• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With more exclusives coming to PC, would you still recommend getting a PS5/Series X instead of a full blown PC?

PC or PS5/Series X?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is something I can also get behind so long as the game is well optimized.
I don't feel like getting spoiled as I check social media every now and then.

I'm in college atm.

I personally prefer to separate gaming from college stuff so I don't get distracted. My PC isn't really powerful enough so I can't really play as many games as I want to which is why I have a PS5.

Series X is an amazing deal with gamepass but I'm just not a fan of digital games because if once you finish it you're stick with it forever and can never resell if you want to later..
You might not know this but the XSX can play disc games as well. With regard to your question the PC is only an alternative to people who prefer to play in that ecosystem with all the pros and cons it has. Console gaming is a completely different animal so it's not completely comparable. I prefer the ease of use and flexibility console gaming affords me plus it's loads cheaper. Others might not find value in that but I certainly do.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'd recommend building a PC even before knowing MS and Sony were going to release games on it. Its just too flexible of a platform. Xbox series is getting there, but Sony and Nintendo are total trash in that regard. Not a fan of walled gardens at all, even a chinese portable is better than a PS5 or Switch to me due to that.

Consoles have their use cases though, beyond exclusive games. For example if you are a kid and don't want to learn how to use a PC. Or if you play games that thrive on PC like FIFA and Call of Duty.

Last edited:

Lupin25

Kind of an overreaction.

Only “some” PS4 exclusives have just now been ported after sales peaks. Sony’s been pretty slow with this so far, honestly.

I’m presuming this is how things will remain going forward, but it’s still left to be known what they plan to port over, as well.

If not all, then a PS5 is still essential for most.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
PlayStation 5 - If you're willing to wait at least 1-2 years for PlayStation's biggest titles to release on PC.
XBox Series X - I wouldn't suggest it if you already own a PC.

ViolentP

I am PC first but I don't blindly push the platform on people as it comes with a commitment. If you are not ready to engage in the open nature of PC's then exclusives should not be the reason to do so.

sunnysideup

Banned
Im a console gamer at heart.

But the modern console experience is a shell of its former self. No more high end game made bespoke to hardware. No real exclusives. Barely functioning physical releases. Non trustworthy digital distribution @ insane prices.

As underwhelmed i have been by my pc. Its a much better option than consoles. Consoles have become a low end alternative.

Pc has:

trustworthy digital distro(steam.)
Lower digital prices.
All games.
Better graphics

Poll is dumb ..

I would recommend a ps5 , switch, and Xbox combo over pc to almost everyone today as it’s way less expensive and you get to play more of the big games.
"Way less expensive", heh. Most people would be just fine with gaming on a PC that totals the same price as a PS5. And with that PC you get access to so many more games than all of the consoles combined, it's not even funny. You even get access to games of past-generation consoles of all kinds (provided you rip your own roms, obvs. :p).

Even Switch+PC is making less sense now that the Deck is looming on the horizon.

Top Bottom