• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, Marvel Avengers is a piece of shit game...

Stuart360

I only got to the part where you are controlling whatever her name was, and you were in the desert trying to find the Avengers secret base or something, and then i uninstalled it.
Just awful

Last edited:

crozier

I just can’t believe they’ve gotten away with not releasing the Spider-Man DLC this long. Is there a precedent for this?

Strider311

I actually like the game, but it definitely has its issues. I come back for the new stories/expansions, but I’m not playing it regularly.

I put about 40 minutes into the beta, deleted it and never looked back.

We're probably never going to get another good marvel game besides the Spiderman ones.

Hinedorf

Banned
Game is still broken.....I played a significant amount of time because I'm Marvel fanboy and also hate myself.

The amount of gripes this game could generate makes me think if it had just been more popular at launch the same scenario would've occurred with what happened to Cyberpunk.

It also completely changed my interests in gaming as so many new games are just completely unplayable and remain that way I've stopped buying new games altogether.

The risk/reward with a new game these days makes any monthly gamepass option more viable than paying a flat rate for a broken game you'll only put an hour into anyways.

Quality Control does not exist in this industry at all and we as consumers are deserving for what it has become.

'Sell a fake Demo, release it broken, they'll still preorder, they'll still go after MTX, by the time there's enough complaints we'll have broke even'

I just can’t believe they’ve gotten away with not releasing the Spider-Man DLC this long. Is there a precedent for this?
the games been out less than a year. Has released 2 DLCs. Has a third DLC in the next couple weeks. And they never really hinted that the Spiderman DLC would be happening immediately or anything.

Thats what u get trying to force devs to make a game they dont want to make lol, the upcoming, guardians of galaxy is nothing but resinked cash grab.

On Demand

Banned
I was enjoying the beta demo up until you get to the online segment. That just ruined it for me and it became just another dumb GAAS online game. Was not buying it because of that.

It could of been amazing as a full single player story game.

I’m starting to wonder what merit does Eidos-Montreal have for Disney to green-light two major Marvel Franchises to them? Their games for the past 10 years have been subpar. From Deus Ex to Tomb Raider Shadows of Uncharted.
tenor.gif

RafterXL

When they nerfed XP gain and then turned around and started selling XP boosters on the shop was the final fuck you IMO. This cosmetic stuff is par for the course since then.

Neil Young

I cannot fathom just how bad this game is a dumpster fire of a game.

I'm reading the subreddits for this and just feel bad for the fans.

and this is the type of skins they put out on the marketplace, mind you.
OWZlljS.jpg

They put out a statement saying that skins have to go through a strict approval process from Marvel.
Marvel's quality department just went to shit if this is their standard. I'm seeing better skins from a mobile game than this AAA disaster.

Whatever happened to quality titles and games? The management handling this game is just as bad as those working on CD Projekt Red.

Hell, because of this game fans are wary about Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sigh, this is what happens when you have greedy corporations putting out garbage than putting out real quality effort. No wonder they are taking Marvel's image and shoving that in the mud.

Have you played the game?

The campaign is pretty decent and the combat and move sets are good. Where I think the game fails is the loot. Nothing shows up on the character so you might as well not have it. Also, all the currencies are ridiculous. Enemy variety is piss poor. It's a shame because the bones are good. If they rebooted with cosmetic loot and more enemies/missions, I think it would be a great game. As it is....not NEARLY as bad as people say.

Reizo Ryuu

It could of have been amazing as a full single player story game.
The campaign is 12 hours long, kate adds another 2-3 hours, clint another 1-2, and cosmic cube also another 1-2.
Sounds like the average length for a narrative driven action/adventure.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Sad to think all they had to do was license the likeness of the mcu actors and this would've been a huge hit. Greed strikes again

I wish it were that simple. Consider that every actor has their own agent, own contract and own deal with the movies.

To license Marvel characters is not cheap AT ALL. Now add an actor's typical deal points and fees to that.

And yes, you could say "but Marvel should tell the actors they have to give the rights to their likeness in a game." It's a lovely idea, but was probably very unrealistic at the time those particular actors had their contracts drawn up. RDJ is a name. Hemsworth wasn't big at the time. Scarlett is and was a big name. Each of them have various levers and pulleys their agents push against. It's not a super easy thing. And you then have to pay them for voice actor time, and schedule that while they do other movies, projects and their own lives. AND pay for it probably at movie rate unless you have a winning lawyer.

I also don't know for a fact what the arrangement is; simply illustrating the above is the classic.

A game built around ONE actor is tough enough. Ages ago, I worked at a studio that was building Constantine. The Keanu deal was not straight forward. We had to get a voice-a-like for his lines, which he approved. I recall some challenge with his face likeness but he was mostly "cool" to help out.

On Spider-Man VR, we were offered the vocal lines with some fresh ones direct from the actors but were limited to what we could do with the visuals.

I promise you; nobody wants to spend years building something they hate or want to cripple. Oftentimes, you're navigating complex agreements and political mazes to get a decent enough soil to plant your creative crop.

I'd be curious to hear the story of this game, but I'm going to guess that story won't emerge for some time.

If you want to speculate anything, Squeenix probably found a way where people were spending money and doubled down to gain funds to build more stuff. Not saying I agree with it. I'm speculating this is about generating funds to put back into the game, which would likely be after whatever they can recoup from existing expenses.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I remained signed up to their marketing emails just so I could watch the inevitable downward spiral. Their marketing shit is indistinguishable from f2p shovelware on the App Store now. It would be sad if it weren't so funny. Why, oh why, did they release that game in the shape it was? That thing, even after all of the updates it has received, still feels like an alpha.

Last edited:

april6e

It's sad because all I want is a modern, pretty version of Ultimate Alliance and I thought this game could finally be the game I've been waiting over a decade for (pls give us a co-op X-men game). I still want to give the game a try when they finally release all the content in a GOTY version but with all the negative talk I've heard, I'm sure it'll be quite disappointing.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Paying full price on Steam for this piece of shit in my lockdown-ravaged desperation for something to do was worse than the virus.

Neolombax

I just recently got the game because it was on sale. I'm having fun with the campaign, its pretty good. Many people have said the interest to play this game will fall exponentially once the campaign is done and the skill tree is completed.

The biggest issue for this game is the loot. Its not visualized and it doesn't have interesting effects. I hope they have plans for a loot 2.0 type update, similar to Destiny 2 which added back random rolls. I'm looking forward to what the Wakanda expansion will do for the game, not much information is available for this though. If they don't have significant updates to the core system of the game, I don't think the game has much of a future but I'd still probably have my money's worth already from the campaign.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If the core reason for a product to exist is to make money, the product will naturally reflect it

Top Bottom