• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: "Starfield's launch date isn't yet set in stone. Game is playable from start to finish"

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why? They launched a couple hundred units into stores in Japan in a world where everyone didn't have an internet-connected camera in their back pocket and the word "viral" didn't have the same meaning as it does today.
No, they did it in the US.

j.k.2021

Banned
i hope it doesnt release all buggy and fucked up. spinning heads, characters walking upside down, clipping ect
There is no chance for a massive rpg like this with complex mechanics to launch without bugs.People need to stop comparing these games with linear one's.

The damage control begins. Hmmmm, release it in its current state and risk massive backlash and possibly further damage the brand? Or delay it another year and risk massive backlash and further damage the brand?
You know what MS should have done and maybe should do more more often? Learn how to shut the fuck up.

ZoukGalaxy

Starfield's launch date isn't yet set in stone. Speaking to us on condition of anonymity, trusted sources have told us that Starfield is now UNplayable in full from start to finish"
Fixed :messenger_beaming:

OK sorry.
I'm excited by this game and the promise of exploration, but they should stop talking about it and just make a surprise short release like they did with Fallout 4, THAT was the way to go and so incredible.

Last edited:

Warablo

No way they are going to do this with the biggest game they release this year. Maybe a big showcase two or three months before release. Want to build the hype.
I mean Fallout 4 was sorta close almost. No one even heard anything about it then showcase and release drop in 3 months.
Fallout 76 wasn't on ps3 and look at the state of it when it released...
You are comparing a online only game with no NPC's to a Single player RPG.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I mean Fallout 4 was sorta close almost. No one even heard anything about it then showcase and release drop in 3 months.

You are comparing a online only game with no NPC's to a Single player RPG.
Yeah, the NPCs make a ton of a difference when it comes to bugs and glitches...

AmuroChan

The damage control begins. Hmmmm, release it in its current state and risk massive backlash and possibly further damage the brand? Or delay it another year and risk massive backlash and further damage the brand?
You know what MS should have done and maybe should do more more often? Learn how to shut the fuck up.

I honestly don't think it hurts them that much if the game was janky at launch. That's basically how all their previous games were at release, and they're still viewed by most of the industry as a top tier game dev.

ReBurn

Gold Member
How do you shadow drop millions of copies of a game to retail stores?
By announcing the end of physical distribution of first party Xbox games five minutes before you shadow drop the game. I know it won't happen. I'm just spitballing ideas here.

MikeM

Will this locked to 60fps? Bethesda loves that, don’t they?

I’m still shocked its 30fps on Series X.

I think we all know how this will unfold:

Redfall May 2023
Forza September 2023
Starfield November 2023

Microsoft won't skip their big holiday season title to release something in June, especially when the developer will need all the time it can get to iron out the huge amount of bugs this kind of games always have.

Yep. I'm pretty sure Microsoft knew this all along too. Starfield was always going to be a holiday 2023 release.

Which Jez is saying this, Michael Pachter Jez, or Nostradamus Jez?
magic 8-ball jez:

1*-q1204K3HK1MXcG0EIm5sQ.jpeg

cireza

Banned
"You can somehow reach the end of game, if you get lucky enough."

* The tester who managed to pull this off is currently being tortured by the rest of team so they can understand how he did it.

Last edited:
I remember the last delays, suddenly half of the online community had a back log. XboxReddit was full of ”backlog “ threads within hours.

He’s got a unpleasant habit of projecting at times, it’s a insult to intelligence.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I remember the last delays, suddenly half of the online community had a back log. XboxReddit was full of ”backlog “ threads within hours.

He’s got a unpleasant habit of projecting at times, it’s a insult to intelligence.
Those conversations usuallly went

Person a: wow im pretty dissapointed about the starfield delay, its a pretty quiet year for xbox releases

Person b: WeLl wItH gAmePass thErE is aLwaYs pLenTy tO PlAy

Person a: why cant microsoft match the exclusive output of sony?

Person B: StOp ConCeRn TroLIng, tElL me U oNly PlAy TriPle AAa GaMeS wIthouT teliNg mE yoU oNly PlaY trIple A games!!!!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Nothing in the the XBOX direct was something that could "soften the blow" of a STARFIELD delay so I'm still holding out for first half of 2023, but we are getting up against it. Even FO4 was given five months of leadup (and technically so was SF before it got delayed).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Leaked release dates as per Gamestop computer:

11/19/27 Xbox Console next gen* (tentative name)
11/19/27 Call of Duty next gen* (tentative name)
11/19/27 Assassin's Creed next gen* (tentative name)
11/19/27 EA Soccer 28 next gen* (tentative name)
12/31/27 Starfield (tentative date)

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
Some people are putting too much faith in this game.
I dont think so. Bethesda games have their own charme when it comes to their games. Only bethesda can do bethesda rpgs. And they are loved by millions.

The elder scrolls lore is insane
Fallout is loved

gigantic ips.

also pc gamers favourites because of insane modsupport.

theres a reason skyrim still does so well. not many games can pull that off. Also the OST is a legend.

listen to this fucking masterpiece.

i think you dont realize what a legend studio this is since decades.

todd gets a lot of memes and shit for stuff he was to ambitious but he tries at least. but hes a genius imo. watch a genuine. interview with him where doesnt need to be the PR guy. very likeable

Last edited:
I dont think so. Bethesda games have their own charme when it comes to their games. Only bethesda can do bethesda rpgs. And they are loved by millions.

The elder scrolls lore is insane
Fallout is loved

gigantic ips.

also pc gamers favourites because of insane modsupport.

theres a reason skyrim still does so well. not many games can pull that off. Also the OST is a legend.

listen to this fucking masterpiece.

i think you dont realize what a legend studio this is since decades.

todd gets a lot of memes and shit for stuff he was to ambitious but he tries at least. but hes a genius imo. watch a genuine. interview with him where doesnt need to be the PR guy. very likeable

I hope it turns out good man. You’re right about Bethesda and their charm with a games. Morrowind and Oblivion still resonate with me years after playing with them to completion.

Freeza93

Banned
I hope it turns out good man. You’re right about Bethesda and their charm with a games. Morrowind and Oblivion still resonate with me years after playing with them to completion.
Genre defining games at their time. I still have not played a single rpg that can touch bethesdas house feel. So for me personally they are very special.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
All playable start to finish means is that its at Alpha. Which means there's a long way to go depending on how many elements need to be tuned, polished and potentially cut. Do that and your at Beta, which is where the "fun" begins.

Top Bottom