• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Sony ever remaster and re-release the Original God of War games?

In an ideal world there should have been proper emulated versions of these (and most) PS2/3 games on a PS Premium already.

That being said, you can emulate the PS2 versions on modern Xbox consoles and they scale up beautifully:

Some pictures from the original GoW on my Xbox from a recent run:

image1jzcgo.png

image2gnidg.png

image3zac88.png

image4bwews.png
I dunno, I mean great emulation for sure but sometimes I feel lots of old games are not meant to be seen on HD screens... CRTs hide all the textural flaws and blends everything smoothly together.

Moses85

I have access to a PS3 and I could get this beauty:
god_of_war_collection_colecao_favoritos_ps3_246_1_20180823132837.jpg

But the DS3 sucks and the PS3 system is really slow. I wanted to play this in 4k with a redone (not stretched) UI like on these remasters.
I have the ps4 version for ps4 but that is stuck on 1080p.
They should make a proper remaster for these games and add HDR and Haptics at least.
They can skip the PSP games and Ascencion, btw.
Here's hoping it happens one day.
Remake them SSS!

I don't give a F**** if they sold more, they are useless remakes and that's the end of that. Old classics should be the priority for remakes, not some still fresh PS4 releases.

Trevor u need To Meditate. Or Masturbate. Or Both why can't u love The Last of us remake ❣️

Top Bottom