• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy CDPR's next few games on Playstation, and if no, should they skip the Playstation platform for their next few games?

Kamina

Golden Boy
What?

W3 looks to run quite well on PS4/Pro, so why would i skip future CDPR games just because of a botched Cyberpunk 2077 which will surely get fixed on last gen eventually and will probably run very well on PS5 once the version is out.

only on playstation? the game is not running great on xbox one and pc too so...
“But i’s running slightly better on Xbox, so ‘muh superior console’ “

Last edited:
This is like saying "do you still buy games from Guerrilla because they botched the HZD PC port?".

PC gamers have gotten 2nd class citizen treatment for decades, the height of bullshit was Batman Arkham Asylum Knight.

Gamers will forget about this in a year when Cyberpunk gets the next-gen treatment and is fully patched. I'd answer this question with "no way in hell and yes they should ditch consoles" if CDPR would've a track record of abandoning their games and not patching them up or supporting them (Hello EA/Bioware and Square/Platinum Games. Anthem and MEA... Nier:A), but CDPR has never done this... quite the opposite actually.

They killed their reputation with this, though.

Last edited:
As long as they come with a Witcher trilogy for PS5, i'm ok with them burning to hell. I have more love for Witcher 3 than hate for Cybershit...but i have full hate towards reviewers, I'll be skipping them forever for shure. The gaming press is dead to me.

Skipping ps4+ps5 is gonna please the bank, for shure. 😂😂😂 They won't!

Last edited:
Firstly, no, I'm not playing Cyberpunk on PS4 or 5. (I'm on PC) Would I buy future games on PS5? If they are considered to be the next great thing, then maybe I will. If it flops, then all they need to do is not to release another game on the PS5 at all, and I won't buy any other games they release. That is, of course, if they get to release another game.

THEAP99

Banned
One thing for sure is I am gonna let releases see themselves out a bit unless it's from a company I somewhat trust.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Last edited:

A2una1

Oh I Remember how piss poor Skyrim was running on PS3. I had to wait for about half a year before I could really enjoy it then. There is actually no one talking about these poor launches after some time has passed, if they patch these games to acceptable levels. After some time we forget what these launches where like....and pre-order again, sad but this is how it goes...

FranXico

CCProjekt Red can go to hell for all I care.

What they did to millions of PlayStation customers is abysmal and criminal.

Microsoft needs to do the same for their customers or else they will look greedy and pathetic.
Well, Microsoft already bought Bethesda who gave us that magnificent Skyrim on PS3, so...

Well, Microsoft already bought Bethesda who gave us that magnificent Skyrim on PS3, so...
FUCK BETHESDA TOO!
eAiDCDx.png

vkbest

The problem is not the first shitty release on Playstation from this company. Witcher 3 was terrible at launch on PS4. And I remember yet, they didn't bother even to update PS4 Pro, but when XBX released they updated first that version despite, PS4 Pro was 13 months in the market and the update was clearly rushed because users complained Pro wasn't enhanced. I hope Playstation users will remember that on future games from this company

Last edited:
I guess they will be bought by Microsoft now. So no Playstation console anymore anyways.
This is the perfect opportunity.

As a publicly traded company they have shareholder pressure. Under Microsoft they would not and could've delayed the game further.
So yeah, this is the last CDPR game on a Playstation platform.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The XB1 version is actually the worst version of the game OP. it's even worse than the unplayable PS4 version.
When comparing consoles Fanboys say you are only allowed to take Base PS4 performance for comparison, not Pro, and with Xbox only One X, not One/S, for a “balanced comparison”.

Last edited:

Jada

Banned
I think some of you are not quite grasping just how gravely CPDR bungled this launch. Its heavily anticipated follow-up to Witcher 3, considered - with good reason - to be the best role playing game of this generation and possibly of all time, has been delisted by Sony, the industry leader whose recently launched PS5 is the hottest selling system in gaming history. Its stock has lost over 50% of its value in a matter of hours.

Very doubtful they will be releasing a new game for some time, if ever again.

dyergram

Next Witcher will probably be in 4 years I think by then cb will work on playstation I would imagine the Witcher next generation version will probably get some more time in the oven now as well.

I don't give a flying fuck about CP2077 (no cyberlolis no buy) but I'm not going to boycott them. There is a non 0 chance their next game is good.

ZywyPL

Banned
Depends on the game really. So far CDPR have a great record of post-launch support for their games, gonna see how they'll handle CP2077 in the next month or two, but I'm more then certain they'll be working on CP for the next 2 or so years anyway, not only on patches but also additional content. So if there will be a game in the future that I'll be really looking forward to, I'll most likely just get in and eventually wait for it to be fixed if really needed (but I think after rough CP2077 start they'll rather delay the games next time). If anything, blame Sony for their shitty refund policy and their terrible "workaround" which is removing the game from the store. #4theplayers

HeresJohnny

If they take the time to finish it, I’ll take the time to play it. This is really just the logical extension of where things were already going. Game companies had become just fine with releasing incomplete games and fixing them later, that’s nothing new. Players have become fine with preordering games they have no idea will be good or not. Players have become fine with purchasing season passes for content that isn’t even announced and is probably held back in many cases.

So following that progression of stupidity, CDPR execs probably thought they could get away with releasing a piece of shit on a shingle and fixing it retroactively. What this really has done is re-raised the question about how broken the game industry is in this regard: why would anyone want to buy a game at release anymore? You pay full price for less content and have to be a beta tester. How does that beat waiting six months, getting all the extra content, with no or few bugs, for half price? We have been rewarding mediocrity and so it should come as no surprise that the industry is serving us more of it.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Yes, I will buy their games in the future but not at launch and not before its fully patched and with eventual expansions available. CDPR blew all of their good reputation with Cyberpunk, hiding the console versions. They will be under much more scrutiny now.

But everyone deserves a second chance and I'm confident they will fix this mess and do good for their customers in the future. Look at Hello Games and NMS. Hopefully this will be a valuable lesson for CDPR, and other developers as well, to not be greedy and scummy assholes to the ones supporting your livelihood.

bxrz

Switch and PS4 are the majority of the gaming market, so an XBX and PC exclusive would be leaving out the majority of the market. 70% of it in fact
PC’s player base is bigger than PS4 and Switch. And CDPR’s games don’t touch the Switch anyway so its only PS4

Top Bottom