• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap Review Thread

Skelter

Banned
As someone who never heard of this IP before, would GAF say it's worth a purchase? All I have on my Switch so far is Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Breath of the Wild.

ggx2ac

As someone who never heard of this IP before, would GAF say it's worth a purchase? All I have on my Switch so far is Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Breath of the Wild.

I'll repost one description of the game I told someone else.

Is exploration rewarding? Are there any worthy secrets to find?

ggx2ac said:
It's like a metroidvania. You explore places and even come back to places you've already been to find new things because newer transformations would allow you to get to places you couldn't before.

There are plenty of hidden doors, and hidden rooms to find which are usually off-screen.

I don't know if that's interesting for you. Some people like it, some don't because of the controls since it was being faithful to the original game.

Skelter

Banned
I'll repost one description of the game I told someone else.

I don't know if that's interesting for you. Some people like it, some don't because of the controls since it was being faithful to the original game.

Metroidvania definitely makes me more interested.

Spman2099

I'd love to pick this up, but I am still buried in great games. I think developers need to just chill and not release anything for another month or two.

JPS Kai

Mine's a day late. WCCFtech (8.2)

This is only the second Wonder Boy game I've played, but I absolutely loved V when I was growing up. Hope Lizardcube can tackle that next!

Cyanity

Banned
I want this, but after shelling out $60 for MK8D and $80 for a second set of joycons, I'm less hesitant to throw another $20 at such a short game.

Top Bottom