• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Activision/Blizzard games be available in PlayStation or be Xbox exclusives?

Will Activision/Blizzard games be exclusive to Xbox?

• Yes, all games will be exclusives (minus already exclusive deals with PS made before acquisition)

• No, they will also be available in PlayStation

• They will only be timed exclusive

• Some franchises will be exclusives, some will still come out on PlayStation

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There might be some exceptions similar to Minecraft, but in general everything is going Xbox/PC only for sure. The main reason MS is doing all of this is to kill PlayStation and build a gaming monopoly where gamers have no other option but to go with MS.

There might be some exceptions similar to Minecraft, but in general everything is going Xbox/PC only for sure. The main reason MS is doing all of this is to kill PlayStation and build a gaming monopoly where gamers have no other option but to go with MS.
Not while EA still exists

Aenima

Lol, are we having the same debate as when Bugthesda was purchased? We already know the answer. Current games or deals will be available on PS, new games will be exclusive.
While i dont care for Activision games, COD IP is massive and is a system seller for the casual market. Should be interesting to see how much it will shift the console market once the next COD will only be available for PC and Xbox.

Lol, are we having the same debate as when Bugthesda was purchased? We already know the answer. Current games or deals will be available on PS, new games will be exclusive.
While i dont care for Activision games, COD IP is massive and is a system seller for the casual market. Should be interesting to see how much it will shift the console market once the next COD will only be available for PC and Xbox.

Exactly what % of Sony gamers give a enough shits about COD so much it would make them move to M$?

15%? 99% who are 14 or younger

Last edited:
Supervisors? You mean arguing something like it's anti-competitive behaviour
Yes.

I don't have a side though, Activision games don't interest me, but it's the type of purchase that puts, say, EA on the market. Which I also don't care for, but... I don't think it's good that the behemoths become manufacturer staples.

Or perhaps it'll open space for other developers in that space, we'll see.
Entertainment industry acquisitions are virtually never blocked, at least not in the US by the FTC.
I see. Makes sense with all the shit Disney bought in the last decade I guess.

EDIT: EA should wip out new Medal of Honor games asap.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Enjoy modern warfare 2 because if you dont have a game pass platform in the house its your last.

id expect some sort of warzone 2 at some point, also exclusive.

Omegaking

Banned
Will Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog's games be Playstation exclusives? People ask weird questions sometimes.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Yes they will. In fact I reckon MS has bought Activision and will hand it over to Sony so its IP's can be developed exclusively on the PS5.

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks this sale can be blocked by supervisors?

Think Nvidia buying ARM, Activision is just too big.

Disney be like:
Donald Duck Lol GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Playstation: "We buy exclusive deals so PlayStation users gets the most exclusive content"
Microsoft: "Well we just bought Activision lmao"

Kacho

Gold Member
I think it will be exactly like the Zenimax deal. Existing multiplayer games will remain on the platforms they’re on and continue to receive updates. The big new games will be Xbox exclusive.

Banned
I would tell Sony---New God of War and Spiderman on Xbox for COD on PS5.

honestly if these kind of acquisitions continue to happen, this could actually become reality even if it sounds absurd currently.

at some point Sony and MS will have enough IPs closed off from the other platform that stuff like this could happen

Last edited:
I see. Makes sense with all the shit Disney bought in the last decade I guess.
There's a whole diatribe I could go on about the role of Antitrust legislation in the modern era, but the TL;DR version is that entertainment as an industry is not worth the time/headache. Plus this acquisition is meant to benefit consumers by, at least in theory, decreasing prices and improving accessibility. It's not like the oil barons of the 1800s who would buy out all competitors and jack up prices.

Aenima

Exactly what % of Sony gamers give a enough shits about COD so much it would make them move to M$?

15%? 99% who are 14 or younger
COD is contatly in top of the charts for a reason. COD is huge for the casual market. I know ppl that buy playstation consoles just to play CoD, Fifa and GTA. COD is now gone, and i would not be shocked anymore if MS tried to get the other 2 as well.

Holammer

I'm kinda split on this issue. COD is a golden goose so they can't stop selling it on Playstation (and a couple of games in the series are no doubt already contracted), but on the other hand? It would be a literal console war ending coup de grâce.

It's mindblowing to think that MS spent more money on Activision-Blizzard, which does includes a ton of good studios, than Nintendo is valued at.
Do they have their eyes on EA & Ubisoft too?

I'm kinda split on this issue. COD is a golden goose so they can't stop selling it on Playstation (and a couple of games in the series are no doubt already contracted), but on the other hand? It would be a literal console war ending coup de grâce.

It's mindblowing to think that MS spent more money on Activision-Blizzard, which does includes a ton of good studios, than Nintendo is valued at.
Do they have their eyes on EA & Ubisoft too?

One would assume so

COD will not be exclusive I don’t think
I can clearly see Warzone being available everywhere, like Minecraft.

But perhaps not the main signle player ones. Also, they need to tidy that house, CoD-tiredness is a thing and Activision strategy was basically pulling a Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero with it.

Top Bottom