• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy Maxima is getting physical release for Switch after all

Andyliini

World of Final Fantasy Maxima was released for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One about a month ago. While Xbox One got a physical release in US, Switch version was strictly eShop only. Until now, that is. There is a catch, though. Europe is not getting it, and neither are US or even Japan. The game is being released physically for Nintendo Switch only on southern Asia region. The good news is that it's region free and has EFIGS languages all on cart, including Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
Play-Asia has a preorder on it, and it's currently 41€. Estimated release date is in February 2019.

As a physical collector, this seems like a good deal, as I have the game on PS4, but really wish to play it on the go on my Switch. Hopefully the game is fully on cart, and has no addittional downloads. There is no official boxart yet, so I don't know.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I was looking to buy this the other day then noticed it was digital only. Maybe I can import this version.

Hudo

Tangentially, do we know if Crystal Chronicles Remastered will get a physical release?

Andyliini

Tangentially, do we know if Crystal Chronicles Remastered will get a physical release?

I think Square-Enix confirmed it will be digital only in NA. There was no confirmation for Europe, but if NA isn't getting it, Europe is definitely out of the question. It looks like the best bet is to keep an eye out on Asian version, they often include english language support.

Top Bottom