• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wizards of the Coast to retire 7 Magic The Gathering cards because of racism

triplejjj

Neo Member
I got banned over at resetera for saying that if the "black" and "white" colors are problematic, they should rename them in the game to light and shadow. "concern trolling", lol.

Was that recently? Because they are fiending over those terms now.

triplejjj

Neo Member
Yes, just yesterday. I know that they are extremists, but this buffoonery is something else.

Yep, it's why I'm not there anymore. It's hive mind and hypocrisy there.

Gifmaker Gifmaker I just saw the post. That is heinous. What you said was also repeated MULTIPLE times in that thread. You literally didn't say anything marginally offensive. What the ever living...

Last edited:

H4ze

That's so stupid xD I love Magic, but this is just pathetic... WotC are getting more stupid every day I swear.

I just remembered, WotC is owned by Hasbro who are in bed with Disney (for licensing reasons when making toys).

I wonder if that's the reason for the push?

Last edited:

Gp1

I have a bunch of old 4th edition cards stashed somewhere here or at my parents house. And pretty sure i have at least 2-3 crusades (uncommon) and a lot of those gypsies (pretty common card).

Yeah, racism is unacceptable. Obviously. But censorship and editing history are not? O tempora, o mores!

In a world where people have been doing this for years,

Warner Brothers now issue a warning at the beginning of old Looney Toons episodes.

...there's no excuse for getting things this wrong. Damn right you bloody need to be better!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Vito did a deep dive and tried to find out how “stone throwers” is a racist term.

The only source he could find was an Urban Dictionary entry, for which he sent in an alternate definition for and it was accepted.

Top Bottom