• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT 10| Shadowbr... Shadowlands

Mista

Banned
The honor gear is surprisingly not bad for PvP either; I'm actually doing arenas because I don't have to grind rated to compete with other teams

Hell brother, have you seen shadow priest DPS? That shit is INSANE; 6-7k in M+s at like 184 ilvl
Ran with a guildy last night and that was CRAZZZYYYY to see
Shadow Priest is currently insane. It got completely reworked and those dots are no joke. Even as mm hunter before the recent nerf I couldn't compete with a shadow priest. You got to see the balance druid right now. The DPS is unreal bro!

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Fucking guildy put up a neck I needed for roll after helping him push an M+
And then he fucking dipped on the key he got

Mother fucker it was the 1 item I needed from that, and you gave it to a rando, WTF

Mista

Banned
I did it anyways for the 200 ilvl quest :p

Also ran CN norm last night for the first time; the pug I jumped into 1 shot every boss to artificer >.>
Yeah same and I’m glad that I did. A head dropped for me and that was the most I needed.

Normal CN is really easy. Pug it for the vault or LFG too to complete all 10. Every week I finish my 10 keys then go and finish the 10 raid bosses

My DPS is currently brutal. Top 3-4 every boss fight

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Yeah same and I’m glad that I did. A head dropped for me and that was the most I needed.

Normal CN is really easy. Pug it for the vault or LFG too to complete all 10. Every week I finish my 10 keys then go and finish the 10 raid bosses

My DPS is currently brutal. Top 3-4 every boss fight
I was in top 5 and 198 the entire raid
Felt good
Well other than the spriest at like 190 being 1 -.-

People were acting like the Lady Inerva fight was the most stupidly difficult thing ever...it was the same thing and then 2 ranged sit next to tanks and vent them >.>

Mista

Banned
I was in top 5 and 198 the entire raid
Felt good
Well other than the spriest at like 190 being 1 -.-

People were acting like the Lady Inerva fight was the most stupidly difficult thing ever...it was the same thing and then 2 ranged sit next to tanks and vent them >.>
Do timewalking ulduar raid. 13 bosses and they all offer 200ilvl gear!

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Do timewalking ulduar raid. 13 bosses and they all offer 200ilvl gear!
I got told this last night by guildies and saved it specifically for tonight!

Thanks for the tip!

I'm also sitting pretty at 198; what ilvl are you rocking these days? Seems like getting geared is really quick

Mista

Banned
I got told this last night by guildies and saved it specifically for tonight!

Thanks for the tip!

I'm also sitting pretty at 198; what ilvl are you rocking these days? Seems like getting geared is really quick
No problem bro! Getting geared is definitely not quick for me

Pushing high keys just to get rewarded with anima. I am currently sitting at 204

ManaByte

Gold Member
I know a GAF WoW guild doesn't work (trust me, I know. I led Gnomes Are Food before transferring leadership to another poster here who immediately got himself banned from the game), but would anyone want a GAF Bnet group? They're cross-game and I'd set it up tonight if so.

Edit: If anyone wants an invite to the Bnet group for matchmaking across games send me a PM.

Last edited:

TheContact

Got a beta inv to BC. First beta inv I got since wotlk. It seems a lot of other people got one as well. They’re stressing the servers. Check your accounts and help out if you’re interested!

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
So we are nearing the end of this expansion. What are y’all’s thoughts? Best things about it? Worst things? What are y’all up to until 2023 when the next expansion launches?

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I hope so I but I think it will be a while for 10.0. I enjoyed getting KSM last tier. Struggling making time to get it now. Close though. I played a Venthyr Shadow Priest and now a necro ww the past two tiers. I enjoyed doing the necro sticher stuff.

I didn't hate shadowlands. And I enjoyed the zones the first time thru. Tbh though I'm struggling with listing things I liked. :(

Jooxed

Gold Member
So we are nearing the end of this expansion. What are y’all’s thoughts? Best things about it? Worst things? What are y’all up to until 2023 when the next expansion launches?
I despised shadowlands. It’s the first expansion that maybe me drop off without leveling all the way through.

There were just way too many systems for me. I’m optimistic about Dragonflight and the past week I’ve actually thought about resubbing to finish shadowlands

ManaByte

Gold Member
Shadowlands was the "go woke, go broke" of the WoW expansions. Hated it. But forcing myself to hit 80 with Venthyr and completing the campaign in the new area.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I despised shadowlands. It’s the first expansion that maybe me drop off without leveling all the way through.

There were just way too many systems for me. I’m optimistic about Dragonflight and the past week I’ve actually thought about resubbing to finish shadowlands

I wanted to love Shadowlands. It removed many of the egregious systems that I despised such as Warforging, TItanforging, and the Legendary Weapon/Artifact Weapon. However, the way they handled Legendaries was a massive misstep (seriously, Blizz, just do what you used to. One or two Legendary items that everyone can use and it is an epic questline, or base it specifically for one class/job). The lore was neat, but all the stuff actually explaining it and how it worked was in extraneous media, as well as most of the villain motivations and history.

I am slowly working my way through, but so far I found enjoyment just doing old zones and "All The Things" mod for building up my one character I play.

Shadowlands was the "go woke, go broke" of the WoW expansions. Hated it. But forcing myself to hit 80 with Venthyr and completing the campaign in the new area.

What did they do? Aside from the asinine censorship of old artwork and turning women into fruits, that is.

ManaByte

Gold Member
What did they do? Aside from the asinine censorship of old artwork and turning women into fruits, that is.

Made some NPCs trans. There are NPCs who were one sex in Azeroth and when you find them in the Shadowlands their the opposite and are like "this is the real me!"

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Made some NPCs trans. There are NPCs who were one sex in Azeroth and when you find them in the Shadowlands their the opposite and are like "this is the real me!"

Ah gotcha. I finished that area and completely missed any of that as it was so bland and forgettable. The only thing I could focus on was Bluether.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ah gotcha. I finished that area and completely missed any of that as it was so bland and forgettable. The only thing I could focus on was Bluether.

They made that character one of the key characters and one of the most important ones in the Shadowlands storyline.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
They made that character one of the key characters and one of the most important ones in the Shadowlands storyline.
Ah. Haven’t finished it yet. I am on Elvish zone. Keep losing interest and going back to old content.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ah. Haven’t finished it yet. I am on Elvish zone. Keep losing interest and going back to old content.

The main campaign is...eh.

The Chains of Domination campaign is actually OK. You have to unite the covenants.

The current one is eh so far, but I do like the look of the new zone.

The main campaign is...eh.

The Chains of Domination campaign is actually OK. You have to unite the covenants.

The current one is eh so far, but I do like the look of the new zone.
I just unlocked the "choose your covenant". I went Necrolords because I'm a DK and it seemed good/fitting theme. My current campaign quest is to rescue the Tauren chieftain from Torghast. Should I just stick with the campaign questline or focus on building my base?

supernova8

Banned
Sorry to bumb this thread (wow no posts since May 2022... is it that bad?)

I was wondering if people could guide me on what I should expect if I were to resubscribe to WoW?

In terms of my background/history with the game, I used it to play it on and off for literally a few years from around launch until around the time WoTLK became free (the only expansion I ever bought was Burning Crusades). I don't think I ever actually hit level 60 (let alone the higher levels). I tried the up-to-level-20-trial a while back (the one where you start on the ship and do some stuff on the shipwrecked island thing) but it all felt incredibly hand-holdy.

On that basis, I think I would play WoW Classic exclusively if I were to resub, but I keep watching youtube videos with people (likely WoW veterans) saying it all feels too "optimized". I guess it means there's no challenge because people already beat all the dungeons, but as someone who never actually did a lot of those dungeons/raids, am I likely to feel that magic?

Put differently, people on those videos seem to say it's like the original but "somehow not quite the same", but I'm wondering if I can avoid that "disappointment" out of pure ignorance (ie never experienced the end game anyway).

I suppose one way to be to just buy a month's worth of time and just try it out and then drop it if I don't like it. Not a huge cost after all.

Last edited:

Zheph

WoW classic won't be hand holding you but...
- People know the game in and out so they are min maxing the shit out of it that's why they say it is "too optimized"
- There are few QoL such as being able to fly straightaway in Burning Crusade
- You might also struggle to find groups if you are not min maxing yourself as people are extremely picky

Top Bottom