• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOW OMG: Steam is refunding No Man's Sky even if you played more then 2 hours

Lagamorph

Started getting this ad on Gaf now,

YkWgjAU.jpg

Shang

Just tried to get one with Playstation support to no avail. I didn't really explain why, and that was probably the issue.

KaoteK

Just tried to get one with Playstation support to no avail. I didn't really explain why, and that was probably the issue.

When I got my refund from them, I told them about how many times the game crashed and losing six hours of progress because the game didn't save (all true BTW) I also said I had the latest patch installed. Took 5 minutes to get my money back. Try again and remember be super polite and friendly.

Wait, so suggesting he might *not* be entirely to blame is now Stockholm Syndrome?

Wow.

No, because people are trying to make up ridiculous theories as to why Sean Murray isn't at fault with no facts. The facts we do have are that he repeatedly lied for years up to release. It doesn't even matter why.

Not to mention, if he created an environment where his team felt they couldn't be honest with him about the state of the features being implemented in the game... He failed absolutely miserably at his job. He either knew what was happening or was so incompetent that he didn't. Neither is a good look.

Money makes people do strange and often bad things. Hello Games was small time. Murray saw a chance to Molyneaux himself and the team into a big opening launch payday. Likely sunk his rep for good, but I'm sure the millions the team gas made make up for it (at least for now)

That message that got virally marketed here and other places was a big last minute red flag, but people do, and always have, get taken in quite easily by the "Aw Shucks I'm just a humble and honest guy making a cool thing" character Murray presented. Wasn't the first, won't be the last. Up to you to look at and pay attention to hard facts about the product and not the salesmanship around. Hint: If a person the developer, publisher or platform holder is talking about it, it's a sales pitch.

Got my refund from GOG. I bought the game after seeing very little bar the initial trailer and the colbert interview. Decided on launch day to buy, to share the journey of discovery with the wider world. After the first two days of mechanics discovery and first timers wonder...it got real old real fast. Between that, the frequent crashes and a feeling of rewarding poor practices I was glad to get refunded. I did have a niggling regret I never got close to the galactic centre....and that lasted until I took a look at it on YouTube. I've saved my knuckles a painful experience.

sazzy

This NMS modding website is implying that the NMS demos were not procedurally generated, because the assets for those scenes exist as is within the game's data files.

This exchanges scenes from the RAINFOREST biome as seen in the E3 presentation with scenes from common and creatures in the game.

Creatures, plants and rocks from the rainforest biome get added to the game. Diplosaurus, two headed triceratops, antilopes, flyinglizard and (possibly, not tested) the blue butterflies are findable.

Also this models were used for the presentation so don't expect it to work that well (missing animations? and so on)...this is rather for demonstration purposes (and for making screenshots I guess).

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/return-of-the-rainforest/

This NMS modding website is implying that the NMS demos were not procedurally generated, because the assets for those scenes exist as is within the game's data files.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/return-of-the-rainforest/
Yes, this has been exposed as another blatant lie. When asked why he kept showing the same "random" planet multiple times, Sean Murray said it was because the planet was interesting, when it's now clear that it was a pre-built planet, used to mislead the audience on their engine's procedural generating capabilities.

sazzy

Yes, this has been exposed as another blatant lie. When asked why he kept showing the same "random" planet multiple times, Sean Murray said it was because the planet was interesting, when it's now clear that it was a pre-built planet, used to mislead the audience on their engine's procedural generating capabilities.

This prob qualifies for its own thread...

"im picking a planet totally at random"

k sean

E92 M3

Watch Steam "reevaluate" their refund policy because of this game. I have a feeling many are just jumping the refund train way past the 2-hour mark.

Just embarrassing how so many people are acting over this game.

Watch Steam "reevaluate" their refund policy because of this game. I have a feeling many are just jumping the refund train way past the 2-hour mark.

Yeah people defending all the dev's lies like their lives depend on it are pretty embarrassing.

Raist

Banned
I wouldn't put moly on the scale of NMS, since moly's games actually, er, had "games" in them, at least sometimes. Fable and Fable 2 were, at least, decent action RPGs.

furthermore I wouldn't put Fallout on the scale of Moly. I enjoy the Bethesda stuff even if it's janky and imperfect, I always end up having fun

NMS is just a big barren nothing. there's no game there.

RIch Evans summed up my feelings in his review when he said "we hardly can even have a review of this game. you just... you go to the planet, shoot the rocks.. go to the next planet.. shoot the rocks.. How do you critique that? how do you have a discussion about that?"

Great review/analysis of the game.

"We can't review the new CoD. All you do is walk along corridor-like levels shooting AI dudes. You can also go online, and shoot real dudes."

"We can't review the new FIFA. All you do is kick a ball around in a stadium, and it's more or less the same dudes than last year, they just changed teams for some of them."

Etc.

The answer is not "there's no game" it's "there's no handholding me towards that one particular thing in this game".
Give the same box of legos to two kids, without the instructions. One will be pissed off that it's nearly impossible to get the result shown on the box without that, the other one will throw the box away and make whatever he wants.

piccolo85

Give the same box of legos to two kids, without the instructions. One will be pissed off that it's nearly impossible to get the result shown on the box without that, the other one will throw the box away and make whatever he wants.

An the third kid figures out that 2/3 thirds of the pieces required to build the truck pictured on the box are missing and will ask "are you fucking kidding me?".

AHindD

Decided to request a refund. US$60 just isn't worth it and my opinion isn't changing at the four hour mark.

You probably wont get it, you're 2 hours over the limit. Steam is clamping down on the number of refund requests, which I find the fact that they have a warning on the store page for this game hilarious.

If you aren't sure about a game, or are having technical issues (I saw a post a page or 2 back saying they were knocked back because of a high play time due to technical issues), make sure you keep an eye on the time played counter. If the game still sucks / a recent update doesn't fix your issues, then you can safely request a refund.

As bad as it is you had a ton of crashes, it's pretty shady to do a refund after playing over 50 hours. Game is broken though so I don't blame you particularly.

I've got no problem with dude getting a refund after 50 hours. I remember Ps3 Skyrim which played okay until 30-40 hours, then you would get single digit framerates. This made me mad as hell- wish I could have gotten a refund for that crap.

Nzyme32

Pretty ignorant to suggest that people who want a refund for this fucking broken pile of lies are entitled.

I'm aware the policy didn't change, and am well aware Steam is selectively approving refunds regardless of hours played. I paid the same as everyone else, have thousands of dollars in purchases on my nearly 10 year old Steam account, and have never requested a refund. So it's disappointing to receive a standard copy/paste response from Steam on this matter. Considering the problems and backlash, at this point I think they should be suspending any sales until all refund issues are settled and/or the game is fixed (which is nearly impossible).

I didn't say that, and the fact you have to spin it into some kind of offence is indicative of where you stand. I said that you believe you are entitled to a refund, by claiming you should be getting one because others have for their own reasoning and circumstance.

All I am stating is that the reasoning and circumstance that Valve are judging on is different based on what those other people have done / the comments they gave / whatever criteria they look at (maybe it's based on how often you refund / purchase etc). There are people still getting refunds when beyond the standard criteria, even now - why this is, is opaque as fuck.

To take that reasoning and logic, and then spin it into me calling all people looking for a refund as "entitled" by cherry picking a word used to describe your personal situation based on what you said previously - is hilarious

SomTervo

Wow... 4 minutes. That's brutal. I thought Steam had the consumers back, but it's pretty clear now that isn't the case. I really hope they change their position on this soon. I really like and respect Steam/Valve, and I'm aware they are the middleman in this situation, but if they can't offer something like refunds for specific reasons to all customers, don't offer it to a few.

It's totally fair enough. If they let people slip by 4 minutes, where do they draw the line? 5 mins over? 10 mins over?

They have to call it 2 hours on the button or risk compromising the entire policy.

(Although evidently they've already compromised the policy various times.)

Raist

Banned
An the third kid figures out that 2/3 thirds of the pieces required to build the truck pictured on the box are missing and will ask "are you fucking kidding me?".

That's cute. Have you played the game? How many hours?

Because a lot of the "OMG it's not in the game, LIARS" stuff in these videos or that reddit post is complete BS.

DoomGaze

Banned

It is. But the game itself is embarrassing, as well as the blatant misleading nature of everything leading up to the launch.

DoomGaze

Banned
This is a little OT, but I don't know which thread is better to bring this up...

Lots of people raise pitchforks when you throw some blame at Sony for this entire situation... like they are not to blame for anything Hello Games has done.

But why don't we discuss the fact that Sony did the QA for the game?

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/gameplay-support/

Sony was VERY involved with the development of this game, and had direct investment.

[Disclosure: I do QA for a software company. I am not pointing blame at Sony's QA team for this. I'm just saying that this places Sony, overall, into the development of this game and they didn't just market it for them. They were much more directly involved with the entire process. As someone who has been doing software QA for 10 years, I recognize the testing nightmare that this game would have been...]

I'm not surprised in the least.

Sony's history is rife with misdirection and general dishonesty. Killzone 2 at E3 2006 is usually the thing people remember most, but there have been other sinister occasions.

Their viral marketing plants, and subsequent denials of them. The "All I want for xmas is a PSP" video is a ghastly monument.

One nobody seems to want to bring up is that they flat out lied with The Last Guardian. In 2009 they were trying to demonstrate that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and TLG was their secret weapon. What they didn't tell us was that the game couldn't be done on the seventh generation, and they souped up the hardware to make the demo playable. Then they just quietly put it away and waited until the next generation, whose hardware could run it.

piccolo85

That's cute. Have you played the game? How many hours?

Because a lot of the "OMG it's not in the game, LIARS" stuff in these videos or that reddit post is complete BS.

I have played the game on PS4, around 20-30h I suppose. I got my limited edition refunded from Amazon last week. How is that stuff complete bullshit?! Those solar systems are definetely not solar systems (I tried to fly to a sun), planets and moons are static. Large space battles are definetly just a couple of fighters attacking static freighters (I never saw a freigter actally move). There are no crafting receipies to figure out, no factions to join, no players to meet by very unlikely circumstances. It is not viable to be just a trader or a space pirate. Portals have no function. And this is just the stuff from the back of my head...

Lagamorph

My gog.com refund is now going through.
They didn't make any troubleshooting attempts, just asked if I wanted cash or wallet refund.

When the game,
1) Is fixed
2) Is a reasonable price, like maybe a third of the current price
3) Has some content of any description
Then I might re-buy.

When the game actually worked there was a solid foundation there, but that was it, just a foundation.

Raist

Banned
I have played the game on PS4, around 20-30h I suppose. I got my limited edition refunded from Amazon last week. How is that stuff complete bullshit?! Those solar systems are definetely not solar systems (I tried to fly to a sun), planets and moons are static. Large space battles are definetly just a couple of fighters attacking static freighters (I never saw a freigter actally move). There are no crafting receipies to figure out, no factions to join, no players to meet by very unlikely circumstances. It is not viable to be just a trader or a space pirate. Portals have no function. And this is just the stuff from the back of my head...

I've joined space battles with 30+ ships attacking freighters. Not "a couple".

The only huge difference with the old gameplay footage is that it is more of a status quo situation. If you do nothing, nothing really happens. Freighters indeed don't fly around (for now?) and pirates will just swarm them and attack, but nothing really comes out of it and freighters don't shoot back. I'm guessing this has more to do with a gameplay consideration rather than a technical limitation, considering that (some) freighters will definitely try to wipe you out if you attack them.

If you attack the pirates, they'll fight back and the freighters won't touch you (unless a loose photon bullet ends up hitting them, RIP my first ship). If you attack the freighters, the pirates will ignore you. Freighters may or may not fire back. Sentinels starships, and eventually sentinel cruisers, will be progressively called in.

So yes, it's not 100% what was shown once, BUT saying "there is no large battles where you can choose a side" (as many people have) is quite far from the final real gameplay possibilities too. Granted, I would like a bit more fleshed out outcomes/consequences of these battles. Like, you fail if you take too long to get rid of all the pirates, like a time trial of sorts.

Systems are indeed not quite as complex as they said they would be. That "oh, other stuff is fake" was a dumb statement to make, too. Presumably, part of it has to do with people getting thrown of by planet rotation etc during playtesting.
At the same time, I've been on permanently dark / lit sides of planets. So I'm not entirely sure how that can happen if it's merely a set skybox, unless, they "fake it" by changing the "skybox" depending on your position on the planet I guess. It's hard to use the term skybox too, when, if you see a planet or moon up in the sky, you can hop into your ship and get there seamlessly and without any "cheating". Or if there is, it's so well done that it's in practice identical to the "real thing".

People have come to conclude that (partly) because of that, the whole different resources thing is not in at all either, so it's another lie. Yet I know exactly where to look if I want a shitton of plutonium on a planet. I know which type of planets to look for if I want chrysonite, or to just walk for 5 minutes and fill my ship with gold. How could I do that, if there was no such system in place?

You can't guess craft recipes, true. I'm not sure anything more than "we kinda want to do it like minecraft" was ever said though, and Some of the more rare recipes (alloys) are not straightforward to get.

No "true" MP for now, for sure. Maybe they lied. Maybe they didn't make it in time. Maybe it didn't work, maybe the servers/netcode is fucked. I don't know and I'm not going to claim I do.

Portals are physically there, but presumably it's not possible to activate them. There is evidence of stuff related to that in the code. Maybe they were disabled at the last minute. Or just not finished yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not viable" to be a trader or a pirate either. You can absolutely play the game this way, unless I don't get your point fully.

There's also a large list of things that were supposedly not there at all, and the more time passes, the more you get evidence of all that stuff (yourself, or seeing footage from other people)f. That reddit list was made after a week (a couple of days for the PC release) by a guy who didn't even play himself. It's a list of quotes with statements that "X and Y are NOT in". People ran with it to conclude that they deliberately lied about pretty much everything. They basically ignored the old adage "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". This does not mean that "anything could be out there" either. It's still a game. Made by a team of 15. There will be limitations, and I think some people just forgot that. The press ceertainly didn't help with all their "OMG GUYZ WE VISITED HG GUYZ. NMS FTW. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES GUYZ. IT'S ALL LIKE INFINITE AND SHIT" (clickbait?) articles.

So yes, the game doesn't 100% matches the few bits of gameplay that were shown. some stuff is not there (yet?). Some stuff is "close enough". I'd wager you could put ANY game/dev under the spotlight for pretty much the whole duration of its development, and you could always find stuff that was shown/talked about 2 years prior that didn't make it in the end, without necessarily the devs putting a press release out to inform that the 2 secs footage they've shown 2 years ago to kewlgamez.com isn't in the game (like an NPC ship taking of from random ground, and not just from trading posts. Seriously what difference does it really make?). Yes, they definitely made some mistakes too.

I think there is enough of a good game (YMMV, it's certainly not for everyone, that was clear from Day 1) here to warrant a good discussion about what it is, what is due for improvements (like a lot of UI stuff), what kind of additions would be cool. But an insane amount of bandwidth is instead spent on just pure hate, often not factually justified (assuming hate is ever justified, at least when it comes to a fucking videogame), and discussions about what the game isn't or doesn't have, that is in several cases based on an absence of evidence fallacy made by people who have a limited experience (first hand or not) of the game, and also influenced by some people's imagination running wild (on both sides of the argument).

As far as I'm concerned, I'm enjoying the game, and it's pretty damn close to what I expected it would be. As it is for, I think, many people. Just read the summaries some made in these "what do you do?!" threads over the years, based on footage and interviews. Yes, some (important or not) details aren't there. Yet or not. For whatever reason, which doesn't have to be "OMG SCAM". It's difficult however to play the game for a decent amount of time, and not think that it is pretty damn close to what these summaries described.

I really appreciate the complete lack of handholding (rare these days, and no, it's not "bad videogames design, it's completely consistent with the premise), the fact that it's different, the freaking huge colour palette (something people have been complaining about for years), how fun it can be to dig your way around (again, something people often say they want), etc.

tl;dr. Yes, the game isn't 100% identical to what was shown, sometimes once, over a whole period of 3 years. Yes, there are stability/compatibility issues. They've been working on that a lot. Yes, some stuff is fucking irritating (please let me craft warp cells directly. For the love of my DS4). Yes, some of the reactions are insanely disproportionate to what is going on. The snowball effect is real.

Rant over, back to the game I go.

Z3M0G

Sony's history is rife with misdirection and general dishonesty. Killzone 2 at E3 2006 is usually the thing people remember most, but there have been other sinister occasions.

Oh ffs... the Killzone 2 thing wasn't that bad... it was just some PR guy who didn't know any better and said "Yup, that's gameplay!" and Sony was held hostage by his dumb words for YEARS... by gamers who didn't know a CG trailer when they saw one... and in the end the final game ended up looking better.

One nobody seems to want to bring up is that they flat out lied with The Last Guardian. In 2009 they were trying to demonstrate that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and TLG was their secret weapon. What they didn't tell us was that the game couldn't be done on the seventh generation, and they souped up the hardware to make the demo playable. Then they just quietly put it away and waited until the next generation, whose hardware could run it.

Ok I should have read the entire post and realized I shouldn't have responded at all... this part in particular makes no sense. Almost every console game is first demo'd on development PCs, that doesn't make the company doing the demo Evil. If they had development issues that caused the project to go into the gutter, well that happens... then PS4 comes around and people are still asking for the game every year so they gave it another shot. That's all there is to it... nothing sinister.

:/

Z3M0G

Systems are indeed not quite as complex as they said they would be. That "oh, other stuff is fake" was a dumb statement to make, too. Presumably, part of it has to do with people getting thrown of by planet rotation etc during playtesting.

Yah, I call bullshit on that... if playtesters can't find a space station after going down to planet and then returning to space, you don't strip the entire simulation of a functional solar system out of a game. You add a waypoint on the station or something simple...

That reason they gave was BS, and they never pulled off the solar system mechanics in the first place. What we got was the most basic smoke-and-mirrors method to fake a star system. (sun is a skybox, day/night cycle is standard method used in any game and doesn't take sun position into account.)

Jobbs

Banned
Just you wait, a defender will be here any minute saying that wasn't a lie and you were just completely misinterpreting his words!

People should naturally assume everything they say is lies, because that's how it's done, duh. Don't be mad at them. Be mad at yourself.

Would it have killed Sean to just say "The game will generate infinite worlds, and one of them might look like this" or just not even comment on whether it was generated randomly or not? Like why go out of his way to lie?

Exile20

I don't know how many of you managed to play this game for more 50 hours, let alone more than 20. I played less than 1 hour and couldn't go on. (constant crashes, very limited inventory, not many new things to do after leaving your starting system)

This game could be great, with more updates and if what was promised was there.

This should have been a greenlight game. Build it up with content then release on PS4 and Steam but nope.

cyress8

Banned
Yah, I call bullshit on that... if playtesters can't find a space station after going down to planet and then returning to space, you don't strip the entire simulation of a functional solar system out of a game. You add a waypoint on the station or something simple...

That reason they gave was BS, and they never pulled off the solar system mechanics in the first place. What we got was the most basic smoke-and-mirrors method to fake a star system. (sun is a skybox, day/night cycle is standard method used in any game and doesn't take sun position into account.)

"Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further..."
They clearly are saying that planet rotation is still in, just in a weaker/slower state.

They did not need to code in the ability for planets to have a day/night cycle. The planet just rotate very fast once you get into the atmosphere and disables when you leave.

Irminsul

They clearly are saying that planet rotation is still in, just in a weaker/slower state.

They did not need to code in the ability for planets to have a day/night cycle. The planet just rotate very fast once you get into the atmosphere and disables when you leave.
But that's just another hint that they lied, because planet rotation isn't in. They don't rotate. Not only don't they do that when you're in space, but also when you're on the ground.

It's pretty simple to check: Planets you see in the sky just hang there, they don't move. They should do that if planets actually rotated.

The only huge difference with the old gameplay footage is that it is more of a status quo situation. If you do nothing, nothing really happens. Freighters indeed don't fly around (for now?) and pirates will just swarm them and attack, but nothing really comes out of it and freighters don't shoot back. I'm guessing this has more to do with a gameplay consideration rather than a technical limitation, considering that (some) freighters will definitely try to wipe you out if you attack them.

If you attack the pirates, they'll fight back and the freighters won't touch you (unless a loose photon bullet ends up hitting them, RIP my first ship). If you attack the freighters, the pirates will ignore you. Freighters may or may not fire back. Sentinels starships, and eventually sentinel cruisers, will be progressively called in.

So yes, it's not 100% what was shown once, BUT saying "there is no large battles where you can choose a side" (as many people have) is quite far from the final real gameplay possibilities too. Granted, I would like a bit more fleshed out outcomes/consequences of these battles. Like, you fail if you take too long to get rid of all the pirates, like a time trial of sorts.

At the same time, I've been on permanently dark / lit sides of planets. So I'm not entirely sure how that can happen if it's merely a set skybox, unless, they "fake it" by changing the "skybox" depending on your position on the planet I guess. It's hard to use the term skybox too, when, if you see a planet or moon up in the sky, you can hop into your ship and get there seamlessly and without any "cheating". Or if there is, it's so well done that it's in practice identical to the "real thing".

People have come to conclude that (partly) because of that, the whole different resources thing is not in at all either, so it's another lie. Yet I know exactly where to look if I want a shitton of plutonium on a planet. I know which type of planets to look for if I want chrysonite, or to just walk for 5 minutes and fill my ship with gold. How could I do that, if there was no such system in place?

You can't guess craft recipes, true. I'm not sure anything more than "we kinda want to do it like minecraft" was ever said though, and Some of the more rare recipes (alloys) are not straightforward to get.

No "true" MP for now, for sure. Maybe they lied. Maybe they didn't make it in time. Maybe it didn't work, maybe the servers/netcode is fucked. I don't know and I'm not going to claim I do.

Portals are physically there, but presumably it's not possible to activate them. There is evidence of stuff related to that in the code. Maybe they were disabled at the last minute. Or just not finished yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not viable" to be a trader or a pirate either. You can absolutely play the game this way, unless I don't get your point fully.

There's also a large list of things that were supposedly not there at all, and the more time passes, the more you get evidence of all that stuff (yourself, or seeing footage from other people)f. That reddit list was made after a week (a couple of days for the PC release) by a guy who didn't even play himself. It's a list of quotes with statements that "X and Y are NOT in". People ran with it to conclude that they deliberately lied about pretty much everything. They basically ignored the old adage "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". This does not mean that "anything could be out there" either. It's still a game. Made by a team of 15. There will be limitations, and I think some people just forgot that. The press ceertainly didn't help with all their "OMG GUYZ WE VISITED HG GUYZ. NMS FTW. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES GUYZ. IT'S ALL LIKE INFINITE AND SHIT" (clickbait?) articles.

So yes, the game doesn't 100% matches the few bits of gameplay that were shown. some stuff is not there (yet?). Some stuff is "close enough". I'd wager you could put ANY game/dev under the spotlight for pretty much the whole duration of its development, and you could always find stuff that was shown/talked about 2 years prior that didn't make it in the end, without necessarily the devs putting a press release out to inform that the 2 secs footage they've shown 2 years ago to kewlgamez.com isn't in the game (like an NPC ship taking of from random ground, and not just from trading posts. Seriously what difference does it really make?). Yes, they definitely made some mistakes too.

I think there is enough of a good game (YMMV, it's certainly not for everyone, that was clear from Day 1) here to warrant a good discussion about what it is, what is due for improvements (like a lot of UI stuff), what kind of additions would be cool. But an insane amount of bandwidth is instead spent on just pure hate, often not factually justified (assuming hate is ever justified, at least when it comes to a fucking videogame), and discussions about what the game isn't or doesn't have, that is in several cases based on an absence of evidence fallacy made by people who have a limited experience (first hand or not) of the game, and also influenced by some people's imagination running wild (on both sides of the argument).

As far as I'm concerned, I'm enjoying the game, and it's pretty damn close to what I expected it would be. As it is for, I think, many people. Just read the summaries some made in these "what do you do?!" threads over the years, based on footage and interviews. Yes, some (important or not) details aren't there. Yet or not. For whatever reason, which doesn't have to be "OMG SCAM". It's difficult however to play the game for a decent amount of time, and not think that it is pretty damn close to what these summaries described.

I really appreciate the complete lack of handholding (rare these days, and no, it's not "bad videogames design, it's completely consistent with the premise), the fact that it's different, the freaking huge colour palette (something people have been complaining about for years), how fun it can be to dig your way around (again, something people often say they want), etc.

tl;dr. Yes, the game isn't 100% identical to what was shown, sometimes once, over a whole period of 3 years. Yes, there are stability/compatibility issues. They've been working on that a lot. Yes, some stuff is fucking irritating (please let me craft warp cells directly. For the love of my DS4). Yes, some of the reactions are insanely disproportionate to what is going on. The snowball effect is real.

You're both currently sitting at stage 1 of the Kübler-Ross model: Denial & Isolation. I finally made it to the Acceptance stage. I've accepted that we've been told a massive amount of lies and now I can just sit back and watch the shit show unfold as Sean Murray hides in his cave.

So it turns out Sony have sent my entire email correspondence to some other guy, who was nice enough to email me and tell me about their fuck up.

Sony and leaks eh? They can fucking give me a refund now.

Jigorath

Banned
Just you wait, a defender will be here any minute saying that wasn't a lie and you were just completely misinterpreting his words!

"You guys have to understand, when Sean said he was picking a planet at random to show off, he only meant that when the game comes out you can pick a planet randomly and have it look as well made as that one. He wanted to show off the game's potential. He wasn't lying per se, he just got a little excited. The game was clearly rushed out by Sony (who are also preventing him from answering any questions) and didn't give him the time necessary to complete his masterpiece."

I'm adding a /s just in case.

Kard8p3

Yeah, I would highly recommend that new attack on titan game (I don't read/watch it) cause holy fuck is the game fluid, fast, and fun.

Thnx hello games. Without you I probably wouldn't have gotten this gem.

Yeah, I would highly recommend that new attack on titan game (I don't read/watch it) cause holy fuck is the game fluid, fast, and fun.

Thnx hello games. Without you I probably wouldn't have gotten this gem.

Alternatively, God Eater 2 is out for those looking for a Monster Hunter esque game. And Legion is out for those looking for an MMO

Chabbles

Good rant.

Top Bottom