• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Ragnarok pick up from the future vision or the present day ending of God of War?

cormack12

Gold Member
The little secret ending at the end of the game is below:

It turns out that this is actually Atreus's vision/dream of something possibly in the future. When they wake up he tells Kratos about his dream and how it felt real. They then exit and Kratos says worry about it another time, we have things to do. Then they both walk out.

Obviously if the story picks up right at the end, then Atreus will still be a kid on their next adventure. If it picks up at the vision then Atreus wasn't actually there in the shot - where could he be? If he is meant to be in ths shot then this means he could also be this young for the entire trilogy/series.

kyliethicc

The actor who plays Atreus, Sunny Suljic, hit puberty right before they finished the last game. Barlog mentioned how his voice changed near the end of development.

Assuming the same kid is still cast, they'll likely have jumped forward a few years to match Atreus' and Sunny's ages.

bender

What time is it?
The game will open with Kratos and his son hunting deep in the woods. Atreus will step on a twig, breaking it and scare away the game. Kratos will whisper "Boy" before hushing his son and quietly picking up the trail. The scene will fade out and back in, a time lapse, the camera focuses on Atreus drawing his bow and steading his aim. The sound of impaled flesh will quickly drown out the quietness. The camera will zoom out reveling Kratos' axe delivering a killing blow his son. Kratos mutters to himself, "he never could hold that bow properly". Kratos looks to the heavens and shouts "BOY" one final time. The real hunt starts now.

Kratos falls off a cliff and barely hangs on. Kratos's uncle grabs his hand and says "I am the true God of war". Then releases kratos as he falls to his death. Meanwhile Atreus yells father!! And blames himself for his fathers death.

Like this:

mufasa GIF

Then Disney sues Sony for copyright infringement.

They will most likely not start right where they left off. They'd have to make the small map again which doubt they'll bother. I'm assuming since theyre both hunted, that they found a new hiding place in a different world. Maybe Earth again? The setting was boring tbh, just caves, mountains, w/e. I enjoyed the game but was definetly overrated. They're going to play safe again so more forests and caves and shit cuz it's a cross-gen title so nothing spectacular.

My guess is Thor defeats but doesn't kill Kratos, he kidnaps Atreus and takes him to Asgard and the whole game is about Kratos trying to get to Asgard and rescue Atreus.

I'm also going to guess that Thor will be the final boss but a showdown with Odin will be saved for the next game, rounding out this current "trilogy" and from there the action is gonna move to either Egypt or Japan.

GymWolf

Probably this and we will all hate it
Unless they make atraius a far better character compared to the first game.

Tbh i only hated him in his little shit phase at 3\4 of the game, for the rest he is far less annoying than ellie in general.

FingerBang

My guess is Thor defeats but doesn't kill Kratos, he kidnaps Atreus and takes him to Asgard and the whole game is about Kratos trying to get to Asgard and rescue Atreus.

I'm also going to guess that Thor will be the final boss but a showdown with Odin will be saved for the next game, rounding out this current "trilogy" and from there the action is gonna move to either Egypt or Japan.
100% this. Except for the part about Japan, which doesn't make any sense (the shinto and Buddhist gods are very different kinds of gods).

Last edited:

skit_data

I think it will pick up slightly before.

I’m not even 100% that they count that specific scene and how it plays out as canon, I can see them making slight alterations in camera position, pacing and dialogue.

zkorejo

I'm expecting a time jump but not at the beginning. The game starts from fairly the same timeline as the last game. Something major happens. Atreus is taken or something. Then after 10 years, Kratos finally gets a clue to finding Thor (who probably took him).

A slightly older Kratos' journey starts as he kills some Norse gods to get back his son. And when he does, it's not Atreus he lost anymore. Turns out Odin and Thor turned the son against father.

Father vs Son one on one, this Sunday! Hell in a Cell!

Book it Cory!

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
The actor playing Atreus is 16 now so there's your answer
Because maintaining a consistent voice cast is so important. See MGSV. The boy is just a supporting character, most wouldn't care if it was someone different. I mean shit Star Wars Prequels didn't keep the same kid for Anakin.

MaKTaiL

There is a theory that says that Kratos will die on purpose in combat so he can reach Valhalla and then be able to get inside Asgard from there with the help of the Valkyries he freed up.

GymWolf

I'm expecting a time jump but not at the beginning. The game starts from fairly the same timeline as the last game. Something major happens. Atreus is taken or something. Then after 10 years, Kratos finally gets a clue to finding Thor (who probably took him).

A slightly older Kratos' journey starts as he kills some Norse gods to get back his son. And when he does, it's not Atreus he lost anymore. Turns out Odin and Thor turned the son against father.

Father vs Son one on one, this Sunday! Hell in a Cell!

Book it Cory!
Yeah i can see something like that.

sircaw

Banned
Kratos dies at the start of the game
Atreus goes bat shit in the process,
In doing so he finds he has a secret Godpower he never knew he had, time manipulation.

Tries to Banishes Thor through a time portal, fails, However Thor's mallet gets sucked into the portal.

Atreus takes Kratos to the witch.
Witch says only one person who might be able to help.
Atreus visits talking head
Talking head says, In order to revive Kratos, Atreus must open portals to ancient Egypt,

Once there he needs to kill a number of gods to collect their organs. (to be used in a resurrection ritual)
Once completed, talking head says he also needs the sap of the world tree as it has healing properties.

In order to save Kratos, Atreus has a great choice to make, as thrusting the weapon into the tree of life, will destroy the balance of the world, sending it into darkness and unleashing the hounds of hell. bla bla

He decided to save Kratos, uses Mjolner as a giant defibrillator.

just As Kratos revives

Thor returns, and kills Atreus, Yippee,

A massive battle ensues, Thor flees

Credits end.

Short clip at the end see's...

Kratos standing over Atreus body, calling out, I will find you etc etc

DLC starts.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned

The next trilogy will be Kratos vs Jesus, and in the sequels he beats the Holy Spirit and the father. :)

yurinka

I think that sadly they'll go woke and will kill the charismatic white heterosexual male protagonist in the intro and will replace him with uncharismatic ugly lesbians, trans and non-white characters (in this case Atreus going trans and having a black lesbian girlfriend with Mario-like moustache who is more jacked than Kratos) who fight the patriarchy and the toxic masculinity.

All the white male characters including Kratos now will be dumb, weak and/or bad guys. Just like in TLOU2, Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters and so on. And just like in TLOU2 and MotU it will mean they will lose a ton of fans because of that damaging their IP. This will cause the woke media review scores of 10/10, most users will hate it and will review bomb it in user ratings, it will sell great due to the hype caused by the previous entries but if the woke people don't destroy this IP in this chapter the next one will tank hard in sales.

Let's hope they don't do all these dumb woke moves and instead they continue being respectful to the IP, its iconic protagonist and its fans. So if they kill Kratos let's hope they ressurrect him only a couple of hours later in the same game and that Kratos is the main (playable) protagonist during at least 90% of the game.

Last edited:

MikeM

Kratos will not die. If he does, it will be temporary. Lets not forget he has already died technically once already.

This would be the equivalent of MS killing Master Chief. Hard no, sir.

Top Bottom