• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The True Start Of The Xbox Series X|S Generation Is Now | The Wait For Xbox Exclusives Is Over

Honestly there is no generations with Xbox. I've been with them since Gears of War released no 360. And its been a smooth transition.

I dont look at Xbox, like here is my Series X games, here is my XB1 games. Its just Xbox. I will play Saints Row 1.....then switch to Forza Horizon 4. Its just one big ecosystem. And everything plays nice with each other.

Meanwhile i still have to plug in my PS3 to play a game like inFAMOUS 2. Granted i can play inFAMOUS 2 on PS Now. But then i don't have access to my save file and i have to rely on my internet connection as it doesn't allow me to download the game to my harddrive.

sainraja

I know some people will never accept it, but for just $10-$15 per month, without any type of price increase, yes, that indeed does make any and all new game additions effectively free. Want to tell all Game Pass Ultimate subscribers we had to pay for EA Play when it was added at no additional cost? I mean, you could, but it wouldn't be accurate. Access to an EA Play subscription with full access to the vault of games was given to Game Pass Ultimate Subscribers 100% free of additional charge.

What surprises me often about effects to downplay Xbox Game Pass is that the very people doing so are no doubt likely Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+ or Hulu subscribers, or at the very least are taking advantage of something eerily similar. Go ahead and tell me how I've somehow had to individually pay for every episode of invincible I've watched on Amazon Prime Video, or how I've paid for every episode of WandaVision or Loki on Disney+ that I've binge watched, or how my access to HBO Max (which comes courtesy of my Verizon Fios Cable Package) is somehow costing me extra to have when it's a free perk of something I was already paying for for years. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate I pay a one-time monthly fee, that doesn't ever increase regardless of how many new games are added, to have full access to all existing and new games on the service. And yes, so long as a game is still present on Game Pass, I actually do own it as well as every other game included, because that's what I'm paying for, access to a games subscription service.

Short version Yes, new games are added completely free all the time. And, yes, an Xbox Game Pass subscription does represent full game ownership. Telling people they don't own anything on game pass is like telling people they don't own their house because they pay a mortgage, or that they don't own the internet or cell phone service they're using because they have to pay monthly to keep it active.
Ah, interesting. Now try cancelling the subscription(s) and let's see what happens.

sainraja

Every game divided by the monthly cost is literally less than 2 cents, and it gets smaller with every new addition...

The price never increases no matter how many new games are added. What do you think that means? You think each time more games are added the hundreds of existing games plus the new ones are JUST $10-$15?

Try to buy every game coming to game pass by the end of the year, you're easily looking at over $500. How about every game that has come to game pass this year alone? Over $1000 easy.

$120-$180 a year with Game Pass vs over $1000 per year. Oh yes, forgot about EA Play games, so more expensive still. Without game pass can you ever get the majority of the absolute biggest releases for a games platform without having to spend a single penny more than what you're already spending? The answer is no.

If there is no price increase by the time Starfield and Redfall drop next year, Xbox Game Pass owners the world over will have gotten every game up to that point at no additional cost, aka free.
Everyone understands the benefits of a subscriptions and it's pros and cons. When things normalize for Game Pass, we'll be paying $180 yearly which you've correctly pointed out. What you don't seem to understand is, that many people will not purchase every game that releases, that is available on Game Pass; their cost for playing games yearly could simply be the cost of a single game they purchase. You are just using circular logic.

If you like Game Pass, that's awesome. But to pretend it doesn't have a cost is a little crazy and borderline fanboyism. As long as Microsoft can keep adding more value to the service without increasing cost, they'll keep growing the service. Amazon Prime worked the same way for a while where Amazon kept adding things without increasing the cost but eventually they did raise the cost (and that is totally fine as long as the value and cost relation makes sense, everyone is free to unsubscribe.)

Last edited:

Wulfer

Ah, interesting. Now try cancelling the subscription(s) and let's see what happens.
Simple, I let Game Pass run out (if I want too) buy another XBL card. Next apply the new card and go back to Gold keeping all my games I owned before (Well I keep all my 360 games regardless of owning XBL or Game Pass so, I already had 100s of games to go back and play anyway.) . Thought you got me there for a minute. (j/k) I never had a question in my mind what I would do!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

I would absolutely LOVE if Joey Bay-be was the spokesperson for GP, imagine just listening to him absolutely winging it for 15 mins.

Last edited:
I know some people will never accept it, but for just $10-$15 per month, without any type of price increase, yes, that indeed does make any and all new game additions effectively free. Want to tell all Game Pass Ultimate subscribers we had to pay for EA Play when it was added at no additional cost? I mean, you could, but it wouldn't be accurate. Access to an EA Play subscription with full access to the vault of games was given to Game Pass Ultimate Subscribers 100% free of additional charge.

What surprises me often about effects to downplay Xbox Game Pass is that the very people doing so are no doubt likely Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+ or Hulu subscribers, or at the very least are taking advantage of something eerily similar. Go ahead and tell me how I've somehow had to individually pay for every episode of invincible I've watched on Amazon Prime Video, or how I've paid for every episode of WandaVision or Loki on Disney+ that I've binge watched, or how my access to HBO Max (which comes courtesy of my Verizon Fios Cable Package) is somehow costing me extra to have when it's a free perk of something I was already paying for for years. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate I pay a one-time monthly fee, that doesn't ever increase regardless of how many new games are added, to have full access to all existing and new games on the service. And yes, so long as a game is still present on Game Pass, I actually do own it as well as every other game included, because that's what I'm paying for, access to a games subscription service.

Short version Yes, new games are added completely free all the time. And, yes, an Xbox Game Pass subscription does represent full game ownership. Telling people they don't own anything on game pass is like telling people they don't own their house because they pay a mortgage, or that they don't own the internet or cell phone service they're using because they have to pay monthly to keep it active.
Phil Spencer thanks you for your game pass evangelical efforts.

HarryKS

Can not wait for these games to hit my X and waiting I have been doing.

I dunno I have a rather large Doberman that will bark his fool head off if someone tries to come in the house and will flat kill said person if they are dumb enough to actually make it in
Not at the same time. It barks then bites.

Last edited:

mxbison

We don't have shit in terms of new games, and the wait is far from over.

I have a GamePass sub on PC and only play old stuff.

I have a PS5 and only play old stuff.

I have a Switch and don't play it at all.

This generation is absolute trash so far, stop shilling for the companies.

DavidGzz

why don't you stop paying for a month and see if you can still access the games you think is free?

Yeah cause I'm going to be able to sell Returnal that I spent $70 on and only played 1/3 of before getting bored. I don't replay games unless they are fun RPGs like Dark Souls so being able to play them once is effectively free compared to $70 with the other system. That shit is huge. If it were the other way around I'd be talking PS Now up and wondering how anyone could laugh about it.

And I don't pay $15 a month. I upgraded Live which I pay for all the time anyway with $1 for 3 years. Insane.

sainraja

Yeah I agree, the simple fact is Gamepass has the cost of ~3 games (ann.) to be able to play ~300 games.
That is pretty much the point of subscriptions – offer access to a wide variety of content for a single cost, the list is still curated. It basically comes down to how people prefer to game or watch their content. With purchase/ownership, you get to pick and choose exactly what content you want to play and how much $ to invest. With a curated list of content, you get to explore and pick from that curated list. So if you're not interested in the ~300 games, paying the cost of ~3 games (ann.) doesn't do you any good.

With game pass, we have access to a good variety but it's not like we are credited with 300 redeem points that we can apply to any title we choose. I have Game Pass and lately I haven't played anything outside of Destiny 2 on it. Many of the other titles it offers, I have already played or tried before Game Pass was a thing. People here just need to respect other people's choices and why they might or might not want to go with a subscription or vice versa. Regardless the point was that it does have a cost that goes with it. No subscription service is free.

Only in gaming can a subscription service turn into a bullet point for a console war or a fanboy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Game Pass is excellent and will save me a shit ton of cash as the generation progresses but in no way, shape or form does the subscriber own any game on there. The subscriber doesn't own anything. Game Pass is like Netflix, Hulu, etc. It's a delivery service in which you gain access to in this case, hundreds of games for a monthly fee. Nothing more and nothing less.

TheMan

I realllly hope for Xbox’s sake that MSFS runs acceptably.
That said I’ve been playing on PC since launch. If they manage to pull it off then MSFs will make a great start to the era of nextbox exclusives

Reactions: Isa

pasterpl

That is pretty much the point of subscriptions – offer access to a wide variety of content for a single cost, the list is still curated. It basically comes down to how people prefer to game or watch their content. With purchase/ownership, you get to pick and choose exactly what content you want to play and how much $ to invest. With a curated list of content, you get to explore and pick from that curated list. So if you're not interested in the ~300 games, paying the cost of ~3 games (ann.) doesn't do you any good.

With game pass, we have access to a good variety but it's not like we are credited with 300 redeem points that we can apply to any title we choose. I have Game Pass and lately I haven't played anything outside of Destiny 2 on it. Many of the other titles it offers, I have already played or tried before Game Pass was a thing. People here just need to respect other people's choices and why they might or might not want to go with a subscription or vice versa. Regardless the point was that it does have a cost that goes with it. No subscription service is free.

Only in gaming can a subscription service turn into a bullet point for a console war or a fanboy.
That is exactly my thinking each time I am being attacked when I say that I didn’t like ghost of tsushima or when I say that I found Spider-Man and horizon zd extremely boring and not worth my time. People here cannot understand that everyone have different tastes.

I've been 100% all digital since 2012. I have hundreds of games in my library that I played once and never returned to. Gamepass is just another, cheap, way to access games.

Blond

Banned
You need to be more specific. You told me to stop paying for a month, and see if I still can play my games. I've successfully done this for 2-3 years because I've always paid for the whole year. So in order for me to lose access to my game pass subscription I'd have to stop paying for a whole year.

In fact, my first entry into Game Pass was an entire year + free of charge courtesy of Microsoft when I was at their E3 press conference (Xbox Fanfest). Different employees literally handed me multiple year passes. I wasn't the only one either, everybody got them.

Damn, we have professional shills up in this bitch now.

Damn, we have professional shills up in this bitch now.

Jim Carrey 90S GIF

Just add context, that's how Xbox treats their fans. At every fanfest Microsoft loads up 500+ of their fans with all kinds of free shit. Free gaming headphones, external drives, free games, free subscriptions, you name it. All 500 Xbox Fanfest attendees in 2017 in LA all received these. Inside that black fanfest card holder is a year worth of game pass. Despite the card holder already having a year + of game pass, execs while standing around handed us even more.

wWMxkje.jpg

CYLpWvU.jpg

iXarNm6.jpg

VyWsGZ9.jpg

JYye2UI.jpg

mnEhGCV.jpg

Xbox spoils its fans.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Are you just taking a piss, or are you actually serious? Holy shit you're reaching.

What did he say that was "reaching"? Not a single game I've played this year has been on Game Pass. That's me. For others, every game they wanted to play may have been on the service. I think the point he is making is that the service isn't necessarily for everyone all the time.

sainraja

That is exactly my thinking each time I am being attacked when I say that I didn’t like ghost of tsushima or when I say that I found Spider-Man and horizon zd extremely boring and not worth my time. People here cannot understand that everyone have different tastes.
Then you should go say that to people who are attacking you for disliking those games. Link me to the thread and I will say it for you, if for some reason you are unable to do so. :D

Or how will he feel when the subscription price goes up and he don't want to pay.
All the games disappear!

I make way too much money for that to ever be a concern.

It's so funny to read people telling me. "Now cancel it and watch it all go away!" No...? I don't want to get rid of HBO Max that I get with my cable package, I don't want to cancel netflix that I get with my t-mobile phone, I don't want to cancel disney + that I'm paying for. I'm also paying for paramount + and Amazon Prime, and I don't want to cancel those. I'll go months and not order off Amazon sometimes, and I keep my prime subscription anyway.

Hell, I even pay to have over 2TB of Google Drive storage so all my videos and photos are backed up in max quality from my note 20 ultra. I also pay for youtube monthly, so I don't ever see commercials or advertisements before clicking on videos, and so that I can turn off my phone screen and still be listening youtube uninterrupted. I subscribe to lots of shit. Game Pass is right up my alley.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Based on who he was responding to, I am indeed.

I don't know why people would ever think that even if game pass' price increases it would ever be an issue for me. I pay far more monthly for things much less useful or exciting as my gaming hobby. :)
It will be a huge issue, a KILLER issue for casuals that they are trying to secure.

sainraja

Based on who he was responding to, I am indeed.

I don't know why people would ever think that even if game pass' price increases it would ever be an issue for me. I pay far more monthly for things much less useful or exciting as my gaming hobby. :)
Oh I didn't say it was going to be an issue for you or that it wasn't going to be an issue for you. But, with this post, you've at-least acknowledged that there is a monthly payment. :)

Last edited:
Oh I didn't say it was going to be an issue for your or that it wasn't going to be an issue for you. But, with this post, we've got you to acknowledge that there is a monthly payment. :)

I did that many posts ago. :)

Me calling it free was intentional pot stirring since I know it gets people's neck up lol.

Topher

Gold Member
Based on who he was responding to, I am indeed. I don't know why people would ever think that even if game pass' price increases it would ever be an issue for me. I pay far more monthly for things much less useful or exciting as my gaming hobby. :)

Why bother with a value service like Game Pass if you are filthy rich and throw your money around so casually?

Since you are bragging, how much money do you make a year?

Last edited:

sainraja

I make way too much money for that to ever be a concern.

It's so funny to read people telling me. "Now cancel it and watch it all go away!" No...? I don't want to get rid of HBO Max that I get with my cable package, I don't want to cancel netflix that I get with my t-mobile phone, I don't want to cancel disney + that I'm paying for. I'm also paying for paramount + and Amazon Prime, and I don't want to cancel those. I'll go months and not order off Amazon sometimes, and I keep my prime subscription anyway.

Hell, I even pay to have over 2TB of Google Drive storage so all my videos and photos are backed up in max quality from my note 20 ultra. I also pay for youtube monthly, so I don't ever see commercials or advertisements before clicking on videos, and so that I can turn off my phone screen and still be listening youtube uninterrupted. I subscribe to lots of shit. Game Pass is right up my alley.
You should at-least be upfront about why the question is even being come up (is it really funny?) I mean, you say one thing and then totally flip the script by responding with basically: "I can spend money on whatever I choose", well no one is really questioning that. We all make choices on where to spend our money.

Stop pretending as if it wasn't you who stated subscription is the same as buying something. If you are just console war/pot stirring then I guess should people even take what you say seriously?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Jim Carrey 90S GIF

Just add context, that's how Xbox treats their fans. At every fanfest Microsoft loads up 500+ of their fans with all kinds of free shit. Free gaming headphones, external drives, free games, free subscriptions, you name it. All 500 Xbox Fanfest attendees in 2017 in LA all received these. Inside that black fanfest card holder is a year worth of game pass. Despite the card holder already having a year + of game pass, execs while standing around handed us even more.

wWMxkje.jpg

CYLpWvU.jpg

iXarNm6.jpg

VyWsGZ9.jpg

JYye2UI.jpg

mnEhGCV.jpg

Xbox spoils its fans.

Eh... Cool?

Samsung also gives away tons of free stuff to fans/promoters to try and get them to be faithful to their brand, almost everything they make is just a poor copy of other companies stuff so they need to try and create a fantasy of class/quality without having to actually have it.

I don't think everything MS does within gaming is a poor copy of other brands at all, I'm not suggesting that, but saying "They give us loads of free stuff because we are loyal fans" is kind of a silly way of looking at it, they are doing that so you keep being a loyal fan, regardless if everything you saw at the 2017 fan showcase was a letdown.

Other companies don't do that because they prefer to build up brand loyalty just by making great products.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Having both PS5 and Series I have to say there isn't a big generational leap on next-gen exclusives anyway. On Ps5 I played Demon's souls and while its amazing I can't say its that much more impressive than, say, Doom Eternal on 120hz. I haven't bought Rift Apart yet, but what i've seen its yet another Ratchet game with not much changed bar the dimension shifts (which is fine, but I never buy them day one). Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 looks phenomenal, and its basically a last-gen game. Its one of the best looking games I have seen on console. I was also rather impressed by God of War, I went to 100% it on PS5. And even some upgraded 360 games, like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Mirrors Edge, look amazing on Series and are still perfectly playable.

The improvements are mostly elsewhere. Its DMCV Special with no load times and a gazliion enemies on screen on turbo mode that does it, 120hz in games like Doom and Gears. I think the graphics of those games are still fine when you put them next to DeS, Astrobot etc.

Last edited:
It will be a huge issue, a KILLER issue for casuals that they are trying to secure.

Well, you're discussing something that hasn't happened. The $10 game pass option is there just like it was since 2017. Microsoft simply added a higher value offering for $5 more. So long as they continue to tie any price increase to increased value that presents no obstacle to casuals.

$5 more got you Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass on PC and Xbox, EA Play and Xcloud.

Why bother with a value service like Game Pass if you are filthy rich and throw your money around so casually?

Since you are bragging, how much money do you make a year?

You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you the amount, but I'm a regional manager based in New York for a major technology company. Companies we work with include Apple, Sony, Adobe, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and many more. We don't just work big company contracts, but smaller companies too, and we work with individuals also if they can afford us. But since I've been in my new position we regularly sponsor or donate some of our services free of charge to local business owners or smaller establishments to demonstrate how we can help improve their operations. It's a good way to advertise what we do for folks who don't know, and our referrals went through the roof afterwards. So there's room for growth there.

I always thought I made good money, but last year just right before COVID the company got hit with a major emergency endangering not only some of our bigger fortune 500 clients, but our government ones as well. Management was on a warpath, pissed off at why the guy they put in charge didn't plan for such a situation. I won't say he didn't have a plan, but he was already dealing with a ton of shit when he was hit with that clusterfuck, and then in that position with everybody looking to you for direction he kinda started looking at all the worst case scenarios and it stressed the guy out to the point that it was a mess. Management got upset at a seeming delay and fired him. Me being next in their crosshairs as the most senior person after him kinda didn't want that pressure all on me, so I appealed to have him reinstated. They did so at my urging, but two days into working on the issue his worst fears were kind of realized, and so he just decided he needed to step away because it was too much stress. Left to me I kinda took a "well fuck it, if they're gonna fire me, they're gonna fire me. I can only work so fast" approach and just organized the staff and people on hand to just straight up ignore certain things and focus instead on what I felt was more important. We worked for nearly 2 weeks, only going home 3 days, rest of the days were spent dealing with the emergency, sleeping next to servers, outside server rooms, in hallways and offices lol, and we got it fixed. By the end I was given a higher role and increased pay matching their appreciation I guess (kinda still deserve more for what I did though :messenger_grinning_sweat: ) Also got management to agree to pay raises for everybody who helped me do what I did since I felt they deserved it too.

The main work aside, I also maintain many private contracts relating to radio stations (only one big, rest small no name stations), recording studios, hospitals, universities, hotels and even clothing stores. I personally consulted on and helped design a key part of Chase bank's network security back in 2007-2008 that I'm proud to say has remained flawless even when other things around it didn't meet the same standard. That same work with Chase landed me a private cybersecurity contract with a major U.S. political party that began in early 2018. I've kept my scope on that intentionally small because they refuse to provide me the access I would need to truly guarantee my work, and I won't set myself up to be a scapegoat when I'm proven correct, so I've intentionally deployed a limited solution that has been effectively proving my point now for about 3 years. Prior to that though, the same thing I designed for chase, I designed and deployed a version of for the energy company Con Edison between 2014-2016 along with something else that, according to them, has saved them lots of money in dealing with their various sub contractors.

Also have a few famous actors/actresses and sports athletes as clients. One of the actresses was going to attend E3 2020 with me along with her husband when we initially thought there was going to be one prior to COVID because they want to get more into videogame voice acting and just generally get to know more about the industry as a whole, so I felt E3 was a great place to do that. And finally, I'm a longtime federal government independent contractor, separate from the contracts my job has.

Not everything I do for all these people/companies is all the same, it's all different, or else there would be no way in hell I could manage it all. That's kinda been the advantage of the people I've met and the situations I've found myself in. Referrals, references, friends, people who just enjoyed your company, people who gave me a chance when I didn't have any actual experience, just book learning. I wouldn't be anywhere without all of those things and a shit ton of luck, can't lie.

In conclusion, I make pretty good money. But that doesn't mean I don't love a good deal when I see one. I'm from a Jamaican immigrant family where at times we didn't even know if we were going to have anywhere to live day to day, week to week or month to month, so I was kinda always taught to see money differently. For the first big job I ever had I literally use to hand my mother up to 70% or more of what I made believing surely she would always make the best decision on what to do with it, and I can make due with what I keep and what I've been saving separately. It only took my clueless behind 3 or 4 pay checks in to realize very quickly just how very bad an idea that was, and I changed approach in a hurry. And it's been smooth sailing since then. So while I may splurge on OLEDs and all kinds of electronics and other things I may not need from time to time, I do try my best to not be wasteful and value my dollar because I know what it's like when you don't have it to spend. Believe it or not, I don't even own or drive a car. I don't see game pass as a mere value service. I see it being a legit option to doing it any other way for even hardcore gamers because of the games that are coming to in the coming years. Game Pass won't always fully satisfy me, and that's when I'll step out and go buy what game pass isn't able to provide me. Sometimes, for reasons specific to me, I'll even buy things already in game pass.

I like Game Pass, it's a cool as hell and convenient way to try out and play many more games than I would ever be willing to individually spend on just to give them a spin even with all the money in the world to support my gaming habit.

You should at-least be upfront about why the question is even being come up (is it really funny?) I mean, you say one thing and then totally flip the script by responding with basically: "I can spend money on whatever I choose", well no one is really questioning that. We all make choices on where to spend our money.

Stop pretending as if it wasn't you who stated subscription is the same as buying something. If you are just console war/pot stirring then I guess should people even take what you say seriously?

Why can't someone who spends for game pass feel like they own what's on game pass? If they can access to their heart's content the same as anyone else, I don't see what the issue is in them thinking that. I feel I own everything on netflix and disney + too. Is it a big deal how I see the stuff on HBO Max, Disney+ or Game Pass?

You're paying for it, so the service and all that service provides belongs to you until you decide to stop paying for it. That's how my internet service and cable and electricity bill works also.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well, you're discussing something that hasn't happened. The $10 game pass option is there just like it was since 2017. Microsoft simply added a higher value offering for $5 more. So long as they continue to tie any price increase to increased value that presents no obstacle to casuals.

$5 more got you Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass on PC and Xbox, EA Play and Xcloud.

You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you the amount, but I'm a regional manager based in New York for a major technology company. Companies we work with include Apple, Sony, Adobe, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and many more. We don't just work big company contracts, but smaller companies too, and we work with individuals also if they can afford us. But since I've been in my new position we regularly sponsor or donate some of our services free of charge to local business owners or smaller establishments to demonstrate how we can help improve their operations. It's a good way to advertise what we do for folks who don't know, and our referrals went through the roof afterwards. So there's room for growth there.

I always thought I made good money, but last year just right before COVID the company got hit with a major emergency endangering not only some of our bigger fortune 500 clients, but our government ones as well. Management was on a warpath, pissed off at why the guy they put in charge didn't plan for such a situation. I won't say he didn't have a plan, but he was already dealing with a ton of shit when he was hit with that clusterfuck, and then in that position with everybody looking to you for direction he kinda started looking at all the worst case scenarios and it stressed the guy out to the point that it was a mess. Management got upset at a seeming delay and fired him. Me being next in their crosshairs as the most senior person after him kinda didn't want that pressure all on me, so I appealed to have him reinstated. They did so at my urging, but two days into working on the issue his worst fears were kind of realized, and so he just decided he needed to step away because it was too much stress. Left to me I kinda took a "well fuck it, if they're gonna fire me, they're gonna fire me. I can only work so fast" approach and just organized the staff and people on hand to just straight up ignore certain things and focus instead on what I felt was more important. We worked for nearly 2 weeks, only going home 3 days, rest of the days were spent dealing with the emergency, sleeping next to servers, outside server rooms, in hallways and offices lol, and we got it fixed. By the end I was given a higher role and increased pay matching their appreciation I guess (kinda still deserve more for what I did though :messenger_grinning_sweat: ) Also got management to agree to pay raises for everybody who helped me do what I did since I felt they deserved it too.

The main work aside, I also maintain many private contracts relating to radio stations (only one big, rest small no name stations), recording studios, hospitals, universities, hotels and even clothing stores. I personally consulted on and helped design a key part of Chase bank's network security back in 2007-2008 that I'm proud to say has remained flawless even when other things around it didn't meet the same standard. That same work with Chase landed me a private cybersecurity contract with a major U.S. political party that began in early 2018. I've kept my scope on that intentionally small because they refuse to provide me the access I would need to truly guarantee my work, and I won't set myself up to be a scapegoat when I'm proven correct, so I've intentionally deployed a limited solution that has been effectively proving my point now for about 3 years. Prior to that though, the same thing I designed for chase, I designed and deployed a version of for the energy company Con Edison between 2014-2016 along with something else that, according to them, has saved them lots of money in dealing with their various sub contractors.

Also have a few famous actors/actresses and sports athletes as clients. One of the actresses was going to attend E3 2020 with me along with her husband when we initially thought there was going to be one prior to COVID because they want to get more into videogame voice acting and just generally get to know more about the industry as a whole, so I felt E3 was a great place to do that. And finally, I'm a longtime federal government independent contractor, separate from the contracts my job has.

Not everything I do for all these people/companies is all the same, it's all different, or else there would be no way in hell I could manage it all. That's kinda been the advantage of the people I've met and the situations I've found myself in. Referrals, references, friends, people who just enjoyed your company, people who gave me a chance when I didn't have any actual experience, just book learning. I wouldn't be anywhere without all of those things and a shit ton of luck, can't lie.

In conclusion, I make pretty good money. But that doesn't mean I don't love a good deal when I see one. I'm from a Jamaican immigrant family where at times we didn't even know if we were going to have anywhere to live day to day, week to week or month to month, so I was kinda always taught to see money differently. For the first big job I ever had I literally use to hand my mother up to 70% or more of what I made believing surely she would always make the best decision on what to do with it, and I can make due with what I keep and what I've been saving separately. It only took my clueless behind 3 or 4 pay checks in to realize very quickly just how very bad an idea that was, and I changed approach in a hurry. And it's been smooth sailing since then. So while I may splurge on OLEDs and all kinds of electronics and other things I may not need from time to time, I do try my best to not be wasteful and value my dollar because I know what it's like when you don't have it to spend. Believe it or not, I don't even own or drive a car. I don't see game pass as a mere value service. I see it being a legit option to doing it any other way for even hardcore gamers because of the games that are coming to in the coming years. Game Pass won't always fully satisfy me, and that's when I'll step out and go buy what game pass isn't able to provide me. Sometimes, for reasons specific to me, I'll even buy things already in game pass.

I like Game Pass, it's a cool as hell and convenient way to try out and play many more games than I would ever be willing to individually spend on just to give them a spin even with all the money in the world to support my gaming habit.
Cool man.

Can you lend me £20 please?

I’m only joking mate.

Cool, cool I thought so, but you never know. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Back when I was disappointed I couldn't get my Series X after constant trying and after Costco bizarrely canceled my pre-order, I literally ended up just giving away all the money I planned to spend on it to people who needed help over twitter. it actually felt really damn good to do that because it genuinely helped some people who were in tough situations. By the end I gave twice what I initially planned to.

Top Bottom