• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wife of former Tarzan star Ron Ely stabbed by their son

GreyHorace

Former Miss Florida Valerie Ely Stabbed to Death by Son Just Feet Away from Tarzan Star Husband Ron

Local deputies later fatally shot the suspect, Valerie and Ron's 30-year-old son Cameron Ely, outside of the couple's Santa Barbara home

The woman who was fatally stabbed inside actor Ron Ely‘s Santa Barbara home has been identified as his wife Valerie Lundeen Ely, authorities confirmed on Wednesday.

To make the tragedy even more devastating, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office announced that the gruesome act had been committed by Valerie and Ron’s son, Cameron Ely. Cameron was later shot and killed by deputies.

A spokesperson with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office (SBCSO) tells PEOPLE that officers responded to a 911 call placed at the Elys’ home at 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday.

When they arrived at the scene, deputies found Valerie, 62, dead inside the home with “multiple stab wounds,” and identified the suspect as 30-year-old Cameron.

Ron, 81, who is best known for his titular role in the 1960s Tarzan television series, was home at the time of the incident but had trouble communicating with officers because of a medical condition that impeded his speech, authorities said according to KTLA.

Still, he was able to tell them that another family member was involved in the stabbing of his wife, which occurred at the exclusive Hope Ranch home.

Such a tragic turn of events. I never watched Ely as Tarzan, but I'd heard it was one of the better live action versions of the character. It's sad that his wife was killed, but the fact that it was his son who did it is heartbreaking.

Oh. And check out this completely braindead news coverage of the tragedy by E! News. If this what passes for celebrity news today, I'm glad to remain ignorant.

Blade2.0

Well fuck. RIP to them. Wonder what drove it to happen. Would hate to be that dude, though. I don't know how I'd live with something like that happening.

Top Bottom