• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you disown your son/daughter if they ever became a member of resetera?

GreyHorace

I'd disown my child if they started sperging in real life like they would in the RE forums. After let's say a year of isolation from the family, I'd welcome them back and remind them some basic truths in life:

- Trump is not Satan Incarnate
- Not all women are victims
- Being LGBTQ does not make you special
- Illegal immigrants are not welcome
- White privlege is a scam
- Gaming Journalism sucks
- Captain Marvel sucks
- Wakanda isn't real

Shifty

A bit much, no?

I guess it's dependent on age, but up to a point re-education is gonna be the better option than exile.

I think so, will have to check the documentation on Github.
Bad news, someone nuked the git history for the human-society repo.

Anyone got a local backup? :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

lil puff

A lot of people there act like a bunch of middle school children. I also find a lot of hypocrisy.

Everything is either black or white, no nuance at all.

I would never disown my child, but I'd hope to have raised them to display some critical thinking and be better than that.

Saying that, I admit to having fun reading. It is way more lively than this forum.

DESTROYA

I wouldn’t disown them but shame them relentlessly.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Banned

That is the main problem with the site. There's no discussion of a difference of an opinion.

Also, they love banning people left and right based on a topic at hand, only to find out weeks later the story had change in regards to a celeb or an article.

The black guy from Chicago(Smollett) who hired dudes to beat him comes to mind

lil puff

That is the main problem with the site. There's no discussion of a difference of an opinion.

Also, they love banning people left and right based on a topic at hand, only to find out weeks later the story had change in regards to a celeb or an article.

The black guy from Chicago(Smollett) who hired dudes to beat him comes to mind
According to them, everyone here is a Nazi or Klan member.

Yeah, I am rolling around the projects in Brooklyn with a white hood on.

OK.

You can tell when someone is a phony when they try that hard.

DarkestHour

Banned
As long as you stay out of the wacko Off Topic section it's not so bad. ResetEra still has a very active video game section that is bearable as long as nobody brings up Trump or some other non-related bullshit.

D-Dude

I already post there about how much I hate conservatives (Nazis) so it would be a bit hypocritical of me.

I'm conservative (leaning) in my country (not US, but live like 3 min from German border) Does that make me evil incarnate then?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Guess you gonna miss out on breast milk, not a milk connoisseur after all.
I'm actually lactose intolerant.
giphy.gif

I'm conservative (leaning) in my country (not US, but live like 3 min from German border) Does that make me a german nazi then?
You already have a skinhead as an avatar so yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thabass

I could care any less if my child posts here or on Resetera. I would care if they get into legal trouble. These places are harmless enough.

Last edited:

Paltheos

A lot of people there act like a bunch of middle school children. I also find a lot of hypocrisy.

I would never disown my child, but I'd hope to have raised them to display some critical thinking and be better than that.

Saying that, I admit to having fun reading. It is way more lively than this forum.

It's a result of the moderation policy. Allot of the moderate voices are either reluctant to speak out of fear or forcefully culled, and in the spicier topics priority for moderator action is clearly given to the most ideologically offensive posts regardless of how overtly toxic some of the other shit is. The result is an echoing chamber that spirals out of control not just ideologically (an intended effect) but in vehemence in general (very much not intended).

Mihos

Gold Member
It's a result of the moderation policy. Allot of the moderate voices are either reluctant to speak out of fear or forcefully culled, and in the spicier topics priority for moderator action is clearly given to the most ideologically offensive posts regardless of how overtly toxic some of the other shit is. The result is an echoing chamber that spirals out of control not just ideologically (an intended effect) but in vehemence in general (very much not intended).

In their own words, moderates on their own 'side' are the biggest problem

That was around the time I bowed out.

I wouldn't say a god damn thing. I'd look at him, and I'd say "son, I am disappoint. But you're old enough to make your own choices now".

I'd sit patiently down stairs, wait for the inevitable door slam and yelling. And as he comes stomping down the stairs and out the front door in a tizzy, I'd just nod my head knowingly and say to myself.

"And now he knows"

Tesseract

Banned
Am I? My children will know the fundamentals of agriculture and will be armed to the teeth

mathematics and technology will dominate the 21st century, agriculture is part of that to some degree but most our food needs will be taken care of

the fundamentals don't take very long to learn, and then what? no technology ever? you are fucking them over.

Banned
According to them, everyone here is a Nazi or Klan member.

Yeah, I am rolling around the projects in Brooklyn with a white hood on.

OK.

You can tell when someone is a phony when they try that hard.

They have to differentiate themselves from this site.

Kamina

Golden Boy
No, but i would consider locking them up with no internet where they can become normal without the woke influence.

I already post there about how much I hate conservatives (Nazis) so it would be a bit hypocritical of me.
My grandparents were conservative germans, and raised their children accordingly.
But none of them were part of the NSDAP, none of them condoned Hitlers actions and they are absolutely against hating other peoples and cultures.
Yet we have people like you who randomly name others nazis just because they have a different political view.
From my point of view the things that have been said and done by members of the radical left wing are much closer to Nazis.

Last edited:

Banned
Resetera is the worst forum out there, hypocritical SJW cesspool. If you don't agree with their SJW ideology, you get banned. They are the very definition of fascism. they are the shithole of the internet.

It is fun to see how far you can push with an unpopular opinion

waxer

never disown family
LOL. Been there done that no regrets. The ultimate in idiocy is thinking because biologically related should take anyone's shit. If someone were to walk all over you then they don't consider you family so why treat them any better. Remove that shit from your life

Tesseract

Banned
LOL. Been there done that no regrets. The ultimate in idiocy is thinking because biologically related should take anyone's shit. If someone were to walk all over you then they don't consider you family so why treat them any better. Remove that shit from your life

you do you, it's your soul

Last edited:

waxer

you do you, it's your soul
The danger in otherwise thinking is mainly if you push it towards others. Everyone should do as they will as you say but Families can get torn apart when other member say should forgive and forget etc.
Personally ill blame the other family members as well. Especially with stuff like rape. (not what my issue was)

I have no I'll will towards family that still associate with them though. Merely those that help them get away with crimes. Or give you the speech about how criminal feels so bad and how you should make them feel better. Fuck that guilt trip victim blaming.

Assholes like that make the criminals feel like what they did was OK and they are going to just continue doing it to others. Then everyone tries to spare people knowing truth in case damages relationships and crimes continue.

Kind of like everyone on news with asshole kids that have done a bunch of crimes then do something extra bad...... He was a good boy.

Top Bottom