• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Sony exclusives going to PC, PS+ should be abolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturno999

It is as simple as this... if Sony are going to put exclusives on Steam and Epic store, they should be willing to treat their console gamers with the same respect as a PC gamer.

Online gaming should be free, the income from PC should be plenty to compensate them for the lost revenue given the enthusiasm they have for that platform now.

I also think they should go a step further and promise to match or beat Steam sales or let Steam on to PlayStation as a secondary store.

I would invite anyone on PlayStation 4 or 5 to cancel or set their subscription to 'do not automatically renew' to show Sony that if they want to be like a PC publisher, they can be in more ways than one.
I get what you are saying. Current Sony lost respect to its fanbase and some refuse to see it and the media never question them.

Honestly, just break the shackles and build a PC.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Worst argument here. Why would I pay $70-$60 for something I can play later when I already have a large Steam Library to finish. Let alone free games being given out like crazy on PC? Usually they become free or are handed out within the 3 year mark. Lol, imagine missing out on genres like RTS's that will never see the light of day on console or even superior 8K emulation.
You would pay $60-$70 for something to play it now because you're not a loser and you have an actual job and don't have to wait for freebies and discounts in order to enjoy your hobby alongside the rest of the planet. It's called being an adult with a job. Try it, you'll really enjoy it.

Shmunter

Would be nice for a mass push. But it need the backing of millions of voices and media. Not so easy despite the horizon backflip and Phil recent stealth gold hike rollbacks.

But yeah, sure what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Pc will play uncharted 4 mp free, why not ps?

Last edited:

oagboghi2

It is as simple as this... if Sony are going to put exclusives on Steam and Epic store, they should be willing to treat their console gamers with the same respect as a PC gamer.

Online gaming should be free, the income from PC should be plenty to compensate them for the lost revenue given the enthusiasm they have for that platform now.

I also think they should go a step further and promise to match or beat Steam sales or let Steam on to PlayStation as a secondary store.

I would invite anyone on PlayStation 4 or 5 to cancel or set their subscription to 'do not automatically renew' to show Sony that if they want to be like a PC publisher, they can be in more ways than one.
What is wrong with you, seriously? Why do you care that some people can play a playstation game on PC 24 months later?

Yoboman

They need to get their shit together, make PS a legitimate PC launcher interface and enable cross buy for people who own the game already

Right now they are just thinking of the couple million extra sales they can scoop up instead of the larger picture of building a real business on PC if that's what they want

Javthusiast

Banned
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Fahdis

You would pay $60-$70 for something to play it now because you're not a loser and you have an actual job and don't have to wait for freebies and discounts in order to enjoy your hobby alongside the rest of the planet. It's called being an adult with a job. Try it, you'll really enjoy it.

Lmao, so those people who work on minimum wage are losers and the day you don't play the game automatically puts you into the pleb pile? But if you don't have a job, you look down at people?

Dumbest opinion I've ever had the displeasure to literally read from. So where did you come to the conclusion that I don't have a job or have my own business?

Please I'd like to hear more of your narcissistic statements and your grandiose ideas about how gamers should buy their games. Humor me. You have no self control, so I can't help you with your entitled disposition.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

Lmao, so those people who work on minimum wage are losers and the day you don't play the game automatically puts you into the pleb pile? But if you don't have a job, you look down at people?

Dumbest opinion I've ever had the displeasure to literally read from. So where did you come to the conclusion that I don't have a job or have my own business?

Please I'd like to hear more of your narcissistic statements and your grandiose ideas about how gamers should buy their games. Humor me. You have no self control, so I can't help you with your entitled disposition.
I don't care what you do, what you own, what you have, or what you are. I'm responding to your retarded gloating about playing games on a five year delay to save a few bucks.

How about this, since you're engaging in some pearl clutching on behalf of the working class. You're absolutely right. If you are unemployed, missing a leg, blinded by acid, locked in an insane asylum, you should absolutely play everything on a 5 year delay to make sure that you don't endure the indignity of paying full price for anything.

But, at the same time, I'm going to laugh at you if you're doing that for no other reason than you're a patientgamers cheapskate.

I get it. You're offended by that opinion. It's the dumbest opinion you've ever heard, you can't believe what you're hearing, how dare I assume things about you, etc.

I don't care. I'm going to continue laughing at you. Suggesting that there's some amazing virtue in enjoying your hobby on a time delay so that you save a few bucks is hilarious cheapness. You don't like that I'm laughing?

Hop Off Leave Me Alone GIF by The Walking Dead

Kenpachii

Lol dude.

U accepted and was proud to accept the online fee in the PS4 stage. And now u made your own bed. They will up the price more likely then make it free. If they earn 60 bucks every 1 year from PSN and have 90m on that shit that's billions of income they are generating, probably fund there entire first party team from it and advertising. It aint going anywhere.

Same way as you guys are overly happy paying 80 euro's for games. Have fun you made your bed while on PC people will buy the key for half the price.

Now u realize how dumb you where with supporting these policy's. U only got yourself to blame for it. And canceling your sub now is pointless they will not ever remove that revenue stream.

PC gamers will play uncharted ( if it has multiplayer ) for 40 euro's and for free online any day of the week. While u can pay double the price and pay 60 bucks a year or whatever it costs to be able to do so. hf.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Lol dude.

U accepted and was proud to accept the online fee in the PS4 stage. And now u made your own bed. They will up the price more likely then make it free. If they earn 60 bucks every 1 year from PSN and have 90m on that shit that's billions of income they are generating, probably fund there entire first party team from it and advertising. It aint going anywhere.

Same way as you guys are overly happy paying 80 euro's for games. Have fun you made your bed while on PC people will buy the key for half the price.

Now u realize how dumb you where with supporting these policy's. U only got yourself to blame for it. And canceling your sub now is pointless they will not ever remove that revenue stream.

I actually had + before it became mandatory, back on PS3 cause it was pretty good.... the free games were consistently great.

You make a lot of assumptions and then say I was 'dumb'. You simply didn't have the facts to make that call.

Actions are never pointless. Being a man of principal is important... no matter the outcome.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I mean, PS Plus should have stayed as it was originally. An optional game subscription service. Online should be free. Sony had the winning formula but then thought ‘fuck it we can just be bastards like Microsoft’. The ship has sailed mate.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I actually had + before it became mandatory, back on PS3 cause it was pretty good.... the free games were consistently great.

You make a lot of assumptions and then say I was 'dumb'. You simply didn't have the facts to make that call.

Actions are never pointless. Being a man of principal is important... no matter the outcome.
Oh man Plus in the PS3 days was different gravy. Uncharted 3, Little Big Planet 2, InFamous 2. Sony were giving away banger after banger every single month.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol dude.

That's true.

Not sure why the typical console gamer (Xbox, PS and even now Nintendo) are a-ok with online fees. As a console gamer I pay it because I dnt really care about $60/yr (especially when I can link it to $1 GP), but even before when it was straight up yearly fees I'd pay. Probably because Im not an online PC gamer so I'm stuck with their ecosystem policies. Last time I played PC online was Unreal Tournament around 2002 on a Pentium.

But I'm also not one to rag on PC gamers for buying expensive chips. Looking back I've been doing Xbox Gold since 2007 when COD4 came out. So I've been doing it for 14 years x $60 cdn (on average) = around $840 I've spent on online fees. Add tax and it's almost $1000. I had got some cheapy deals here and there over the years.... so maybe $850-900 all in.

Online console fees are one those things console makers promoted as survival mode revenue. Without it, the online service crumbles. So gamers agreed and ponied up. Probably half of Xbox and PS gamers have Gold or PS+.

Now that they are raking in the money from digital cuts and mtx, you'd think the profits would be so juicy they could ditch online fees, but nope. They are still around.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Oh man Plus in the PS3 days was different gravy. Uncharted 3, Little Big Planet 2, InFamous 2. Sony were giving away banger after banger every single month.

PS3 was actually great, PlayStation were doing everything they could. Messaging was on point too with Kevin Butler etc.

PS+ was an excellent deal at the time. Felt a bit wrong you were getting so much at times.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Abolish, no.

Defund yes. #DefundThePoliceStation

Would be nice for a mass push. But it need the backing of millions of voices and media. Not so easy despite the horizon backflip and Phil recent stealth gold hike rollbacks.

But yeah, sure what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Pc will play uncharted 4 mp free, why not ps?

Because there are like 44 million PS+ yearly subscribers. That's $2.8 billion in revenue. Literally free money since PS+ or XBL money doesnt go towards paying for mp servers since third parties pay for that themselves. There is no way anyone will ever make Gold or PS+ optional again. Their shareholders will not allow it.

I like Bryank but this aint it. If anything, Sony is giving us a way out of PS+. If we switch to PC, we wont ever have to pay PS+. More options are a good thing. We just need to quit the PS ecosystem.

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't end.
It's been fantastic for me with all the interesting games I've played that I probably wouldn't have even considered buying. That and the Plus saving have been fantastic been spot on for me.

Fahdis

I don't care what you do, what you own, what you have, or what you are. I'm responding to your retarded gloating about playing games on a five year delay to save a few bucks.

How about this, since you're engaging in some pearl clutching on behalf of the working class. You're absolutely right. If you are unemployed, missing a leg, blinded by acid, locked in an insane asylum, you should absolutely play everything on a 5 year delay to make sure that you don't endure the indignity of paying full price for anything.

But, at the same time, I'm going to laugh at you if you're doing that for no other reason than you're a patientgamers cheapskate.

I get it. You're offended by that opinion. It's the dumbest opinion you've ever heard, you can't believe what you're hearing, how dare I assume things about you, etc.

I don't care. I'm going to continue laughing at you. Suggesting that there's some amazing virtue in enjoying your hobby on a time delay so that you save a few bucks is hilarious cheapness. You don't like that I'm laughing?

Hop Off Leave Me Alone GIF by The Walking Dead

Lmao, your reactions tell me how low on a cereberal level you really are. "I don't give a shit" while pandering the "patientgamers cheapskate" moronic diatribe about how you look down at others let alone playing a vidya. Please carry on with your prophetic sermon.

I'm not offended at all by the way, I was just dumbfounded at you first replying to my post with a moronic conviction about "working class plebs" then decide to make assumptions about my socio-economic status.

Fact: You quoted my post first.
Fact: You couldn't take the fact that someone can wait patiently
Fact: You cared enough, awwww.
Fact: You thought you insulted me by assuming shit about me
Fact: You're selective about what I said and distorting it to fit your own narrative
Fact: Your opinion is still reaching delinquency

You're functionally too much of a clown, impulsive and believe everyone gives a shit about your opinion. The last person who gave a shit was yourself while proceeding to shit on yourself with the hypocritical banter. You're functionally dismantling yourself so I'm the one left laughing at you 😂. Hahaha, heavy emphasis on "I don't care" when he actually does.

LWquD1j.gif

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

Lmao, your reactions tell me how low on a cereberal level you really are. "I don't give a shit" while pandering the "patientgamers cheapskate" moronic diatribe about how you look down at others let alone playing a vidya. Please carry on with your prophetic sermon.

I'm not offended at all by the way, I was just dumbfounded at you first replying to my post with a moronic conviction about "working class plebs" then decide to make assumptions about my socio-economic status.

Fact: You quoted my post first.
Fact: You couldn't take the fact that someone can wait patiently
Fact: You cared enough, awwww.
Fact: You thought you insulted me by assuming shit about me
Fact: You're selective about what I said and distorting it to fit your own narrative
Fact: Your opinion is still stupid as fuck

You're functionally too much of a clown, impulsive and believe everyone gives a shit about your opinion. The last person who gave a shit was yourself while proceeding to shit on yourself with the hypocritical banter. You're functionally dismantling yourself so I'm the one left laughing at you 😂. Hahaha heavy emphasis on "I don't care" when he actually does.

LWquD1j.gif
Would you like me to prove how much I don't care?

In order to demonstrate to you just how much you are thinking about this, and just how little I am interested in continuing this ridiculous argument with you, I'm going to ignore everything you just said and instead respond with the first GIF I find when I write 'cheapskate' into the search box. Enjoy.

donald trump price GIF by Election 2016

Fahdis

Would you like me to prove how much I don't care?

In order to demonstrate to you just how much you are thinking about this, and just how little I am interested in continuing this ridiculous argument with you, I'm going to ignore everything you just said and instead respond with the first GIF I find when I write 'cheapskate' into the search box. Enjoy.

donald trump price GIF by Election 2016

Glad we both agree you came down the lower end of the stick because you don't have the rationale or the intelligence lmao. Bravo! Cheers mate!

Optimus Lime

Glad we both agree you came down the lower end of the stick because you don't have the rationale or the intelligence lmao. Bravo! Cheers mate!
Here's the second GIF that appears when I type 'cheapskate' into the search box. It's got nothing to do with 'rationale or intelligence' and everything to do with you being a tool.

Here, this is you:

cheap natalie tran GIF

Optimus Lime

747806.jpg

Boring. Too delinquent and ignorant. And still cares 🤣.
Here's the third GIF that appears when I type 'cheapskate' into the search box. We can keep doing this all day, or we can take it to private message and stop shitting up the thread with bullshit. The choice is yours.

Enjoy!

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Fahdis

Here's the third GIF that appears when I type 'cheapskate' into the search box. We can keep doing this all day, or we can take it to private message and stop shitting up the thread with bullshit. The choice is yours.

Enjoy!

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I don't talk to delinquents. Have fun fighting with yourself 😇. Bye Felicia.

Guilty_AI

All adulting has done to me is make me unable to play games right when they release.

It has also made me realize that there are games for $20 that came out 3 years ago, or old classics for $5 that i haven't played yet that i find far more enjoyable than whetever is being hyped by billionaire gaming company number Y at the moment.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

All adulting has done to me is make me unable to play games right when they release.

It has also made me realize that there are games for $20 that came out 3 years ago, or old classics for $5 that i haven't played yet that i find far more enjoyable than whetever is being hyped by billionaire gaming company number Y at the moment.
I have no idea what you're attempting to argue here.

Sybrix

Same for me, still to complete LOU2 and GOW

Guilty_AI

I have no idea what you're attempting to argue here.
its not like people who play games 5 years after release do so while biting on their nails wanting to get their hands on a copy, but still refusing to pay before it drops $5 more.
They just don't care enough about it that they need to play it as soon as it comes out. There's older stuff i'm still playing or will play next that still interests me far more than whatever big release is coming out right now.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The aim is to grow THEIR ecosystem... not PC. They are helping a competing platform by putting games on steam and epic.

If they want to expand, they can make a handheld. they already have a cloud option.

If they really really want to do PC.... they need their own launcher that uses PS+, to make things equal between their customers.

PC gamers are not paying to use their own internet. Just ask MS. That’s a console exclusive feature.

pratyush

2 older games went to PC ( both of them which was free for PlayStation players) and 2 more are going that means they should close their money making machine

Optimus Lime

its not like people who play games 5 years after release do so while biting on their nails wanting to get their hands on a copy, but still refusing to pay before it drops $5 more.
Oh, that's not true. Have you been to /r/patientgamers lately?

Optimus Lime

Not for a few years. But i highly doubt they are a good representation of the population.
They're certainly a good representation of A population. I think that people who don't spend their lives arguing with morons on internet forums don't think too deeply about this stuff and just grab games when they feel like it. Sometimes day 1, sometimes day 700. The entire patientgamers mentality is the kind of thing that can only emerge when clusters of nerds with too much free time start having bright ideas.

LMJ

Bryank75 Bryank75 do you lose sleep over this shit at night?

Every thread I see you comment on regarding this topic you act like Sony has personally kicked your puppy with this move...

This was going to happen eventually, the line between console and PC is thinning each gen and porting these games is becoming so much easier and you lose nothing in the process... Layden started this and Satan himself (or how I imagine you view Ryan lol) is simply continuing the move...

I mean you do know that MS, Sony and Nintendo (albeit to a significantly lesser extent) watch each other and play off of each others ideas, Sony payed close attention to MS and their PC/Box exclusive strategy

I guarantee Playstation is looking at Gamepass very carefully and MS is watching the Dualsense just as closely. Just like Sony did with trophies and MS (and Nintendo FYI) with the share button.

More people playing Playstation games HELPS Sony studios...doesn't hurt them (and yes my opinion was the same with MS)

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I honestly couldn't tell if this thread was serious or not, then I read on and yup. Anyways, what a dumb idea / demand.

ManaByte

This was going to happen eventually, the line between console and PC is thinning each gen and porting these games is becoming so much easier and you lose nothing in the process...

With the consoles being x86 based with AMD CPUs and GPUs, it's basically like selecting "Save as" on the devkit to spit out a PC version. Really doesn't take much more work at all. Hell, third parties likely develop on the PC as a base and just use an include in the code to make the PS5/Xbox versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom