• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine age rating poll

What EU pegi rating will Wolverine be?

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • 16 - T

Votes: 74 29.5%
  • 18 - M

Votes: 159 63.3%

• Total voters

reksveks

Nice simple poll for those into Logan.

I think that I am only really interested in a M rated game for a character like Logan.

So a simple thread, what rating do you want and what rating do you think that they are going to try and hit?

Included 12 but it's not going to happen.

PEGI 16
This rating is applied once the depiction of violence (or sexual activity) reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life. The use of bad language in games with a PEGI 16 rating can be more extreme, while the use of tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs can also be present.

PEGI 18
The adult classification is applied when the level of violence reaches a stage where it becomes a depiction of gross violence, apparently motiveless killing, or violence towards defenceless characters. The glamorisation of the use of illegal drugs and of the simulation of gambling, and explicit sexual activity should also fall into this age category.

Link: https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean

Last edited:
Nice simple poll for those into Logan.

I think that I am only really interested in a M rated game for a character like Logan.

So a simple thread, what rating do you want and what rating do you think that they are going to try and hit?

Included 12 but it's not going to happen.

In the tone of the Logan movie. Who is going to play Wolverine I wonder?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sony first party doing an 18 in 2023 or beyond. I’d be stunned. They need maximum return on this, I voted 12.

MrSec84

IMO it needs to be bloody, with the Claws hacking enemies up.
Has to be an 18 rating IMO.

I'd love for Insomniac to eventually do an 18 rated Deadpool game too.

Great Hair

Banned
Gimmie GORE!
shark attack GIF
Texas Horned Lizard Blood GIF

It will be a teen game….marvel games don’t have over the top blood and gore and insomniac don’t make those sort of games either

would love to see Logan like violence but I don’t think we are gonna see it

Aenima

No doubt it will be 18+/M

The teaser trailer show Wolverine sitting in a wrecked bar full of knocked out bodies, drinking alcohol and his hands full of bloody bruises. Its gonna be violent. Maybe not too gory. I expect a mature story with violent combat.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It will be a teen game….marvel games don’t have over the top blood and gore and insomniac don’t make those sort of games either

Not sure why Logan like violence is out of the question when Marvel already approved Logan like violence in the Logan movie. Are we really going to pretend video games are a bridge too far? Come on.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Insomniac has done tons of M-rated games before, Sunset Overdrive, Edge of Nowhere, the Resistance series, Feral Rites...

Sony and Insomniac are not the ones who are going to restrict the content. If anyone is, it's gonna be Marvel. But we'll see, I think the success of Spider-Man buys Insomniac a lot of creative license.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's an M... cause Wolverine is an M kinda guy LOL the blood on the knuckles is a good sign, I think. This was probably only possible because of Insomniac and their work on Spider-Man.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The fact that they're doing Wolverine at all shows how much Marvel's thinking has changed since just a few years ago, when they only wanted to promote characters that were under their umbrella in the MCU.

Ol'Scratch

I say 16. It is Insomniac and it should be fun with violence but it does not need to be a gore bloodbath. Chris Claremont not Frank Miller.

Top Bottom