• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith Breaks Silence: “Deeply Remorseful” For Oscar Slap

This is not an apology, this is PR testing the waters to see if Will can star in a movie anytime soon because moneys.

First he fucks every comic there is by getting away with using violence against a fucking joke.
Then at the same time he fucks over everyone in that room there for an award.
A few hours later he's partying like it didn't happen.

Fuck him and i hope he never gets a role again
You wanna cancel him over this lol? Yeah, his response was disproportionate to the offence committed but he's hardly irredeemable. If his apology is genuine (which tbf may or may not be the case) it's fair to say he reflected on his behaviour and is not likely to repeat it. Move on.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The difference between the other degenerates and Will Smith is he was at the Oscars when he had his brain snap. Again these attempts to downplay the understandable response to his behaviour as ‘fake outrage’ seems bizarre and come across to me as attempts to defend what he did.
Aside from Weinstein and Cosby, which Hollywood was able to condone for decades before cancelling them, what shows of "real outrage" from Hollywood has had any long term sticking power? Perhaps I'd be more confident if there were some actual examples of them putting principle over profit.

Aside from Weinstein and Cosby, which Hollywood was able to condone for decades before cancelling them, what shows of "real outrage" from Hollywood has had any long term sticking power? Perhaps I'd be more confident if there were some actual examples of them putting principle over profit.
Well no one’s done something like Will Smith did on the biggest stage of the industry, so there really aren’t any comparisons.

Will Smith has Gen X shaking their head, Millennials embarrassed and Gen Z laughing at him.

Will Smith should be out here like the Rock and Kevin Hart annoying the hell out of us making cameos trying to stay relevant but instead apologizing for being dumb.

If I was his manager I'd lay low and wait for Gen Alpha to come of age and embrace them.

PJX

I lost a bit of respect for this guy after the entanglement debacle because he looked like such a simp. Him slapping Chris made me lose whatever little respect I had for him. I can't watch anything with him in it and this apology didn't really help. It look staged and with him being an actor, it's hard to believe it is genuine.

Lady Jane

Banned
Look, I guess I can understand if a man sticks with his wife after she cheats on him IF they have kids and want to keep the family intact. I get it.

But then she talked proudly about cheating on him with a smile on her face in front of everyone on TV. Like jfc. This slap was not his most embarrassing moment because he's been living that one moment since Jada took his balls on national television.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Lets not forget Robert Downey Jr crawled in the window of a kid and slept in the kids bed because he was so drugged out. He seems to be doing ok. People come back, especially if you make other people money.

Ionian

Wasn’t Jada all happy and shit that he did it, why would he apologize to her lol?

Man, she’s got her fingers gripped firmly around his balls.

No doubt.

Gotta wonder what dirt she has on him when she's been open the whole time about him being a cuck and him taking it, up until the point of him doing that.

Just embarrassing, yet hilarious.

Gotta wonder why she can drag him under the bus yet he's protective. Not gonna speculate but I'd say it involves something she saved up in advance.

Fuz

Banned
Loved him in Fresh Prince, despised him in everything else - especially his nepotistic attitude with his unsufferabel family.

I don't give two shits about him anymore, and don't care for the slap at all.

That's his best acting yet.
Yeah, they all act and know nothing else outside of that. It's all an act. The lie is in their system.
I know a few actors and they're all the same - they never stop acting.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've moved on from this. He just showed me he's a jerk who cant control his emotions and will forever remember him as such.
That's rich celebrities for ya as a whole. Same goes for all the weird shit athletes and singers do behind the scenes or getting arrested etc....

You'd think with fame, fortune and housekeepers doing all the drab shit, the typical mega millionaire would just chill out and travel during non-working times, the off season or during retirement. And when rich and famous are still working year round, again just do your work during the day and go home and eat steak cooked by a chef. No cares left in the world, and it's the ultimate time to be friendly to everyone because you got it all with zero worries left in life. They should be the friendliest happy go lucky people on the block.

And somehow these celebs still fuck it up.

At least Will Smith didnt go overboard doing the "I should have no worries left in life, but I'm going to snort cocaine all day in the basement and be one of those [Found Dead at 40] overdose cases at 11 o clock news"

Last edited:
No doubt.

Gotta wonder what dirt she has on him when she's been open the whole time about him being a cuck and him taking it, up until the point of him doing that.

Just embarrassing, yet hilarious.

Gotta wonder why she can drag him under the bus yet he's protective. Not gonna speculate but I'd say it involves something she saved up in advance.

Just speaking from experience, may not be the actual reason, but, there’s a possibility she’s got nothing at all. In an abusive relationship, the abuser can easily manipulate the abused and no matter how vile they are, the abused will stick up for them. Could be the case here.

Ionian

Just speaking from experience, may not be the actual reason, but, there’s a possibility she’s got nothing at all. In an abusive relationship, the abuser can easily manipulate the abused and no matter how vile they are, the abused will stick up for them. Could be the case here.

Speaking from experience myself, looks like that to me.

My best one was some absolute cunt, kept sending "anonymous" post to my best mates house every time his parents left on holiday.

Said I was running a crack den and covered the thing with pics of babies asses. Titled "Truth and lies".

I laughed, didn't smoke yet, didn't drink but i'm breaking bad? Hadn't even finished school. hahaha.

Fucked up people do fucked up things to protect their imaginary life.

When I clocked it from the numerous crank calls from a middle aged man, I said said "I know it's you xxxxxx".

He immediately hung up, the fucking wife rang me back to complain about how rude I was. He never spoke once on the calls, just harassed the house with silent ones.

Take from that what you will, women can be just as evil. Was a massive lockdown on the letters sent to my mates parents to scrub everything out.

As in damage control.

Perhaps it needs it's own thread, it's got it all, grooming, abuse to a minor, denial and an absolute explosion.

Point is over time it happens, like Will Smith. It ain't sudden. There's something there that was gradual.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Genuine q why is his wife crazy I thought she had a medical condition
Choose Which One GIF by G2 Esports

Top Bottom