• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem |OT| Diablo Who

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
1.0.4.0 known issues

Hello everyone,
Here is a list of some known critical issues we’re already working on:
  • Players can sometimes lose items in their personal chest.
  • Players can lose dyes and appearances previously unlocked.
  • Some players still can’t enter the Monolith during Fury’s Ascent quest.
  • Some Offline characters don’t appear on the character selection screen.
  • Act I Boss can sometimes become invulnerable.
  • Act III Boss can sometimes freeze.
  • Unwanted behaviors from stackable items, trading, productivity, and magic find in specific situations.
  • Players can have their quest progression locked if they join a friend who is further in the progression.
  • Players' animations can be desynchronized in Multiplayer.
  • Fixing multiple passive skill nodes issues (Attrition Strategist, Static Transferral, Safe from Afar, Intravenous Neural Cord, Eagerness, Mass evasion, High Evasion, Sparking Dart, Blessed Silver, Captured Velocity, Academic Fieldwork, Primordial Insights, Faith Leach, Plague Bringer, Virtuose Stance…).
  • Summoners need some love and they will have some.
  • Uniques can be altered.
  • Helmet and Boots can have 2 sockets at certain item levels.
  • The Block Efficiency cannot be rolled on shields after level 90.
  • Some skills (ex: Bleeding Edge, Winter’s Grasp, Bulwark of Dawn, Flight of Gaavanir…) deal much more damage than they should with some modifiers or don’t function the way they should.
  • Genesis unique item can malfunction and lead the game to freeze
  • Black screen issue
  • Crash reports.
This is a non-exhaustive list of critical issues that we’re currently working on for Patch 1.0.5.0 and Patch 1.0.6.0.
We are aware of many other issues that need fixing and we’re also working on them. If any other critical issue is raised, we'll start working on it as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.

1.0.4.0 known issues

Hello everyone,
  • Unwanted behaviors from stackable items, trading, productivity, and magic find in specific situations.
  • Players can have their quest progression locked if they join a friend who is further in the progression.
  • Fixing multiple passive skill nodes issues (Attrition Strategist, Static Transferral, Safe from Afar, Intravenous Neural Cord, Eagerness, Mass evasion, High Evasion, Sparking Dart, Blessed Silver, Captured Velocity, Academic Fieldwork, Primordial Insights, Faith Leach, Plague Bringer, Virtuose Stance…).
  • Some skills (ex: Bleeding Edge, Winter’s Grasp, Bulwark of Dawn, Flight of Gaavanir…) deal much more damage than they should with some modifiers or don’t function the way they should.
  • Black screen issue
  • Crash reports.
This is a non-exhaustive list of critical issues that we’re currently working on for Patch 1.0.5.0 and Patch 1.0.6.0.
We are aware of many other issues that need fixing and we’re also working on them. If any other critical issue is raised, we'll start working on it as soon as possible.

glad to hear that summoners are gonna get love, that’s gonna be my next hero. Sounds like some nice fixes are incoming

Last edited:

Dennisonr

Neo Member
Here are the numbers for you.

IDenyxu.jpg

bpYkRkt.jpg

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
1.0.4.0 known issues

Hello everyone,
  • Black screen issue
  • Crash reports.

"Hey guys thanks for continuing to beta test our game".
All jokes aside, sounds like they got the important ones. The hype around the game has died down a bit as the player count dropped substantially, I bet a bunch of people are waiting for fixes before they dive back in.

Spukc

"Hey guys thanks for continuing to beta test our game".
All jokes aside, sounds like they got the important ones. The hype around the game has died down a bit as the player count dropped substantially, I bet a bunch of people are waiting for fixes before they dive back in.
Yeah after getting level 61 i thought it would be a great time to wait a bit

Just finished the campaign. Made it through without dying once. There was an achievement for that after act 2 but I didn’t see anything for it pop up after beating the last boss

Excited to start endgame

wish I could say I was some badass but it’s the opposite, I’m a wimp. I was always over leveled. Went into last fight lvl 48 and I think boss was lvl 41. I just took my time, farmed areas over and over until I felt like I was melting everything. I’ve seen people say they beat it in 10 hours, I just finished it right under 35 hours total.

Closest to death was act 2 boss who downed me twice

I just went all out on toughness, spell power,Aether damage and occult damage (anomaly, annihilation main, and bulwark of Dawn main attacks, Blade storm to use rage, Aether jump for mobility)

gonna do some endgame then roll my pistol/catalyst summoner. Might do a 2H melee

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned
I don't know much about this genre, maybe someone who does can explain why would I choose this over Path of Exile or Diablo 3? I think PoE is coming out with some new expansion as well from what I've seen. Does this have different and better features or something?

Escara

Neo Member
I don't know much about this genre, maybe someone who does can explain why would I choose this over Path of Exile or Diablo 3? I think PoE is coming out with some new expansion as well from what I've seen. Does this have different and better features or something?
Wolcen is closer to D3 over PoE in terms of complexity so its much easier to get into the game and have fun without needing to worry about 20 different stats.

As for PoE, the new league is starting on the 13th of March so its a good time to try the game out. PoE being free helps alot too.

Small hotfix went live this morning

---------------

Hello everyone,

We're applying a small hotfix to resolve a few issues.

• Bulwark of Dawn: "Sacred Grounds" now only tick 2 times per second instead of 3.
  • Winter's Grasp now doesn't gain Cooldown Reduction per level.

• The Korean font has been improved for better readability.

Thank you for your support!

------------------

Damn, BoD is part of my main offensive rotation, right when I get to endgame it gets the nerf!

Those damn kids, Scooby Doo!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My entire build now revolves completely around Bladestorm. It's soooo broken once you get it leveled up enough that you can just hold the button down to keep spinning. It consumes quite a bit of rage, but I've put all the other skill runes to generating extra rage or reducing the required rage. Then I've geared my armor to all generate extra rage on hit.

I can literally walk into a new zone, activate Bladestorm (and hold down the button) and walk through the entire area killing everything almost instantly. Seriously I can keep spinning for about 3 or 4 minutes - at which point if I haven't killed everything I just hit an enemy with a regular attack twice to refill my rage to full.

Not my video, but it looks kinda like this

My entire build now revolves completely around Bladestorm. It's soooo broken once you get it leveled up enough that you can just hold the button down to keep spinning. It consumes quite a bit of rage, but I've put all the other skill runes to generating extra rage or reducing the required rage. Then I've geared my armor to all generate extra rage on hit.

I can literally walk into a new zone, activate Bladestorm (and hold down the button) and walk through the entire area killing everything almost instantly. Seriously I can keep spinning for about 3 or 4 minutes - at which point if I haven't killed everything I just hit an enemy with a regular attack twice to refill my rage to full.

Not my video, but it looks kinda like this

yeah if melts, especially with other AOE DOTs ticking along with it

Holy shit, so I just tried matchmaking for the first time, set my game to public

Random dude a few levels higher joined up and we rolled an expedition that was a little higher than my level. XP was piling up fast, loot was dropping like crazy, it was a great time

other then my FPS getting pummeled during big fights (almost in half at moments) and some network jankiness it was most fun I’ve had so far. Wish he had communicated a little but whatever

if they manage to smooth everything out with this game it’s gonna be incredible

Took me too long to realize that you just click once for revive process, he was dropped a couple times by boss

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
NO YOU CANT MR. CHEATER. Keep your infinite HP hacked hero offline, mister!

I’m totally kidding, but no you can’t, I assume because of cheaters

At least that’s what I was told, I could be wrong

that sucks. My online character got wiped somehow back when I first started the game. Now I have a level 43 semi beastly build and I don’t feel like starting from scratch.

Honestly hard for me to go back to playing solo. I haven’t played with anyone weak yet, every random dude has helped me melt through expeditions. XP gain off the charts and great loot dropping everywhere

Only downside is I feel like I can’t carefully inspect every piece of gear but I don’t want to hold the other guy up

Last edited:

GymWolf

Honestly hard for me to go back to playing solo. I haven’t played with anyone weak yet, every random dude has helped me melt through expeditions. XP gain off the charts and great loot dropping everywhere

Only downside is I feel like I can’t carefully inspect every piece of gear but I don’t want to hold the other guy up
Do you put them in ignore if they kill more enemy than you?!

Spukc

ARPG's etiquette

only do that in resting moments.

Bubba77

since the patch a few days ago my ranged bow/gun character is broken. She misses most of her shots. Even if an enemy is right in front of me many times I cant hit that enemy. Even 15-20 shots in a row. Ill have to use abilities to hit....... frustrating....

Fuz

Banned
Trying it now. Any good assassin/bruiser build? I'm going soldier/assassin/duskglaive but not really sure where to next.

Just hit lvl 70

can’t think of a game with so many flaws/holes that I enjoyed this much. Maybe Days Gone, but that was a little more polished than this.

I dropped aether jump for golem, using the dual blade assassin mod for it spec’d for damage and health (not concerned with threat generated). His AI is wonky and hopefully gets fixed (stands around doing nothing too often) but he hits hard as fuck and has decent survivability.

Then unlocked my 5th slot and went Parasite. I just find a tanky captain enemy to possess, preferably one with AOE attacks, and it’s a wrap. With my assassin golem, three of us just roll through the map. My spell /occult/Aether Damages focused build already had decent DPS with anomaly,
Bulwark, and annihilation, throw in the two companions and it’s a slaughter fest

I miss Aether jump, it’s fun and useful with the CC break mod but oh well

at 73 hours played and been fiddling with other alts more recently, nothing higher than lvl 15 other than my main tho

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Just hit lvl 70

can’t think of a game with so many flaws/holes that I enjoyed this much. Maybe Days Gone, but that’s was more polished than this.

I dropped eather jump for golem, using the dual blade assassin mod for it spec’d for damage and health (not concerned with threat generated). His AI is wonky and hopefully gets fixed (stands around doing nothing too often) but he hits hard as fuck and has decent survivability.

Then unlocked my 5th slot and went Parasite. I just find a tanky captain enemy to possess, preferably one with AOE attacks, and it’s a wrap. With my assassin golem, three of us just roll through the map. My spell /occult/Aether Damages focused build already had decent DPS with anomaly,
Bulwark, and annihilation, throw in the two companions and it’s a slaughter fest

I kiss Aether jump, it’s fun and useful with the CC break mod but oh well

at 73 hours played and been fiddling with other alts more recently, nothing higher than lvl 15 other than my main tho

Days gone is the perfect comparison. This is what Days Gone was for me last year.

Act 2 boss is annoying as fuck.

That was the closest I came to dying. Not a fight I enjoyed. Maybe it was an issue on my end but shit would happen randomly with no warning, like I would be in the clear and then just 1 HP with no indicator or attack animation. Seemed janky as fuck

ChrisB

Act 2 boss is annoying as fuck.
I actually enjoyed learning that fight, it was a bit long though.

Act 3 boss now... that's annoying.

I play mage for reference.

Has there been any news on any fixes to loot drops? I'm level 43 and I've gotten maybe 10 yellow staff drops as a mage, would have hoped loot drops would have been more rounded.

I actually enjoyed learning that fight, it was a bit long though.

Act 3 boss now... that's annoying.

I play mage for reference.

Has there been any news on any fixes to loot drops? I'm level 43 and I've gotten maybe 10 yellow staff drops as a mage, would have hoped loot drops would have been more rounded.

that sucks that you’re dealing with loot issues

In my 75 hours I haven’t had that problem. Loot drops like from a piñata especially with other players in the game. Not sure why it would be different between us. I play online only if that makes a difference? I was at least all yellow gear for most of the game

Last edited:

ChrisB

that sucks that you’re dealing with loot issues

In my 75 hours I haven’t had that problem. Loot drops like from a piñata especially with other players in the game. Not sure why it would be different between us. I play online only if that makes a difference? I was at least all yellow gear for most of the game

Possibly, I play offline only as I'm a solo player in ARPGs.

I was mix of blues and yellows until 30 then a few reds trickled in at high 30s to low 40s.

Fuz

Banned
Aaaaaand I've finally got to the "World of Warcraft toy armors". I hate that plastic toy design. Thank god this game has an excellent skin system. Wish I could remove the element effect from weapons too.

I want a Witcher H&S.

Last edited:

Spukc

• Fixed an issue causing right clicks on items in the inventory to be resolved as left clicks.
  • Fixed an issue causing a UI glitch when selling a right-hand weapon directly from equipped inventory while dual-wielding weapons.
  • Fixed an immortality exploit happening when joining a game.
  • Fixed an issue causing loot to drop at one's feet when an ally player opened a chest (the issue persists on cursed chests for the moment).
  • Fixed issues causing the staff projectiles to fail their hits on big monsters and to fail to bounce on packs of monsters.
  • Fixed an issue causing environmental projectiles to deal no damage during the Chapter III quest "The Gates of Fury".
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to revive several allies at the same time if they were close enough.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to lose gold and primordial affinity when connecting to the game.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to collide with each other after reviving from a down state.
  • Fixed an issue causing some players to have two WolcenTag, preventing them from adding friends.

Last edited:
  • Fixed an issue causing right clicks on items in the inventory to be resolved as left clicks.
  • Fixed an issue causing a UI glitch when selling a right-hand weapon directly from equipped inventory while dual-wielding weapons.
  • Fixed an immortality exploit happening when joining a game.
  • Fixed an issue causing loot to drop at one's feet when an ally player opened a chest (the issue persists on cursed chests for the moment).
  • Fixed issues causing the staff projectiles to fail their hits on big monsters and to fail to bounce on packs of monsters.
  • Fixed an issue causing environmental projectiles to deal no damage during the Chapter III quest "The Gates of Fury".
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to revive several allies at the same time if they were close enough.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to lose gold and primordial affinity when connecting to the game.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to collide with each other after reviving from a down state.
  • Fixed an issue causing some players to have two WolcenTag, preventing them from adding friends.

Damn, was hoping summon AI got tweaked a little. The dual-blade assassin golem mod stands around in the middle of battles too often

Spukc

Damn, was hoping summon AI got tweaked a little. The dual-blade assassin golem mod stands around in the middle of battles too often
21:9 is also still poop
when i try to do 16:9 resolutions.
it stretches them.

since ultrawide res is still broken.
for the moment i have to force my desktop resolution in 16:9 but that is rather dumb

Bigrx1

Banned
I was hesitant to pick this up with all the negative feedback I've seen on bugs and so forth and these types of games don't always click with me but it's fun as fuck so far. I REALLY like that I didn't have to choose and be locked to a class, that I can change up what I want at any time with the weapon and I also like that I can pick up and level up any skill in the game. It's also not completely overwhelming to me like Path of Exile build tree.

Fuz

Banned
I REALLY like that I didn't have to choose and be locked to a class
Yeah... that's what I thought too at first.
Now I stopped playing because you can't play pure assassin. There's no build that works. You have to make a mage hybrid or can't do shit in endgame.
So, yeah, enjoy the story I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom