• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central -Xbox feedback analysis: The top issues Xbox fans want to see fixed in 2022

DaGwaphics

VR at 2% yet we have a thread here crying about Xbox having no VR.

Without VR support MS isn't hitting those fans to begin with, thus there wouldn't be many to take a survey. Right now, if you have an interest in VR on console you get a PS over an Xbox.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

Quick Resume is awesome, and its issues are equally annoying.

My most played games these days are Halo MCC, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite, and they each have issues with Quick Resume. Halo 5 has the fewest issues, Halo Infinite fails to connect literally every session as far as I can tell, though it at least tells you, unlike MCC. Halo MCC sometimes works, and sometimes does not, but there is no way to tell if it has connection issues unless you sit in matchmaking endlessly. So, as a result, I force quit every session, just to make sure.

ZywyPL

Gold Member
Quest 2 is at Switch cost now. Many stores offered $50 gift cards with purchase over Christmas.

Oculus 2 is the obvious step in proper direction, an affordable, wireless, standalone device, so if this won't storm the market, I don't know what will. This year will show if it'll continue to sell another 10M units, or will the sales start to drop.

Glad to see achievements needing improvements is in the top 5. Maybe we will get that platinum equivalent after all.
I don’t quite get this, the 1000/1000 is sort of the equivalent. What is the point of having an achievement to tell you that? What they could do is to split between base game and DLC so that you don’t end up with something like 1000/5000. Still, I would like to see improvements when it comes to this. I still have bugged achievements from Gears 4.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I don’t quite get this, the 1000/1000 is sort of the equivalent. What is the point of having an achievement to tell you that? What they could do is to split between base game and DLC so that you don’t end up with something like 1000/5000. Still, I would like to see improvements when it comes to this. I still have bugged achievements from Gears 4.

1000/1000 just isn't the same. I don't know. Hard to explain. I get satisfaction from the challenge of getting that Platinum trophy rather than just a number.

DenchDeckard

Gold Member
PSVR1 sold 5 million, and it was a 2016 wired device. All that people want is an affordable device and good content
I’m on the VR bandwagon, I own a Rift S and a PS VR but 5 million psvr is not that great on the biggest selling console of the generation. How could they ever release a real triple A game on a device with only 5 million potential customers they would need atleast 20 percent of the user base to buy it to sell 1 million units.

im really interested to see how PSVR 2 does and I hope that Sony support it with genuinely new and incredible games to the level of Half Life Alyx but I can totally see why MS isn’t behind vr.

microsoft would be lucky to sell a couple million units of a headset And it just doesn’t make sense For them I don’t think.

Last edited:

AGRacing

The Game DVR is garbage that's for sure.... I always wonder why I can't record on the Xbox what I can easily on the Playstation.... I think there's some dedicated hardware solution on that platform.

Isa

My primary gripe is the lack of Japanese game support, but I'd add games across the Asian region in general. There are so many games they could try to get. Hell plenty of niche nerdy titles that had low budgets and expectations that could do well with a little push in a new ecosystem. If I was at Xbox with access to all that funny money I'd establish a team who specifically went out to get old games ported to Xbox/PC with new convenience features and such, maybe even pay for translations, and do all I could to bring newer titles over as well. I'd go in like old Sega and have teams (internal/external) do that work for the publishers so they don't have to take on the burden and risk.

Just establishing the reputation would help immensely with the "Xbox has no gaemz" and give people who game in that ecosystem more to chose from. It really is baffling the decisions these companies make sometimes, even regarding titles that are multiplatform. Like Jesus man, are you even trying? With a massive warchest to boot. Instead they let so many titles just pass 'em by. It is getting better sure, but its definitely one of MS's worst faults in my opinion, especially considering the history of Xbox and having decades to fix the problem.

My second wish would to have a newer controller with haptic feedback. That'd be cool. But My first complaint is miles above the rest. I mean shit I'd be fine with them diverting funds away from the plethora of indie gamepass deals for some Japanese game love. Like what if they just went hard and started snagging classics from yesteryear, lol backcompat from other systems lol.

Top Bottom