• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the announcement of the Switch OLED, when are we getting a Switch Pro?

Ulysses 31

0547144697687aa808f78d2e6ef50fba.jpg

Zannegan

If there is a chip shortage then Shouldn't be a shortage even on older chip?
I think it would matter which process node you are manufacturing at. An older process would not be as in demand as the bleeding edge stuff, at least according to my next-to-nonexistant understanding.

Anyone with actual knowledge want to field this one?

tkscz

If there is a chip shortage then Shouldn't be a shortage even on older chip?
Explaining the chip shortage is weird. It's not that the resources to make them isn't there, more there isn't enough people in the factories to make them due to COVID.

Most likely because of the age of the Maxwell chips, they were made before the factory shut down and are just being delivered at this point.

As for Switch Pro, there is no Switch Pro. Like I said in the thread rumoring it's hardware, that would be more akin to a Switch successor, not an upgraded variant. If a Orin or Lovelace based Switch is on the horizon, it'll be a successor and not a pro. The OLED is the closest you're getting to a Pro.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe just maybe next time wait for official confirmation before you people going full hype mode...hmmm?

If Nintendo can get away with it, maybe 2025. It still wont be 2160p, maybe 1080-1440p if you are lucky and cost $399 at launch. Because Nintendo

The Skull

I imagine the OLED model will eventually replace the existing hybrid model for a good year or two, then probabaly the next switch, not a pro version.

-Minsc-

2023 Switch U

2023 is sounding like a great time for me to pick up a Switch for cheap.

Last edited:

nordique

I think it’s obvious now they’ll just go to a switch 2 at some point instead of this mythical pro

the oled is the “pro”

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Switch OLED = Switch Pro

You got it. They announced it. It's here. This is it.

I don't want a Switch Pro, I want a Switch 2 that is fully BC with all Switch games.

Frankly I don't want Nintendo to change a damned thing. Just keep on bringing out hardware revisions every 5-7 years that are all BC at around $300ish. They struck gold with the Switch, keep on going with the idea of everybody's 2nd console.

Top Bottom