• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman Who Made £37,000 A Week Selling Farts Hospitalized For Trying To Fart Too Much

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Woman Who Made £37,000 A Week Selling Farts Hospitalised For Trying To Fart Too Much

A former reality star who made $200,000 (£148,000) from farting in jars has announced her retirement, after she was rushed to hospital for squeezing out one too many.

Steph Matto, 31, from Connecticut, recently found herself in A&E with symptoms of a 'heart attack' after experiencing shooting pains in her chest.
Concerned doctors performed blood tests and an electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) but later told the 90 Day Fiancé TV star that the symptoms were actually caused by excess gas from her frequent diet of beans, eggs and banana protein shakes.

Speaking about the moment she took ill, Steph said: "I thought I was having a stroke and that these were my final moments. I was overdoing it."
She began selling her farts in a jar in November last year, after receiving requests on the adult-content site Unfiltrd.

Credit: Jam Press

The unique product saw her rake in the cash at $1,000 (£740) per jar, though Steph offered a 50 percent discount during the festive period.

To keep up with demand – which saw her squeeze out up to 50 jars worth of farts a week – the self-proclaimed 'fartrepreneur' opted for a fibre-high diet, living off beans and eggs.

She later added protein shakes to the mix after discovering it made the farts smell worse.

Reliving the lead-up to the hospital visit, Steph said: "I remember within one day I had about three protein shakes and a huge bowl of black bean soup.

"I could tell that something was not right that evening when I was lying in bed and I could feel a pressure in my stomach moving upward.
"It was quite hard to breathe and every time I tried to breathe in I'd feel a pinching sensation around my heart. And that, of course, made my anxiety escalate.
"I actually called my friend and asked if they could come over to drive me to the hospital because I thought I was experiencing a heart attack.
"I ended up going to the hospital that evening. I didn't tell my doctors about the farting in the jar but I did tell them about my diet.

"It was made clear that what I was experiencing wasn't a stroke or heart attack but very intense gas pains.

"I was advised to change my diet and to take a gas suppressant medication, which has effectively ended my business."

During her two-month venture, reality star Steph worked every day to keep up with demand and says the key to smellier gas is banana protein shakes.

Steph said: "I decided to do it on a whim after people requested it a few times. As luck would have it, once I put the jars up for sale they began to sell like hotcakes.

"I honestly could not believe the demand. I think a lot of people have this fetish in secret.
"I began this venture by eating mostly protein muffins, shakes, and also hard-boiled eggs. Since then I've decided to branch out a little bit and try some new recipes to keep it exciting.

"I have been loving black bean salad, onion, ham and pepper omelettes, and I have been making a really great protein smoothie with lots of banana.

"I think that certain foods produce better smelling farts, so I usually tend to go with the smoothies as opposed to things such as cabbage and eggs."

Despite the financial success, the reception to her unique business venture has been divided.

Steph said: "I have a lot of people praising me, calling me a girl boss, telling me that I inspire them to be unashamed of who they are and what they do.

"But on the other end I have been getting a ton of negativity. I have even received death threats, people telling me I should end my life, and so on.
"I try my best to not react to these people and give them what they want, which is attention.
"In this day and age, we need to stop tearing people down for their choices.
"Especially if their choices are literally hurting no one."

G-Bus

Banned
Can we have an interview with someone who bought a jarred fart from this women.

Also curious if someone could resell the fart because she isn't making them anymore for a good profit.

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpeg

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
And I thought simps who bought bathwater from that one streamer were mentally unsound.
At least bathwater is tangible, you can drink it or wash yourself with it. What are you gonna do with bottled farts?

ManaByte

She had a fart attack.

A reality TV star who launched a gassy venture peddling her fancy flatulence to strangers Stephanie Matto, 31, blew away people on social media when she recently announced that she makes more than $50,000 a week selling her farts.

The Connecticut resident had gained international recognition after appearing on the reality show “90 Day Fiancé” and later started her own YouTube channel, wrote books and founded an X-rated subscription site called Unfiltrd.

She then really made waves with her olfactory business by capturing her emissions in jars and selling them because she “thought it’d be a hilarious publicity move that would get a lot of people’s attention.”

But after making $200,000 in sales, the influencer has announced her retirement when she passed one too many and got the wind knocked out of her, Jam Press reported.

Matto was rushed to a hospital with chest pains she feared were symptoms of a heart attack, according to the outlet.

After undergoing a battery of tests, including blood work and an EKG, Matto was told that her pain was the result of her steady diet of gas-inducing beans and eggs.

fart-in-a-jar-02.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who’re the fucking worthless simps buying her fucking farts in a fucking jar? Humanity is fucking pathetic.
When you hear about this stuff, my first thought is it's rich millionaires with too much money and they blow it on dumb things for laughs.

But then I realize it's probably broke losers buying this stuff so they can jerk off in a dark corner.

But hey, give the chick an A+ for creativity selling $1000 fart jars.

Top Bottom