• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Activision/Blizzard games be available in PlayStation or be Xbox exclusives?

Will Activision/Blizzard games be exclusive to Xbox?

• Yes, all games will be exclusives (minus already exclusive deals with PS made before acquisition)

• No, they will also be available in PlayStation

• They will only be timed exclusive

• Some franchises will be exclusives, some will still come out on PlayStation

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please, not again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They’re going to be exclusive to any platform that has access to Game Pass. Microsoft couldn’t be any clearer on this unless they tattooed it to your forehead.
Warzone will remain multiplatform.

New COD games idk. 50/50. But definitely dayone game pass.

But MS will make majority of money off Mobile division. Candy crush n all. King makes crazy money

I can clearly see Warzone being available everywhere, like Minecraft.

But perhaps not the main signle player ones. Also, they need to tidy that house, CoD-tiredness is a thing and Activision strategy was basically pulling a Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero with it.
I meant mainly warzone - I can see other aspects being exclusive

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

I dont know with COD + destiny, its such a behemoth on PlayStation they might treat it like Minecraft. But then again starfield is exclusive to xbox...

Are Microsoft wanting gamepass on PlayStation? Will playstation allow it?

Without Zenimax + Activision playstation is looking like a niche platform.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned

I dont know with COD + destiny, its such a behemoth on PlayStation they might treat it like Minecraft. But then again starfield is exclusive to xbox...

Are Microsoft wanting gamepass on PlayStation? Will playstation allow it?

Without Zenimax + Activision playstation is looking like a niche platform.

Sony might not have a choice. They can't compete with Game Pass. Letting it on PS might be a win/win. Sony and MS will both get additional revenue source and a lot of PS players will be thrilled.

Sosokrates

Sony might not have a choice. They can't compete with Game Pass. Letting it on PS might be a win/win. Sony and MS will both get additional revenue source and a lot of PS players will be thrilled.

The thing about putting gamepass on playstation, what would be the point in xbox hardware then?

From a COD perspective, I reckon it will still be multi-platform but most downloaded able content will come to Xbox/PC first before PS does.

Lognor

Banned
The thing about putting gamepass on playstation, what would be the point in xbox hardware then?
What's the point of Xbox hardware now? I can play every game on PC or on my phone. Soon to be able to play any game on an app on my tv (probably). And Game Pass on PS might have a lot of cloud games since MS is not going to port their own games to PS hardware.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
COD is so big I dont see MS suddenly cutting them off next year (if ever). How many copies does COD sell on PS systems? 10 million per year?

But maybe they B or C tier games will be exclusive.

E) They are trying to force Game Pass on PlayStation.

This is the smartest take so far in the thread, and it was actually on the first page. I’m impressed.

Seriously—this is a long play to get GamePass on PS5 (and to a lesser, streaming-only extent, Switch). Yeah, the games are Microsoft Platform/Console/PC exclusive now…and that’s a bonus that will drive console sales in the interim. But MS already made it clear that they don’t care about the platform you play their games on—just that you subscribe and play.

wolffy71

Banned
This is the smartest take so far in the thread, and it was actually on the first page. I’m impressed.

Seriously—this is a long play to get GamePass on PS5 (and to a lesser, streaming-only extent, Switch). Yeah, the games are Microsoft Platform/Console/PC exclusive now…and that’s a bonus that will drive console sales in the interim. But MS already made it clear that they don’t care about the platform you play their games on—just that you subscribe and play.
I feel like ur confusing platform and device a little bit. We dont know for sure if they want their users on sony and nintendo platforms yet.

Sosokrates

What's the point of Xbox hardware now? I can play every game on PC or on my phone. Soon to be able to play any game on an app on my tv (probably). And Game Pass on PS might have a lot of cloud games since MS is not going to port their own games to PS hardware.

Because console is still a very popular and preferred way to play. Having gamepass on PlayStation actually puts xbox consoles at a disadvantage because playsations would have both sony + Microsoft exclusives, I cant see Microsoft sabotaging xbox consoles like that. And will sony want to sabotage its own subscription and game sales. So many questions.

Sosokrates

I feel like ur confusing platform and device a little bit. We dont know for sure if they want their users on sony and nintendo platforms yet.

Yes, you could get the username of ps4/ps5s or you could sell more Xbox consoles.

From a business perspective I dont think putting gamepass on playstation is the most profitable.

Lognor

Banned
Because console is still a very popular and preferred way to play. Having gamepass on PlayStation actually puts xbox consoles at a disadvantage because playsations would have both sony + Microsoft exclusives, I cant see Microsoft sabotaging xbox consoles like that. And will sony want to sabotage its own subscription and game sales. So many questions.
Spencer made the comment previousy, "“We have no plans to bring it [Xbox Game Pass] to any other kind of closed platforms right now, mainly because those closed platforms don’t want something like Game Pass."

So if Sony did want Game Pass, would Microsoft go for it? You make a good point about Sony then having both their own exclusives and Microsoft exclusives, but if they are still only the cloud versions of those games, a lot of people would still likely buy an Xbox for the native version.

It's most likely not going to happen, but interesting to think about.

jose4gg

lol are you guys really going to do this to yourselves again. Seventy billion dollars. Seventy billion dollars.

Exactly, this isn't an amount to play it safe, they want to win, sell every subscription to game pass possible. That includes making the Series S/X the exclusive console to get if you want to play those games.

Sosokrates

Spencer made the comment previousy, "“We have no plans to bring it [Xbox Game Pass] to any other kind of closed platforms right now, mainly because those closed platforms don’t want something like Game Pass."

So if Sony did want Game Pass, would Microsoft go for it? You make a good point about Sony then having both their own exclusives and Microsoft exclusives, but if they are still only the cloud versions of those games, a lot of people would still likely buy an Xbox for the native version.

Thats a good point, only cloud version would still keep xbox hardware worth having. Still will be interested to see what happens.

-pepodmc

Neo Member

even if we dont want it, the future will be with no consoles and cloud gaming subscriptions only. Microsoft is playing the loooong game here to when that context comes. Microsoft doesnt care where you use gamepass.

IC3M@N FX

Neo Member
More than
all another question is what will Apple do?
Thats signifikant change of power structure in the gaming Industry.
Only Tecent, Sony is bigger than
Microsofts Xbox Game Studios.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Imo depends on the FTC and how scared MS are of them
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

G-Bus

Banned
CoD on ps just like starfield. Your all drinking too much bathwater if you think MS is going to pay 70 billion and then release one of their biggest console franchise on a rival platform.

CoD alone will make people buy Xbox or find a way to use gamepass.

Last edited:
I would think that Call of Duty will still came to Playstation, but next Crash and Spyro won't.
Phil shows the middle finger to Jim.

HTK

Banned
I think Call of Duty will remain on PlayStation.

Warzone is tied/integrated with yearly Call of Duty games so I don't think Microsoft would separate the two, I think it would cause issues. Either they leave it as is for Call of Duty or completely make it only excusive to Xbox/PC.

Ultimately I don't see them making that decision until next year at least for Call of Duty. Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2? Fair game on those.

EwwLink

Neo Member
I'm sure it'll be just like the Bethesda deal.
Previously contracted games (Deathloop) will still release on Sony platforms, but everything else will become exclusive to Xbox.

Majukun

the question is what's the point on xbox hardwaree right now, all their exclusives also come to pc

it's clear the ms is putting all its eggs in the "netflix of videogames" basket

Last edited:
We’ve already heard multiple times over that Microsoft doesn’t care *how* you subscribe and *where* you play, just that you play it on GamePass.

Currently, the following platforms are set up for GamePass via streaming:
-Xbox
-PC
-iOS (and by extension, Mac)
-Android

Rumored Platforms for GamePass streaming:
-Switch

Notice there would be only one major platform completely left out in the cold, and that’s the PlayStation.

Make it streaming only to start on PS4/5, then allow PS5 to download games and play. This way Sony gets CoD back on their console.

Eventually, folks are playing Halo: Infinite on their PS5 and this whole damn board will melt down so spectacularly that Chernobyl will look minuscule in comparison.

Top Bottom