• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii FPS Analysis: How BAD Is Red Steel Really? Wii's First Flop

matty3092

Never played red steel just remember in the UK anyway seeing the TV ad for it constantly looks like I didn't miss much.

UnNamed

Banned
Generic but not bad. Technically good for it's time, ruined by the infamous fake bullshot, easy to play with the wiimote, the only problem imho was the sword movement wasn't 1:1 as they did in the sequel.

It was bad, the IR pointer movement was off and the waggle unresponsive. Still, I actually managed to get through it, so i've had worse. The subject was also not interesting but the wii was new so I carried on. Medal of honor heroes 2 was a vast improvement in pointer controls.

Red Steel was pretty basic and the controls were stiff as a board.

Red Steel 2 was a pretty good game though. It fixed the controls to the point they were some of the best motion controls on the platform and the Samurai Cowboy thing was interesting too.

HE1NZ

Banned
Red Steel was 30 fps, Red Steel 2 was 60 fps. This made RS2 control so well. Hyped for Skyward Sword 60fps!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Generic but not bad. Technically good for it's time, ruined by the infamous fake bullshot, easy to play with the wiimote, the only problem imho was the sword movement wasn't 1:1 as they did in the sequel.
Sequel needs a switch port.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Was a flop? It sold more than a million

The problem was the marketing. Way more stuffed than the real game. Only Red Steel 2 that delivered what they intended

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's no Battle Arena Toshinden, that's for sure..

Top Bottom