• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Sony exclusives going to PC, PS+ should be abolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Banned
In a good way?

LOL! Nah. In a bad way.

Naaa entitlement is buying a PC and expecting to get all games from all platforms.

I bought a switch for their games, I bought a PS for their games. Anything I want to play, I pay my way...nothing entitled about me.

Nah man it doesn't go like that. You bought a PS4 to play PS4 games on it. But that doesn't mean you get to block those same games from being on PC 3 years later.

Bryank75

Banned
LOL! Nah. In a bad way.

Nah man it doesn't go like that. You bought a PS4 to play PS4 games on it. But that doesn't mean you get to block those same games from being on PC 3 years later.

I think integrity has value.... if a game is marketed as exclusive, it should stay that way, especially when it is first party and funded with PlayStation customers money.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

I think they should remaster games like Folklore, Reistance1-3, Motorstorm, Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer, Fat Princess, GOW collection, Sly Collection, and many more.

Release them on PS5/PC to limit/increase financial opportunity/risk. If the reward isnt there maybe Nintendo switch & Xbox too. The duds just release them on PS+.

I guess the issue would be Playstation users might expect upgrades for free. And even a 10$ upgrade might not be enough incentive to create a PS3 -> PS5/PC program.

Basically I disagree with the OP entirely.

Bryank75

Banned
I think they should remaster games like Folklore, Reistance1-3, Motorstorm, Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer, Fat Princess, GOW collection, Sly Collection, and many more.

Release them on PS5/PC to limit/increase financial opportunity/risk. If the reward isnt there maybe Nintendo switch & Xbox too. The duds just release them on PS+.

I guess the issue would be Playstation users might expect upgrades for free. And even a 10$ upgrade might not be enough incentive to create a PS3 -> PS5/PC program.

Basically I disagree with the OP entirely.

Nixxes should be used to port all those PS3 games and other PS1 and 2 games to PS5.... I don't care if we have to buy again as long as they are adding value to the PS ecosystem.

junguler

Banned
i agree with you but there is no incentive or real push-back to force them to do it, the only reason they didn't force ps+ for online play in ps3 was because they were way behind and had to make a good value proposition and it really was that, i'm thankful for ps3 era ps+ because it forced xbox to also give games to people for their subs but the worse part stayed and people went along with it with very little outcry. so you are forced to keep subbing unfortunately or loose the basic features that have been free for pc user forever.

Bryank75

Banned
i agree with you but there is no incentive or real push-back to force them to do it, the only reason they didn't force ps+ for online play in ps3 was because they were way behind and had to make a good value proposition and it really was that, i'm thankful for ps3 era ps+ because it forced xbox to also give games to people for their subs but the worse part stayed and people went along with it with very little outcry. so you are forced to keep subbing unfortunately or loose the basic features that have been free for pc user forever.
Well, they are bleeding PS+ customers recently. I think now is the time to put pressure on them if you can. To give some pushback.

Particularly coming up to their quarterly report, it would be great

Last edited:

Tomeru

I care and value each and every exclusive that are the foundation of PlayStations identity.

The point is the devaluation of these games, making them easily accessible makes them lesser. People want what is exclusive. Simple psychology.
You are 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!

It used to be that if we wanted to play a playstation exclusive we had to take a special test (depending on the type of game it was either written or practical). We also needed to pay 1000000$ a month(!!!!) To a secret sony vip organization AND had to have a liscense for every known vehicle/aircraft (sometimes even secret ones!!!).

But now it on pc? Its too easy to access exclusives now. Unacceptable.

Bryank75

Banned
You are 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!

It used to be that if we wanted to play a playstation exclusive we had to take a special test (depending on the type of game it was either written or practical). We also needed to pay 1000000$ a month(!!!!) To a secret sony vip organization AND had to have a liscense for every known vehicle/aircraft (sometimes even secret ones!!!).

But now it on pc? Its too easy to access exclusives now. Unacceptable.

Oh, you remember that too?

You're OG, man!

mckmas8808

Banned
I think integrity has value.... if a game is marketed as exclusive, it should stay that way, especially when it is first party and funded with PlayStation customers money.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

It's a "console" exclusive though. And it's possible it wouldn't have existed if the PC income wasn't going to counted on.

Vol5

therearedozensofus.gif

I get where your coming from but I suspect Sony have data to suggest that putting these older games on PC is of benefit. I doubt it's strictly profit based either....perhaps PC players are moving to PS after playing the ports?

Abolishing PS+ is a bit drastic tbh. If GT7 or GoW2 go PC in the next 12 months we can talk.

Bryank75

Banned
It's a "console" exclusive though. And it's possible it wouldn't have existed if the PC income wasn't going to counted on.

No, it was advertised as 'Only on PlayStation', that was printed on every box for years. Every previous game never appeared on another platform.

How would it not exist if it was already fully funded? The games are already highly profitable on PlayStation and make sweet fuck all on PC.... the numbers for Horizon were pitiful. Most PC gamers wait till games are about 5 dollars and they have a voucher.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I can feel your passion with every thread you post but your argumentation is incredible militant. Hysterical, to some extent.

On the one hand you have a fair amount of justified criticism and on the other i often see a bunch of senseless thoughts.
It is good that you express your opinion and criticize the grievances of the industry.
But with the amount of threads you create, I'd like to see you bring out a little more objectivity.

Warablo

Sony really needs Factions II to come out to keep PS+ relevant.

At this point, I just want everything to come out on PC.

mckmas8808

Banned
No, it was advertised as 'Only on PlayStation', that was printed on every box for years. Every previous game never appeared on another platform.

How would it not exist if it was already fully funded? The games are already highly profitable on PlayStation and make sweet fuck all on PC.... the numbers for Horizon were pitiful. Most PC gamers wait till games are about 5 dollars and they have a voucher.

Only on Playstation "at that time". I'd agree with you if it was day and date day one games though.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's a handful of PS games. No need to have a meltdown.

Microsoft put more Xbox games on PC. Are you also calling for them to scrap XBL?

I agree that online gaming should be free on consoles, but there is no way this will change when Microsoft and Sony are making millions upon millions every month.

sendit

Can’t say that I agree. These Sony exclusives are coming to PC years later. Not in the same fashion as Microsoft’s exclusives (day 1). Uncharted 4, Horizon, and Days Gone have already fully saturated the PlayStation eco system by the time it saw a release on the PC.

Eventually, I believe Sony will start releasing on PC on the same date. When that happens, the need to own a PlayStation console will be nonexistent for me.

Nixxes should be used to port all those PS3 games and other PS1 and 2 games to PS5.... I don't care if we have to buy again as long as they are adding value to the PS ecosystem.
Just porting games to PS5 most certainly be unprofitable and risky. Would a great game like Puppeteer even sell enough to cover the costs and time? Probably not.

You sure have odd views. For games to be exclusive in perpetuity makes no sense. If every PS3 game would be remastered for every platform to make in financially viable, its a action I would support Ryan making. Rather than letting these games rot on PS3 into obscurity.

Now if Sony released all the newest exclusives on every platform. That wouldnt be your problem. That would be Sonys. They would lose hardware sales, therefore PS+ sales. Thats a dance they have to figure out. But if anything Sony uses these PC releases to update their games for PS5. And thats how it should stay.

Last edited:
It's a handful of PS games. No need to have a meltdown.
This is just the beginning, that's for sure. If those games make enough money on pc and there are not millions of Bryans out there, PS games on pc will come more frequently and faster.

HTK

Banned
Maybe because we can play the multiplayer for free on pc vs paid on PS+...
Jury is out on that, I don't believe they'll include the multiplayer in the PC version.

In any case, it doesn't matter and the point is moot. If you're really upset about it, get yourself a PC for a few grand and wait 3/6 years for PS Exclusives to become available so you can take advantage of a free/dead multiplayer...

It is as simple as this... if Sony are going to put exclusives on Steam and Epic store, they should be willing to treat their console gamers with the same respect as a PC gamer.

Online gaming should be free, the income from PC should be plenty to compensate them for the lost revenue given the enthusiasm they have for that platform now.

I also think they should go a step further and promise to match or beat Steam sales or let Steam on to PlayStation as a secondary store.

I would invite anyone on PlayStation 4 or 5 to cancel or set their subscription to 'do not automatically renew' to show Sony that if they want to be like a PC publisher, they can be in more ways than one.

100% Agree with the bolded. I'm old enough to remember when they were free. Part of the reason I took a break from gaming is because of paid multiplayer for XBL and PSN.

PS+ and XBL offer enough content for its prices (free monthly games, extra cloud save storage, extra discounts on sales etc). Online multiplayer should be 100% free (like XBL has done for free to play games). It should be free for all games EXCEPT possibly for MMOs. In my view the only reason it isn't free is to nickel and dime customers.

Graciaus

Naaa entitlement is buying a PC and expecting to get all games from all platforms.

I bought a switch for their games, I bought a PS for their games. Anything I want to play, I pay my way...nothing entitled about me.
But I never expected to be able to play Xbox and/or Playstation exclusives officially when I built my PC. They were things I decided I could live without. Now it is just an added bonus.

Just build a PC in a few years when prices come down and be happier.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They are last gen titles, other then the status of being tied to them platforms forever, why do you care?
There's nothing to be angry or excited about, it's old stuff

Last edited:
It is as simple as this... if Sony are going to put exclusives on Steam and Epic store, they should be willing to treat their console gamers with the same respect as a PC gamer.

Online gaming should be free, the income from PC should be plenty to compensate them for the lost revenue given the enthusiasm they have for that platform now.

I also think they should go a step further and promise to match or beat Steam sales or let Steam on to PlayStation as a secondary store.

I would invite anyone on PlayStation 4 or 5 to cancel or set their subscription to 'do not automatically renew' to show Sony that if they want to be like a PC publisher, they can be in more ways than one.
They not releasing day n date. So no

Fahdis

- Sony finally went back to its roots mostly from MP heavy PS3 generation to SP Games thus not really needing PS+ as much anymore
- Only Sony fans apparently have issues getting games released on PC 5 years down the line and feel like someone murdered their mother
- They are asking for $70 games and at the same time $10 upgrades for games you already have. Meaning every generation your games have an upgrade you pay $10 more.

Good Luck with the future.

Bryank75

Banned
- Sony finally went back to its roots mostly from MP heavy PS3 generation to SP Games thus not really needing PS+ as much anymore
- Only Sony fans apparently have issues getting games released on PC 5 years down the line and feel like someone murdered their mother
- They are asking for $70 games and at the same time $10 upgrades for games you already have. Meaning every generation your games have an upgrade you pay $10 more.

Good Luck with the future.
Mad Norman Bates GIF

S0ULZB0URNE

Lets talk when/IF modern Sony made games go PC.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Jury is out on that, I don't believe they'll include the multiplayer in the PC version.

In any case, it doesn't matter and the point is moot. If you're really upset about it, get yourself a PC for a few grand and wait 3/6 years for PS Exclusives to become available so you can take advantage of a free/dead multiplayer...
Sure, jan that they will not release the mp of U4.

And the mp of U4 are already dead and will stay dead when it releases again on PS5? What a disposable game.

Nah if you dont like it dont buy it? lol

ppl like you ruin games, just like the ppl who Bitch about games being too long..

back to the topic no PS+ is great

yurinka

Nice joke.

Sony is run a company, they have zero reasons to reject getting hundreds of millions of revenue from PS Plus when they have dozens of millions of subscribers paying their subscription. Same goes with PSN sales, they're killing it. I'd love to see more sales there, but already having a stunning performance so they don't need to do it.

And Sony won't put all their exclusives on PC, they will only put there a few ports of old games every year.

The only thing I agree is that it would be nice to have free online MP in all games plus a (at least small/basic) free savedata online storage. But again, they are profiting a lot from it and it has related costs so I don't see why they'd see their need to make them free when dozens of millions of people are ok to pay for them.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If Sony are putting any First Party games on PC it needs to remove the PS+ requirement for all First Party games to be played online on consoles.

I doubt any ps+ subscriber is buying it simply for First party multiplayer so they don't lose any money. Imagine people who don't pay for ps+ could buy those games and keep the online scene for those games going for longer. It might be a shot in the arm for the likes of Destruction Allstars (It seriously needs it)

Add it to the list Bryank75 Bryank75

Sort of unrelated but I think it really sucks that the only way to back up your PS5 game saves is to have PS+

Fortunately I have PS+, but it's a crappy move for those who don't and can't even back up their saves and if they have to reformat, they've lost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom