• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Next Gen Features Trailer

Burger

Wonder if they fixed the trees flapping about like
:
inflatable man GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

Del_X

I guess its safe to say they wont be giving us the pre-downgraded graphics.

b4TnCh2.gif

in-game-gif-13-14-3gif.gif

untitled_1_by_saxrussel-d8wwfjc.gif
Some of this is definitely a change in art design. The 2013 screen is washed out with a lot of bloom but looks more gritty. The gif you posted shows no self shadows for the decorators in the foliage on the left. IMO these updates bring it "technically" beyond The Sword of Destiny trailer in some regards. We'll likely never get the water cresting effects. The inclusion of Ray Traced GI makes it contrast more naturally, in the pre-downgrade and release versions, things in shadow are just "black" which isn't really how things look in sunlight.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This looks completely underwhelming. It took them years to put this out? And they even had to kick out the first developer group who worked on it?

Glad I didn’t wait to play it, as I thought about doing here:
Post in thread 'CDPR insists that The Witcher 3 next-gen upgrade is not in "development hell"'
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/cdpr...ot-in-development-hell.1634804/post-266015726

Great game. Hope others pick it up due to this update. You’ll love it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Let's at least hope the 60fps mode is solid, that's really all I want (yes, I know Xbox already had that, PS5 didn't).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
AS with many of these remasters and ray tracing additions... it looks different... barely.
But does it look better? just different

oji-san

Banned
Very nice. All i wanted actually is 60fps on PS5 so i can play it again as i can't stand 30fps anymore. And that's not a given as games like RDR2 still don't have 60fps patch. And plus we get more goodies and free (as it's should).:messenger_beaming:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Change too much and people will complain it doesn't have the same vibe/atmosphere.

And if anything, for console players stuck at PS4/XONE level of settings it is a huge graphical jump.
That’s why I like remasters that just do higher res and fps. Only update.
As for remakes, I find it way more interesting to do stuff like re2 rather than just new graphics.

Some of this is definitely a change in art design. The 2013 screen is washed out with a lot of bloom but looks more gritty. The gif you posted shows no self shadows for the decorators in the foliage on the left. IMO these updates bring it "technically" beyond The Sword of Destiny trailer in some regards. We'll likely never get the water cresting effects. The inclusion of Ray Traced GI makes it contrast more naturally, in the pre-downgrade and release versions, things in shadow are just "black" which isn't really how things look in sunlight.
More like they made a vertical slice with baked lighting vs dynamic lighting on the scale of an open world.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
-Fucking awful 15 fps choppy trailer.. WTF
-4k 30.. not even 4k40... no 60fps rt mode or unlocked mode. So play at inferior 60fps.... or good graphics. This should never be a choice. This is not what modes should be about. Look at ragnarok. These are some OK modes.
-No motion blur in the trailer... not that it would help the shitty 13fps in that video but 30fps really looks like dogshit without some good motion blur. Just play original Lost Planet or shadow of the colossus remake. Look smooth af.
-No difference in graphics really...
Are you ever not crying?

TonyK

Lighting and Foliage has been improved, along wit textures and draw distance.

As someone who played the game on PS4, the upgrade on PS5 is a huge jump especially when we factor in 60 FPS and the reduced load times.

How have they access to the next gen version? Is it really the console update or are they comparing console with PC and calling it next gen? Honest doubt, not trolling.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Some people aren't happy unless they're upset over something
I don’t care if it’s free. I would happily pay for better upgrade.

I mean if there is no quality 60 mode.. it better really looks good. Because at this point it would be better to leave it as it was and just do 4k60

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Me looking for actual differences when I stick this on my Ps5

community paper GIF

But hey, it’s free, so even tiny stuff is something for anyone who hasn’t already put 150 hours in like me.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
All that wait for a video that looked exactly like the original game.. fer fucks sakes, gonna need to see a proper side by side, was definitely hoping for a bigger upgrade visually

bbeach123

I tried most lighting mod on PC and at the end I had come back to vanilla .

In most scene they look so much better than vanilla , but all lighting mod have problem with either interior , cave ,rain, or night . Sometime they look worse than vanilla and I hate the trend of all modder make night so fcking dark that its almost unplayable .

As you can see here at 1:21 , and 1:55.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Lighting and Foliage has been improved, along wit textures and draw distance.

As someone who played the game on PS4, the upgrade on PS5 is a huge jump especially when we factor in 60 FPS and the reduced load times.

Uhh... the upgrades are actually super impressive, even in this compressed video:

52519656981_0a1677562e_o.png

52519180967_9ed229a467_o.png

52519181027_6b0f98f106_o.png

52520132140_f787b49694_o.png

This isn't just a "bump up the resolution and allow for higher framerates" update. They've clearly redone the lighting system and created new textures on a ton of assets. I'm impressed and I really look forward to a more thorough analysis from Digital Foundry or the like.

How have they access to the next gen version? Is it really the console update or are they comparing console with PC and calling it next gen? Honest doubt, not trolling.
It's from the CDPR next-gen update stream here:

Last edited:

bbeach123

Uhh... the upgrades are actually super impressive, even in this compressed video:

This isn't just a "bump up the resolution and allow for higher framerates" update. They've clearly redone the lighting system and created new textures on a ton of assets. I'm impressed and I really look forward to a more thorough analysis from Digital Foundry or the like.

It's from the CDPR next-gen update stream here:

Its just happen in these scene that the shadows doesnt block the characters my dude .

I can do this too .See the original look better because better lighting redone something something/s

ELatjYB.png

Last edited:

Hugare

I tried most lighting mod on PC and at the end I had come back to vanilla .

In most scene they look so much better than vanilla , but all lighting mod have problem with either interior , cave ,rain, or night . Sometime they look worse than vanilla and I hate the trend of all modder make night so fcking dark that its almost unplayable .

As you can see here at 1:21 , and 1:55.

Thats why I hate Reshade/ENB or whatever mods.

Looks good during the day? Sure, but enjoy black crushed nights now. Or interiors so dark that you cant find an item.

It will always "break" some parts of the game, so thats why I always stick to vanilla

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Its just happen in these scene that the shadows doesnt block the characters my dude .

I can do this too .See the original look better because better lighting redone something something/s

ELatjYB.png

No, there's way more to it than that.

Look at the detail in Geralt's hair and the trees in the background in the first shot.
Or the scratches in the leather on Geralt's chest or his sleeve on his raised arm in the second shot.
Or the ground textures or detail of the wheel spoke in the third shot.
Or the detail of the horses hair, particularly where the reins meet the horses body, or the extra detail on the beach, rocks, and trees in the background in the fourth shot.

The upgrades I pointed out are undeniable. It's not just due to different time of day.

Last edited:

bbeach123

No, there's way more to it than that.

Look at the detail in Geralt's hair and the trees in the background in the first shot.
Or the scratches in the leather on Geralt's chest or his sleeve on his raised arm in the second shot.
Or the ground textures or detail of the wheel spoke in the third shot.
Or the detail of the horses hair, particularly where the reins meet the horses body, or the extra detail on the beach, rocks, and trees in the background in the fourth shot.

The upgrades I pointed out are undeniable. It's not just due to different time of day.
Better textures sure . Even pc had textures mod .

Better lighting ,I havent seen it yet .

Here the blitz fx mod on PC
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/6447?tab=images

Skifi28

I might just play this at 30fps assuming they didn't introduce a ton of input lag in the new update, the ps4 version felt pretty ok at 30 and when it launched my first playthrough was also at 30 on my ageing PC. It's a tradition at this point.

Top Bottom