• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wierd things that bother you in games..

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Degardable wepins in game s liek Breathe of the wilderness or that clown ass cutie-e stuff residential Evil 4 pulls with the press X and O to not get wangpaled by the gambinos tenlacles

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Are you referring to the ones that at a distance fit into pixelated 2D figures and when you get closer they become 3D?

For example the skelletons?

1:09

Yeah pretty much like that example for me is resident evil 3 the game runs at 60fps but if there’s a zombie like only 10ft away it drops down to like 15fps

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I want to play and I get this fucking message.

ps5_downloads_uploads_god_of_war_3840.jpg

2020-11-09-image-28.jpg

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The fucking loud ass MOANING Leon makes when on low health in RE 2 remake

I dont mind it with Claire

CGNoire

Disappearing bodies. I get it for older consoles, but surely by now that doesn't need to happen -_- Let me bask in my carnage :(
This isnt a weird complaint this is a rather serious one. Shit fucking pisses me off. Looking at you Doom and Doom like gore fests.

CGNoire

- Fighting soulless generic robots like Gears 4 with the DBs and Halo 4/5 with the prometheans 😴
Yep I cant stand shooting robots in general very often cause that metal on metal sound when your attacking them with either bullets or metal weapons just sounds like no damage is ever really being communicated. Like metal on metal just sounds like ricocheting bullets. So unfullfilling and the resson I couldnt finish HZD. God I wish that game was about regular dinosaurs.

CGNoire

Are you referring to the ones that at a distance fit into pixelated 2D figures and when you get closer they become 3D?

For example the skelletons?

1:09

This reminds me. Huge melee war scenes in RTS games where every enemy is just spawning the same move over and over and not even trying to align to who there fighting. Looking at you Creative Assembly.

Phase

Going deep into the menus, then pressing back, back, back, back to get back to the game only to remember I could have just pressed start to instantly return to game. That really grinds my gears.
Glad I'm not the only one who just repeatedly presses back to get out of menus in every game lol

diffusionx

Gold Member
I mentioned this in another thread but Aloy's slide in Forbidden West is absolutely brutal for me. Hit the button and she moves like the entire world is covered with a slip-and-slide. It's ridiculous. I honestly might have to put the game down because of this.

Last edited:

geary

The walking/running in some 3rd person games...Not many nail the correct pace for slow walk / walk / run...

Freeman76

In Ragnarok when playing as Atreus you can clear of room of 20 mobs in seconds.

Then, when playing as Kratos with Atreus helping out, he cant even handle a single mob on his own. Makes no sense to me

Invisible walls or blockers. The first thing that come into my mind are outside of the Seven Heaven in FF7R there are tables/chairs to the left and right that look like they are far enough from the wall to walk Cloud through. Nope. Trying to go between them and the wall is a wall. The second recent ones are in the center Village area in RE8. You can't jump over this entire fence...only some....that are all the same height. You also can't crawl under in areas that are more than half your height.

The other is visible pop-in, once I notice it I can't stop noticing it. I'm not a BotW hater but for a modern game the ground clutter quality changing from almost flat to full so close was almost impossible for me to stop noticing.

Robb

Gold Member
Too much to list I think. Everything from things like forced walking to minor stuff like not seeing reflections in mirrors.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Games that take control away from me. I adore the half life series for keeping you 100% in control the whole time, from opening to credits. I wish more games would do this.

MiguelItUp

- Disappearing bodies
- Lack of impact when hitting/shooting enemies (missing animation, blood spurts, etc.)
- Pop-in/Pop-out
- Lack of ragdoll :)
- Framerate dips
- 30 FPS
- Texture tearing and flickering
- Crashes. The easier to reproduce, the more annoying, especially from "big" studios.
- Extremely obnoxious or overly annoying characters
- Forced walking segments (though some are exempt), hell forced segments in general that players can't skip or fast forward
- Extremely hand hold-y tutorials that are forced to playthrough
- Grammar errors, especially from AAA studios
- Funky or weird collision. Especially instances where enemies have no collision, but players do. Like attacking in a hallway where a player can't do it, but an enemy can.
- Bad UI
- Bugs that are easily reproducible and haven't been fixed

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
- How everyone just happily converses with the silent protagonist, who just sits there like a dumbass.

- Katanas/Swords/Lightsabers whittling down that enemy health bar. Cutting weapons that literally do nothing visual to the enemy.

- Chonky low resolution U.I. Button prompts that say I’m a lazy console port from two gens back.

- Covering up cleavage

- Scrawny characters wielding massive weapons. Looks ridiculous.

- eSports

Aenima

Tiny subtitles with no option to enlarge them.
Some devs just seem to create games with monitors in mind and forget that subtitles need to be larger on TVs to be read from a distance. CDPR was pretty bad at this with both Witcher 3 and Gwent being really hard to read not only subtitles but inventory text. They patched the games later with larger fonts, and Cyberpunk dont have this problem. But with more games having accessebility options, large font size should be a mandatory option.

Sega seems to be one of the few devs with default subtitles that are as big as the ones i see on movies.

Top Bottom