• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst console launch in History.

zeioIIDX

I honestly just don't give a damn this go around. I remember camping out in the freezing Chicago cold with my friends so one of them could grab a 360 the moment Target opened up. Console launches, at least for me, used to be huge events with lots to look forward to. But the PS5 and Xbox Series X? Meh. Half that shit you'll be able to play on PC anyway. I would get a PS5 over the Xbox but that's because of the controller, mostly...and the fact that it would be nice to finally finish Demon's Souls, seeing as how my ex-wife broke my PS3 copy in half years ago. The whole "Hey, we don't have much to offer for launch titles but...you can play all your old games with a crispier image and somewhat faster load times!" thing isn't all that appealing to me.

There's really nothing at launch that has excited me or made me think "Holy shit, that's next gen!". This is the first time that's ever happened for me. Every other time a new console has released, there have been definite games I've wanted to play on it or there has been definite visual upgrades that distinguished it from previous consoles. Raytracing is sweet but I already have that, courtesy of my RTX 2060. The SSDs are nice but again, I have an SSD and NVME in my PC already. Hell, I didn't even get a PS4 until just 2 years ago. Still never grabbed an Xbox One at all. I think it's just me. These days, I've had more fun on the Switch, hacked Vita, hacked 3DS, PC, as well as with VR with my Vive and Quest.

Last edited:

DonJimbo

XTBDx8e.jpg

Thanks to him the most incompetent CEO of the best company in the gaming industry was and still is this console launch the worst and most fucked up in the history thank you Jim

Shubh_C63

A new launch with a Souls games and a Spiderman game is fine by me. Not for everybody but will do for most.

Not to mention a new console launch doesn't automatically erase all the older games that came out an year ago filling up your backlog.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
People in here didn't experience the Australia and New Zealand launch of the Dreamcast. Understocked memory cards in Australia and no memory cards in New Zealand for about 6 weeks. You have no idea the pain of having to restart every game from scratch.

Top Bottom