• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem |OT| Diablo Who

Irobot82

For steampad?

I'm a lazy mofo, how is that work? What i have to do to see and choose a profile for this game?

Thanks in advance.

In big picture mode, go to the game, then Manage Game, then select Controller Configuration. Then select Browse Configs. You can select the one you want to try out.

In non big picture mode, go to the game and on the far right there is a gear. Select that, then select manage and controller configuration.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Even though i have a couple of Xpadder profiles i use for games that dont have controller support, i think i'll wait for the devs to add it themselves. I get the sense this is one of those games that has like 50 different keys doing stuff, i hate trying to map those lol.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm off work today and tomorrow, so I caved and bought this.
giphy.gif

Spukc

PSA: Uninstall and Re-download the Game (No Pre-load)
in case some of you didn't read the announcement and keep asking preload preload...

"We highly recommend to uninstall the game completely before downloading the release version of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem in order to avoid conflicts between files. The amount of data downloaded will be the same so you might want to prefer a clean install.

There is unfortunately no pre-load before the launch."

~from the devs on their official discord~

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Push the stupid button already, would it be that big a deal if they launched it say, USA morning-esque hours, so that the rest of the world gets to play before nightfall/the next day :(

Last edited:

GymWolf

In big picture mode, go to the game, then Manage Game, then select Controller Configuration. Then select Browse Configs. You can select the one you want to try out.

In non big picture mode, go to the game and on the far right there is a gear. Select that, then select manage and controller configuration.
Have you tried any of these? Do they work well?

Spukc

Have you tried any of these? Do they work well?
i tried many profiles in arpg's it is a bit of a hit and miss.

it really depends on what class and skills you use.

if does work but you will need to get used to it

Last edited:

GymWolf

Even though i have a couple of Xpadder profiles i use for games that dont have controller support, i think i'll wait for the devs to add it themselves. I get the sense this is one of those games that has like 50 different keys doing stuff, i hate trying to map those lol.
You can try the steampad where there is already some profile for the game, i am the same asyou and too lazy to remap a controller from zero.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Some dude on steam forums says it's out and 23something GB. True or false, since it's still labelled early access on Steam page? Is it updating for people who owned it?
Screw it, seems confirmed. Dling. Confirmed the file size at least (to install, 16GB dl), hopefully it won't do something like download it and then also redownload to udpate it when I'm done, lol.

Last edited:
Some dude on steam forums says it's out and 23something GB. True or false, since it's still labelled early access on Steam page? Is it updating for people who owned it already?
Screw it, seems confirmed. Dling. Confirmed the file size at least (to install, 16GB dl), hopefully it won't do something like download it and then also redownload to udpate it when I'm done, lol.

Looks like it!

giphy.gif

Nixonomics

Picked it up last night. Enjoyed the hour or two I spent with it. Feels like the gameplay sits comfortably between the more modern fast paced action of Diablo 3 and the more purist classic approach of Path of Exile. It obviously draws a lot of inspiration from both. Really appreciate the free dash you get when you initiate combat. Makes the gameplay feel more quick in those boring early levels when you don't have access to many skills.

Really hoping there's a hardcore mode that will be implemented today or in the near future. I googled it and it seemed to be the consensus that they're adding it - but only when they feel the game balance is where they want it. Hoping that means at v1.0. Don't see myself sticking with any AARPG longterm if there isn't a hardcore mode.

Spukc

Picked it up last night. Enjoyed the hour or two I spent with it. Feels like the gameplay sits comfortably between the more modern fast paced action of Diablo 3 and the more purist classic approach of Path of Exile. It obviously draws a lot of inspiration from both. Really appreciate the free dash you get when you initiate combat. Makes the gameplay feel more quick in those boring early levels when you don't have access to many skills.

Really hoping there's a hardcore mode that will be implemented today or in the near future. I googled it and it seemed to be the consensus that they're adding it - but only when they feel the game balance is where they want it. Hoping that means at v1.0. Don't see myself sticking with any AARPG longterm if there isn't a hardcore mode.
Delete your save if you die.
And burn your pc.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

On launch I'm getting "there is an update available please restart the game to get the update" or I can play offline. But I just installed the latest version?

waylo

Banned
Can't connect to authentication servers at all. Is there a downside to playing offline?

Last edited:

ultrazilla

I'm about an hour or so in. Playing in offline mode from the start and no problems at all. Runs buttery smooth and using mouse and keyboard is *NOT* hard at all.
Everything about the game is AAA quality. The voice acting, lore/story, graphics, abilities, play control...it's gonna keep me busy for a long time!

Gonna try to capture some screenshots later and post them as the game(customized Cryengine) is beautiful!

Kenpachii

Thinking about buying it.

Anybody knows some good mage builds and how does this game compare towards path of exile?

Also what does the online mean in this game?

Game seems to sell for 35 bucks exactly the price i like so will get it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom