• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikileaks publishes searchable database of hacked Sony documents and emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
So Gawker found this. Oh boy.

bk4whkrnxfozanuhl2r2.png

email looks strange out of context? well i never.

Parham

Banned
Erikawa at Koei Tecmo provided a helping hand during Mario deal, from the sounds of it:
Hi Amy,

Great news all around. I am forwarding you an e-mail from Mrs. Erikawa, someone you should meet. She is the most successful woman in Japan. She has a top of the line video game company. She and her husband became good friends of ours and has been very supportive and instrumental to the Mario deal. Now we just have to figure out how to close something like that. We are in good shape. xo

The one mention of Miyamoto in these conversations comes from Erikawa:
As the most extensive media mix collaboration for any game company, all major television stations attended to report on it, and Miyamoto-san was there to advertise the WiiU and he was very pleased with the event. When I told him that you were also very happy about the Mario movie adaptation, he said “I’m sorry it took 6 years. Thank you for so much for your support.”

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
My gods.. we have more power than we have ever realized

Future line in sony movie
(Regarding the first page)

Didnt realise wikileaks was getting into the Hollywood news biz and ditching the whole champions of privacy thing.

Considering that Sony has high-profile connections with government officials and lobbyists, MPAA, and various political fundraising and machinations, I can see why it would be made public. I don't know about THE WHOLE THING like was posted here, but there is certainly data within that is relevant to the public interest.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Been procrastinating on actual work and pouring over this all afternoon.

Some things:
—There were talks about Gareth Evans (Raid dude) doing a Golgo 13 adaptation. He and Kaz bonded over their shared admiration of the anime at Raid 2 premiere. Evans is instead doing some Yakuza movie (Blister?) I guess. Evans was on a shortlist of directors who former Sony head Amy Pascal thought Sony "must" make a movie with.
—Ellen Page's people sued Sony because there was an accessible nude model of her in the game.
—Bobby Kotick not a fan of the World of Warcraft movie deal.
—Activision also hates Spider-Man games because they have to pay tens of millions in profits to Sony
—Activision and Atari were in talks(?) for Underworld budget game.
— Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer followup described as a cross betweeen E.T. and Dr. Strangelove. About a conflict between vegan activists and a Monsanto type company.
—Mark Cuban threatened to leave Shark Tank or something because he was insulted over deal points.
—Phil Lord/Chris Miller (Sony's favs) were on a wishlist of post-Fincher directors for the Steve Jobs movies along the typical awards season luminaries.
—There's an oddly compelling notes email on a draft of a Candyland script Adam Sandler wrote(?) wherein Pascal complains Sandler's script does not depict school field trips realistically.
—Matthew Vaughn
an asshat I'd like to add
attached to something called Apollo Rising.
—Sony liked Chrissy Hemsworth for Uncharted. Apparently they're developing some Bourne-style movie for him though also too.
—Paul Feig is probs getting $10M+ for Ghostbusters.
— Rupert Wyatt has some idea for a Planet of the Robots trilogy.
—The head of Marvel forwards Israeli security reports to the head of Sony
—When criticizing a Spider-Man 2 draft, one Marvel person dismissively says something would be "ok for comic books, but not for cartoon animation." Apparently there was some confusion post-Amazing Spider-Man at Marvel about whether it was a reboot. Kevin Feige pointed to the difference of the Spider-Man spider bites in both Spidey one movies as evidence that it is definitely a reboot.
—There was talking about contemporizing BioShock for the script of a film.
—Sony was talking to the estate of C.S. Lewis, or as one email puts it: "the Narnia estate."
— Rian Johnson wants to do something original after Star Wars. Sony execs really, really wanted to do a new project with him.
—Gwyneth Paltrow wants to make a movie with Beyonce.
—Paul Greengrass wants to do some western with Daniel Day-Lewis.
— Brad Bird, James Gunn and Joe Cornish were approached for Ghostbusters 3.
—JC Chandor was interested in Channing Tatum's Evil Knievel biopic. Sony approached Spike Jonze as a possible director.
—Brian Helgeland was mulling a remake of The Professionals.
—Sony exec says Splinter Cell is a " movie doesn't feel like it needs to exist"
—Rightsholders of Dr. Seuss's 5000 Fingers of Dr. T wanted to get Spielberg to remake the film. Spielberg was not interested. Apparently they are turning it into a book? Also wanted to Will Ferrell & Steve Carell to star in it and turn it into a franchise.
—Blomkamp wanted to make a found footage horror movie.
—Anne Hathaway was interested in Ghostbusters at one point.
—Blomkamp wanted $1M for closing shot of Chappie. Sony denied this.
—There was a Roland Emmerich project Singularity that was intended to be the start of a new superhero franchise. Apparently very Lucy-esque.
—Talk of a 2012 sequel called 2025.
—They are making a Monkees movie with Simon Cowell(?), but it's called the Monkeys and they are like CGI musical monkeys. Wanted Edgar Wright to direct.
—Galifinakis turned down Angry Birds, so they went for Josh Gad.
—Cedric Jimenez is working on Watch Dogs.

I wasn't here before asm2 released so I'm not sure on what everyone's saying about that. I liked it though. It certainly wasn't perfect but it may be the best spiderman movie i've ever seen. However, I would take spiderman in the mcu any over a continuation of that series in its own universe.

I've always liked Sony. Especially their incredible Bravia line of TVs. I wish I had one...
I want this in my living room. one day.

i'm guessing this is supposed to mean everyone is talking marvel on the off topic..? what's that got to do with this thread though?

Yzao6IP.png

At one point they considered their Spidey Universe to have bee, TASM3, S6, Venom, and then, just Spider-Man 4, it's worded like it would've been a crossover of both Raimi and TASM, Shattered Dimension/Spider-Verse style? Huh. Interesting.

Parham

Banned
—Activision also hates Spider-Man games because they have to pay tens of millions in profits to Sony.

There is a game licensing presentation from November 2010 that details some of the terms for their licensed games:

5Zj2I26.png

XReJeFA.png

The presentation is called SPE Games Licensing Business: Growth Strategy Discussion.

Nyoro SF

There is a game licensing presentation from November 2010 that details some of the terms for their licensed games:

http://i.imgur.com/5Zj2I26.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XReJeFA.png[IMG]

The presentation is called [I]SPE Games Licensing Business: Growth Strategy Discussion[/I].[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the royalty awarded increases the more profitable the mobile game becomes.

After doing some random searches, I actually came across a few resumes. That would be rather troublesome for some people who submitted a resume to Sony while still working at the same job I guess...

joedan

One set of GAF members say Wikileaks is wrong to post the content. Another set of members are busy searching the content and posting it on GAF. From D Sterling to The Fappening to the Sony leak, what lies in the refuge of "newsworthy" seems to depend on the audience.

Vomiaouaf

One set of GAF members say Wikileaks is wrong to post the content. Another set of members are busy searching the content and posting it on GAF. From D Sterling to The Fappening to the Sony leak, what lies in the refuge of "newsworthy" seems to depend on the audience.

There is an in-between that Wikileaks never will be able to reach though. I don't disagree with the general concept of leaking bulk data, but there are major ethical concerns when it comes to the release of personal information. I just found the cell phone number, email address, physical address and bank account numbers for a person I don't even know. With a bit more digging around and very little conscience, I could pretty much ruin their lives. How is making this information public helping anyone's freedom of access to information? It's definitely something that can be received with mixed feelings and polarized reactions.

EDIT: My post says in a long form what you said in a shorter way. I agree with you, basically.

Joni

This is highly unethical. It is one thing to leak government documentation which involves secrets and lies everybody is affected by comparing to putting online the personal information of people that just are victims of a cybercrime.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Erikawa at Koei Tecmo provided a helping hand during Mario deal, from the sounds of it:

The one mention of Miyamoto in these conversations comes from Erikawa:

Nintendo and kei tecmo are so tight, safe to say there will be even more collabs in the future.

entremet

Bwahaha

Also, doesn't WikiLeaks just publish leaks regardless of how ethical it may be to do so? Not trying to defend it, but I was more surprised it took this long.

Edit:
FUCKING HELL

They don't give a shit :(

Wrong division!

This is Sony Pictures, not SCEA.

Nice that they have Shadow of the Colossus in the "tent pole" category as of mid-2014. Still hoping that works out.

edit: still alive as of nov. 2014. In a speech they state there are 3 movies based on games. No Metal Gear in sight, unsurprisingly.

There's a leaked script of the Uncharted movie on there but I'm not sure how current it is. I'm not even sure if I want to read it yet.
Found it. There are two drafts from July 2014.
I don't know if i want to read it or not too. Would be pretty cool to read a movie that's not coming out for more than a year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Didnt realise wikileaks was getting into the Hollywood news biz and ditching the whole champions of privacy thing.

errr, wikileaks are the ones that broke the story about us bombings in afghanistan, you're maybe thinking of edward snowden, who isn't connected to wikileaks in any way ?

errr, wikileaks are the ones that broke the story about us bombings in afghanistan, you're maybe thinking of edward snowden, who isn't connected to wikileaks in any way ?

Before Wikileaks no one knew US bombed in Afghanistan ? Or was it the amazing reveal that people die in bombings ?

Shiggy

Sucks quite a lot for Sony employees and contractors. But I'm a curious person and thus like the information we are getting.

Circinus

A lot of information about the Uncharted film. None of our business of course. Incredibly shitty to publish the whole thing.

Websites that use this unlawfully obtained information to publish stories and to get traffic on their websites are extremely dubious as well.

Bwahaha

Also, doesn't WikiLeaks just publish leaks regardless of how ethical it may be to do so? Not trying to defend it, but I was more surprised it took this long.

Edit:
FUCKING HELL

They don't give a shit :(

Why would a film studio care about Crash Bandicoot? A film adaptation of Crash Bandicoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom