• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Willem Dafoe Pitches How He Could Join Joaquin Phoenix in ‘Joker’ Sequel

bitbydeath

I’d be down for this.

There is something interesting about, like, if there was a Joker imposter,” Dafoe explained. “So it would be possible to have not duelling Jokers but someone that says to be the Joker that isn’t the Joker. And that kind of opens up the possibility of an interesting story, particularly if you had Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker, and then you had someone who was either imitating or riffing off what he did. I fantasised about that.”

A solid idea, but it remains just that for now. “Other than that I am not talking to anybody [about it],” Dafoe added.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
sounds good to me
dabg1tr-a870f76c-09b8-4881-ab24-b6caf4df9907.png

you know phoenix , im something of a joker my self

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It could be an interesting way of portraying multiple Jokers in the same narrative. Given how popular No Way Home was, why not?

This is almost verbatim a Quote from a Batman Comic Book I'd Read, where Dafoe is imitating the Joker to apprehend him as Old Man Batman - which ends abruptly in the Middle
of a Large Seating Arrangement inside a Movie Theater with Dafoe knocked back on his heels, sitting in the Middle of the Movie Theater waiting for the Joker.
Except Dafoe is not known by his Acting name, he is known as Bruce Wayne!! But Bruce Wayne is Dafoe!!

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

If it gets gorier from where it left off that could be quite a spectacle. There's a lot of cool ways the story could go. Imaging a 70s Warriors/Bronson/zombie-like movie from Joker narrative.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ppretty sure there’s not going to be another one of these… not with The Batman coming.

But I would like to see other villains get similar treatment, Lex Luthor for instance.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm of the opinion that actors like Willem Dafoe should be filmed in as many roles as possible before they are taken from us because we won't see their like again for many a generation.

I wanna see Willem as Little Red Robin Hood to Schwarzenegger as the Wolf because WHY THE FUCK NOT before these legends leave us.

We've probably lost Eastwood as Old Man Wayne in a Batman Beyond show, let's not lose this chance!

Dafoe is one of the coolest actors ever, he portrays villains especially well, and he has the face for one. This would be amazing, not even just to cast him as Joker in particular, but, find this man any villain to play.

Hugare

This man was basically born to be the Joker

Someone must give him the role before he dies or become too old

Interesting idea. But the Joker in the movie was locked up and they know his real identity.

Top Bottom