year helping down in NXT and generally putting people over. I'd assume she was set for time off with Seth having surgery so this will be short and she will put over Liv in a singles match to help to elevate Liv. Liv isn't really championship material at this point and maybe they think Becky can elevate that status (It won't, Liv is awful) but their options were already kind of limited with current roster setup before the draft.

NickFire

Like they said above, I think this is setting up for Liv to maybe win in France at Backlash. Liv winning a battle royal doesn't really do much for her, it gives Becky another title reign and likely a thanks for her work over the last year helping down in NXT and generally putting people over. I'd assume she was set for time off with Seth having surgery so this will be short and she will put over Liv in a singles match to help to elevate Liv. Liv isn't really championship material at this point and maybe they think Becky can elevate that status (It won't, Liv is awful) but their options were already kind of limited with current roster setup before the draft.
I get what you’re saying but his idea makes sense to me too. If Liv, after hurting Rhea backstage, won the belt in the most pathetic way possible (the BR they just had) it would set her up to be a cocky heel that everyone can’t wait to see lose. At least there’d be something to her character at that point.

S0ULZB0URNE

Jhihqtx.jpeg

Top Bottom