• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Work started on a new Mafia game, still a 'few years away'

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://mafiagame.com/news/mafia-20th-anniversary-developer-interview/

Lastly, can you tell us anything about what's next for the Mafia franchise?

Hladík:
I'm happy to confirm we've started work on an all-new Mafia project! While it's a few years away and we can't share anything more right now, we're really excited to keep working on this beloved franchise and to entertain our players with new stories.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
A new Mafia game is in development at Hangar 13

https://mafiagame.com/en-US/news/mafia-20th-anniversary-developer-interview/

FbV0EbEXwAEZP5v

Last edited:

Kikorin

Nice. Never played the third one because of the reviews and negative feedbacks, but 1 and 2 were awesome.

Especially the Nvidia physix integration made the second one memorable to me.

DaGwaphics

Nice. Never played the third one because of the reviews and negative feedbacks, but 1 and 2 were awesome.

Especially the Nvidia physix integration made the second one memorable to me.

You should give the third one a go. It's still an enjoyable game, even with the repetitiveness that creeps into the open-world style.

Denton

I wish it was the 70s Vegas singleplayer game and not the rumored Mafia 1 prequel, but hopefully it will be good regardless.

Mafia 3 is different and has a bit flawed design structure, but overall I enjoyed it a shit ton. Atmosphere and gameplay mechanics are awesome, writing is quite good too.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

That's a cool article. It's amazing to think that the original was made by a team of just 25 people. They did a hell of a job.

DaGwaphics

Mafia 3 is different and has a bit flawed design structure, but overall I enjoyed it a shit ton. Atmosphere and gameplay mechanics are awesome, writing is quite good too.

I think reviewers were a bit hard on it, IMO. I ended up spending quite a bit of time on it, finishing the main campaign and all three of the addon missions.

Top Bottom