• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William Petersen returns for the CSI finale on sept. 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Megaton

Enhance if old!

csi.jpg

Is your hankie handy, CSI fans?

Production has wrapped on the goodbye movie planned for Sept. 27 on CBS. In an exclusive first look obtained by EW, William Petersen (Gil Grissom), Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) and Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) look for clues one last time on the long-running procedural drama.

“I’m so glad we were able to do this, to go and be with the crew and the cast again, to be able to say goodbye,” Petersen tells EW. “It was really a big to-do for us.”

Most of the original ensemble will reunite for the two-hour flick. Besides Petersen and Helgenberger, Paul Guilfoyle returned to the set to reprise his role as Jim Brass. The rest of the cast includes Ted Danson (D.B. Russell), Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews), David Berman (David Phillips), Wallace Langham (David Hodges), Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody), Robert David Hall (Dr. Al Robbins), Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders), and Melinda Clarke as Lady Heather. There will be two notable absences: Elisabeth Shue, who played Julie Finlay, and George Eads, aka Nick Stokes.

The show’s creator, Anthony Zuiker, penned the script.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/27/csi-movie-first-look-gil-reunites-catherine-and-sara

Alx

Grissom was the best Character on that show

Yeah he was my favorite too. I think I stopped buying DVD seasons when he left.
Which makes me notice that Warrick isn't mentioned in the list of characters, either present or not. I guess things didn't go too well for him in the seasons I didn't watch ?

Original team is the best team. CSI slowly died after his departure. I haven't watched CSI in years but I may jump in for this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, they're finally ending it? Are ratings that bad now for them to kill it?

strafer

Original team is the best team. CSI slowly died after his departure. I haven't watched CSI in years but I may jump in for this.

I was thinking about stop watching after Warrick left. But then I held out until Nick left. Then I stopped.

Will watch the finale for sure.

Yeah he was my favorite too. I think I stopped buying DVD seasons when he left.
Which makes me notice that Warrick isn't mentioned in the list of characters, either present or not. I guess things didn't go to well for him in the seasons I didn't watch ?

:lol

He gets killed by a crooked cop because he refuses to let an investigation go. He ain't doing too well in real life either :(

Shame Nick left before this, strange for that to happen just before the finale.

edit: wait, are we a season behind in the UK? Over here Nick left literally in the last episode of the last season.

I can't believe this version is still going on. It was without a doubt the worst CSI between the three and the cast/setting weren't nearly as good as Miami/New York.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I can't believe this version is still going on. It was without a doubt the worst CSI between the three and the cast/setting weren't nearly as good as Miami/New York.

nope, Miami was so unintentionally comical with its godawful one liners and orange juice lighting, while New York had lizardman as lead who's like, the most boring CSI boss

Vegas still great. Grave Danger and the miniature killer were top notch

nope, Miami was so unintentionally comical with its godawful one liners and orange juice lighting, while New York had lizardman as lead who's like, the most boring CSI boss

Vegas still great. Grave Danger and the miniature killer were top notch

I was living in West Palm when Miami started airing and I was absolutely baffled at how Florida was depicted as being under this perma-twilight effect just to drive in what the setting was.

Megasoum

Banned
It was when i lost interest. Started to gain it back when elizabeth shue came in though. Its a shame theres no warrick mention.

Well he can't exactly be in the episode (unless they do a flashback) but I'm sure he'll be in the montage at the end.

I'm super excited for the movie... Sure the quality dropped (especially after Grissom and Willows left) but I still really enjoyed it.

Just seeing those three in that picture in the OP gives me a warm feeling.

LevelNth

Banned
How did they not get George Eads back, he had been on the show the longest of any cast member I think...

I'll watch this, but CSI's fall from grace began, rather ironically, when the execs felt they were too big to fail, didn't cave to the actor who played Warrick's contract demands and killed him off.

Show changed after that, even though the episodes surrounding the incident were amazing.

Red Mage

How did they not get George Eads back, he had been on the show the longest of any cast member I think...

I'll watch this, but CSI's fall from grace began, rather ironically, when the execs felt they were too big to fail, didn't cave to the actor who played Warrick's contract demands and killed him off.

Show changed after that, even though the episodes surrounding the incident were amazing.

I thought he got kicked off due to drugs?

Apparently he wasn't kicked off due to that, but it seems to have played a role with how the studio wouldn't deal with him.

jett

D-Member
I had no idea this show was still going on.

I just read Warrick's actor filed for bankruptcy. I guess he should've have left the show. :p

Chris R

Will watch for sure.

Was an avid watcher for most of the early seasons, started to fall off after Gil left and then pretty much stopped when they started to move the timeslot around. Didn't care for Danson at all either.

Patrick S.

Banned
Petersen's voice actor in the German dub is great, actually more memorable than his real voice. Same as David Caruso's, actually. For this reason, these two shows are among the very few shows where I prefer the dub over the original English version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom