• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the Switch Pro probably having 4K support, should I finally get a 4K TV?

4K TV

• Yes

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • No, 3D better

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

Zannegan

It's pretty hard NOT to buy a 4K TV at this point. Even the $500 models at electronics stores are 4K. If you aren't dying for an upgrade, you can always wait and see how coming technologies (like MicroLED) drive prices down for the current top-end TV technologies (OLED or MiniLED).

I do wonder when screens will get high res enough and bright enough to make going for both 3D and picture an option again. Possibly never. I'd love to see the return of LG's "theater 3D" that uses ordinary polarized lenses to the mainstream.

You have to wonder if the content would even be there though. I can't remember the last movie I saw advertized for its 3D. TV makers will try anything to get people to upgrade though, so we'll see. Or maybe Avatar will bring it back. XD

buenoblue

Had to check the date on this thread lol. What a different life you have. Yeah get a new tv dude. If your budget is low you can get a Hisense 55 inch 4k for like £300 and they are pretty decent my brother has one.

I've had 5 4k tvs since 2014 lol.

buenoblue

For games 4k makes a big difference. Movies are excellent too.

Treat yourself to an LG OLED and you will notice the difference big guy.

Ain't anybody with a 2012 blaupunkt tv upgrading to an oled lol. Seriously get a new tv dude for your self respect not the switch.

Rickyiez

Good luck if you think there's a Switch Pro .

Buying a 4k TV has alot of benefits though , 4k or not any 55" screen or above is a massive upgrade over your current one

Top Bottom