• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem |OT| Diablo Who

GHG

Gold Member
Just beat the game, level 44 and 35 hours. Fucking loved it.

The final boss battle was much easier than the act 1 and 2 bosses but then that's probably because I knew what I was doing by then a lot better.

Infinity blades with the stasis doubling passive along with a maxed out havoc orb with a few projectile passives to keep you switching between willpower and rage fucking wrecks.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I caved and picked it up and set down path of exile. Do not regret my choice so far.

giphy.gif

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
On to endgame I go.

Some people say endgame is more satisfying than the campaign. If so then I'm in for a treat.

Just beat the game, level 44 and 35 hours. Fucking loved it.

The final boss battle was much easier than the act 1 and 2 bosses but then that's probably because I knew what I was doing by then a lot better.

Infinity blades with the stasis doubling passive along with a maxed out havoc orb with a few projectile passives to keep you switching between willpower and rage fucking wrecks.

this is probably the dumbest question ever, and I apologize in advance for that, but this build you describe, will it be easy for me to figure out once I start playing it will I be hitting you up for instructions cuz I’m an idiot?

MDSLKTR

Yea it really makes a difference, i was playing with fire balls and that shit did no dmg like 1k fireballs at 38. way to low to get stuff going. just go full wisdom with https://wolcen-universe.com/builds/pGBkQg-anomaly-ail-(mage-starter) Also has a later on guide.

And u will utterly melt stuff without problems.

Makes it a lot more easier for sure.

Also some new screenshots.

PlpKRzw.png

QTdvUT9.png

bz8hijy.png
Thank your for posting those pictures in the pc screenshots thread, it's what made me discover this game. Unfortunately I have grim Dawn lined up but it's wishlisted!

DanEON

Finally what I was waiting for, no UI mod:

I just hope I wont get banned for using it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Exentryk

I'm waiting for controller support to begin the game but i'm probably gonna do a gunslinger build.
Same. Waiting for controller support before I dive in. Hopefully they do a good job of it, i.e., movement via sticks, suitable targeting controls, updated UI, etc.

And yeah, gunslinger build sounds fun.

GHG

Gold Member
this is probably the dumbest question ever, and I apologize in advance for that, but this build you describe, will it be easy for me to figure out once I start playing it will I be hitting you up for instructions cuz I’m an idiot?

Here you go buddy, this is the exact build I beat the game with, briefly showcased in an area just before the final boss (no spoilers):

I show my skill loadout with modifiers, character stats, passive skills and gear.

The build is an absolute wrecking ball.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Game is super shallow in terms of end game. The expeditions are really boring, and the only fun is when you can mod an expedition fully + add the untained or w/e to it with the 1000 primordial affinity.

A lot of the passives in the trees don't work, a lot of abilities don't scale into end game, some of the city building stuff can brick your game (that's me! haven't been able to play since monday, gg devs).

Cast times on melee skills are awful, stop dead in your tracks to cast a shout or spin an axe, even bladestorm has a cast time before it activates.

Running expeditions to fill up a bar, only to find where the boss spawns before bar is full, then trek back 60seconds to find one or a few mobs to finish the bar off, then all the way back to the boss. Running back to kill a mob or 2 for the boss to spawn can sometimes take as long as it takes you to clear all the way to the boss.

Map offerings doing nothing and being incredibly rare.

No matchmaking for random groups, would be awful anyway, if you join a friends game who's further along than you, you can ruin your own campaign and not be able to play previous parts in it.

On a positive note, the campaign was fun, the graphics are great, and I look forward to seeing what the devs can do in the future with their spaghetti code.

Spukc

The game is so much fun and so fucking broken at the same time.

I am.going to get to end game.
And them put the game in the fridge for a good 6 months like i did with diablo 3 😊

Ichabod

Banned
With weekly hotfix rollouts, I'm optimistic the game will only get better over the coming month(s).

I sacrificed a few hours of sleep the other day to get a small taste of the full release and had a blast. Finally have a few days off starting tomorrow so I'm looking forward to no lifing the game the next few days.

Spukc

Finished the campaign at lvl 42.
Can't say i enjoyed the act bosses at all.
It requires certain control on your character i feel like the game lacks right now. And the tells are a bit hard to see at times.

I will def come back to this game in the future.

Spukc

I would not get attached to any online characters.
Is it that broken?
I have the idea that there are so many broken things.

Whatever build you make now will end up completely different in a new patch

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Is it that broken?
I have the idea that there are so many broken things.

Whatever build you make now will end up completely different in a new patch

Well, there's been exploits for every resource the game has so far. The point of keeping online characters separate from offline characters is to maintain some form of control over them: limit hacking, eliminate save game editing, etc. The exploits so far have rendered all that effort moot. After a few weeks of patching, they'll most likely have to "reset" the online economy.

Last edited:

HelpYouFall

ejfouy8x02i41.jpg

What a mess lol
Super potential obviously, but this game needs another year in the oven. They need to tear down and reconstruct core aspects. They don't even know how their own math works and are desperately plugging holes left and right, breaking other shit in the process.

Last edited:

Pricken

I don't think they had the option to keep developing it for another year, and needed an influx of money. If you look at the statistics the playerbase was pretty low prior to release (Steamcharts), which is self-explanatory with a pay-to-play title that goes up against PoE. It's clear at least to me that they needed to change something, which lead them to release it as 1.0 to drum up interest. I don't blame people for thinking this could be seen as scummy behaviour, but it was worth it when you consider the alternative imo.

One thing I've found interesting is that a lot of the content creators I've seen talk about the game don't seem to hate it even if you'd expect a buggy mess to be met with more negative blowback (the reddit sub has been very interesting to read let me just leave it at that), but they and a lot of other players clearly see the value and potential of Wolcen. Currently it's not a game that you can dedicate your entire gaming time too (unless you only game 1-2 hours daily of course) and it's probably wise not to get too attached to your character and items, unfortunately. For people like me though who feel like I'm in limbo where I can't really love either D3 or PoE, I have hopes that Wolcen can eventually land somewhere in between casual and hardcore and scratch that itch that only D2 and recently Grim Dawn have been able to for me.

GHG

Gold Member
Well the havoc orb modifiers suddenly don't work in endgame, others reporting the same thing on reddit.

Time to respec or put the game on ice until they fix it. I'm very much leaning towards the latter TBH. Great shame.

mr.dilya

Banned
Can you add gem slots to weapons/armor that dont have slots by default, or only remove them from stuff that already has gems?

Spukc

Have they added controller support yet? Its vital for me.
no most likely more then half a year / year away.
esp now looking at the metric fuck ton of shit they need to patch

Well the havoc orb modifiers suddenly don't work in endgame, others reporting the same thing on reddit.

Time to respec or put the game on ice until they fix it. I'm very much leaning towards the latter TBH. Great shame.

i have this one skill that it gives me some kinda of combo meter with each hit i do. that dial never goes up when i Wirlwind.
or barely pretty sure that one is broken too. wasted 8 levels on that crap. Too broke to respec atm.
Cause i tried another build.

this game desperately needs some kind of test build.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Can you add gem slots to weapons/armor that dont have slots by default, or only remove them from stuff that already has gems?

You can reroll slots on any item for gold. Though initial state affect chance. So if you have no slots getting 3 slots will be harder than getting 1 slot.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
You can reroll slots on any item for gold. Though initial state affect chance. So if you have no slots getting 3 slots will be harder than getting 1 slot.

I don't think you can do rerolls on items that don't have gem slots to begin with.

Hotspurr

Banned
For those of you in the endgame, what is it like? Are there new bosses and enemy types, or new locations? Any new skills? I guess what is new on the endgame.

Spukc

Doing some endgame missions. When i see a certain enemy pop up i just restart the game.
Some enemies are pure bullshit. Give shit loot and are not worth the time.

Nothing but fucking HP sponges that fucking one shot me on random times.
When all i do is make sure my elemental def is good .

Now i suddenly went to another map loot is suddenly max lvl 40 i am 56 and i put the difficulty on max. Nothing makes sense...

Omg this game is so broken 🤣

Last edited:

Escara

Neo Member
Doing some endgame missions. When i see a certain enemy pop up i just restart the game.
Some enemies are pure bullshit. Give shit loot and are not worth the time.

Nothing but fucking HP sponges that fucking one shot me on random times.
When all i do is make sure my elemental def is good .

Now i suddenly went to another map loot is suddenly max lvl 40 i am 56 and i put the difficulty on max. Nothing makes sense...

Omg this game is so broken 🤣
I just use the huge apocalyptic form on the annoying elite mobs. The dawn form wrecks anything with its two AoEs.

As for the lvl 40 thing you're probably doing expeditions instead of the normal rifts.
To unlock higher level expeditions you need to do them all the way, which means going through the red portal instead of the blue, twice.

Dontero

Banned
How so? The one time I tried to do this is said you cannot reroll items without any gem slots.

You read it wrong as me. You put item into first tab where you take out gems from items and you got that message. And it was not about rerolls but taking out gems.

Reroll is second tab.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
You read it wrong as me. You put item into first tab where you take out gems from items and you got that message. And it was not about rerolls but taking out gems.

Reroll is second tab.

Hmm... I'll try again when I next play then.

mr.dilya

Banned
My online character got wiped and I've been playing offline. Can you take your offline character online? I don't see the option in the starting screen, it's only when I switch to offline that my character pops up.

Lanrutcon

My online character got wiped and I've been playing offline. Can you take your offline character online? I don't see the option in the starting screen, it's only when I switch to offline that my character pops up.

Negatory. The two are kept apart to try and stop cheating. It's the D2 approach.

Pupo

The servers are working fine now? I tried to play with my gf a couple days ago but didn't work.

Hadn't really heard much about this but decided to pick it up yesterday. Restarted characters a few times just to play around with different starts and skills and such but finally settled on a 2h melee build and am absolutely loving it. A few bugs here and there and about 3 tries on that boss between Act 1 and Act 2 are about the only hiccups i've had. Also loving the fact that the very first unique i found was actually useful.
p4iPVY0.jpg

Hotspurr

Banned
Act III boss is pretty buggy, this is maybe the first time I came across severe bugs:
- sometimes he will freeze randomly
- sometimes he will freeze in a way that cannot be killed and have to exit
- one time he disappeared completely haha...

I feel the only way to get past it is to go upgrade my character some more and kill this guy before he has a chance to bug out :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom