• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The True Start Of The Xbox Series X|S Generation Is Now | The Wait For Xbox Exclusives Is Over

Markio128

Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

yeah flight sim looks great but i couldnt care less about it. after the novelty of the graphics wears off, it'll be boring as shit. it also already released on pc. im talking about the first awesome new game to hit series x and thats forza horizon 5.
For many 1st true Series X showcase game was Gears 5 Hivebuster. Its rare for DLC to end up looking much better than main game graphically. Visual improvement of Hivebuster is proof that it was designed for nextgen 1st then scale down for Xbox one.

Last edited:

Wulfer

Look MS has been doing amazing work lately and you can't question that. Phil or no Phil Xbox has moved mountains from where they were with the XB1 reveal. Phil has been masterful at delivering the image/direction MS plans for Xbox in the years ahead. This was never going to be a fast recovery it was always going to be a slow one especially with the consumer base. Step 1 was to erase Xb1 with the XboxOneX and deliver a powerful machine they promised with the XB1. Step 2 was to add new values that gamers wanted (Something Sony wouldn't commit too / felt they didn't need too) and that was Backward Compatible gaming, Cross-Play gaming and making PC/Xbox operate on the same system. BC effectively changed the the XBoxOneX and Series systems to Legacy systems. Again, giving gamers something they wanted while chipping away at the hate for their consoles. MS has always wanted to combine PC and Xbox and this time they succeeded. Xbox could effectively now play most of its library while adding to its userbase. Then Team Xbox did something the consumer base didn't expect. They not only made these games BC but, they made them better (Something Sony and Nintnedo won't do without full remasters). This reveal put a whole lot of egg on Sony and Nintendo for the years "we can't do BC and if we do, it won't be that great" statements. After that, Xbox moved back to PC and said guys we know you don't believe what we're doing is real so, here's your proof Steam and Value have teamed with us to make PC the best place to play XGS games. MS's next move was genius and did something gamers thought was crazy or thought MS would drop after a year or two. They introduced GamePass and Game Pass Ulimate. GAmePass had two aces in the hole the service would get first party Xbox games Day One and PC gamers (with Ultimate) could play on both platforms! This move had Sony/Nintendo fans screaming "you're crazy and it can't be done". I typed a lot here but, what you saw was a steady increase in Xbox userbase and fandom. The lastest move Xcloud is about to get the full reveal when MS proves Xcloud works on consoles just like it has on mobile gaming with the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator. See gamers have already been shifting either to have multiple consoles or to have a GamePass connected device in their future.( See what I did there) GamePass connected device doesn't mean you have to buy Xbox but, it does mean you'll have one of these devices (you may have it already) all MS has too do is prove it means business in gaming. Well 7.5 billion dollars sure speaks loudly and the title wave of games about to release is about to have the same affect that Sea of Thieves had. SOT was a slow burn and now it sits at number one. The game would have clearly failed without GamePass. I would argue without the success of Sea of Thieves (showing GP's strengths) GamePass would not be where it is today. See MS is slowly unbolting Sony's strangle hold on the industry. MS is using its money to show they can stand and surpass the best and proving they won't be pushed around. See the days of "MS has no games is over" I would like to thank all the gamers who pushed that mantra into the ground to the point MS couldn't take it no longer!

Last edited:
For many 1st true Series X showcase game was Gears 5 Hivebuster. Its rare for DLC to end up looking much better than main game graphically. Visual improvement of Hivebuster is proof that it was designed for nextgen 1st then scale down for Xbox one.

Some studios are just wizards when it comes to the visual department. The coalition is one such studio.

Hezekiah

Banned
Exclusives wise, I had Gears Tactics back at launch and will have Halo Infinite in November while I had Miles Morales at launch and Ratchet a few weeks ago for PS5. Despite a bad first year, for me personally, both will end up being tied at 2 when it comes to exclusives.

First half of 2021 belonged to Sony but second half of 2021 will belong to Microsoft. Flight Simulator releases in the coming weeks and in the fall, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite will put Xbox ahead overall for 2021. 2022 and beyond will be even better for Xbox fans if they can hit on their one exclusive per quarter goal. Oh man, this is going to be the best generation for Xbox by far!!!

Hyped!!!!!
giphy.gif

catvonpee

Wow I didn't know Scorn was coming out in October. I am really looking forward to it!
The Ascent and Flight Sim soon, and Diablo 2, Far Cry, Scorn in October, and the single-player part of Crossfire, Forza, and Halo Infinite for the end of the year.

I am very excited 😁

Genx3

yeah i want you to explain that, you telling me i can pay 1 month and have access to games on gamepass forever? how can you access gamepass without paying tell me and i'll go sub right now
Just sign up for Bing rewards and you'll eventually be able to do just that.

Fredrik

Just sign up for Bing rewards and you'll eventually be able to do just that.
Eventually… I just checked and you need 42000 points for 3 months of Gamepass Ultimate. How long will it take for the guy to get the lifetime sub he requested?

Genx3

Eventually… I just checked and you need 42000 points for 3 months of Gamepass Ultimate. How long will it take for the guy to get the lifetime sub he requested?
I didn't say it was easy, just that it can be done. Imagine if it were easy, no one would pay for it and it wouldn't be sustainable.

I get you but you need to stop saying it’s free when it’s not, even if you’re just being silly. It’s a dangerous way of thinking. It’s just a subscription. You’re still paying. Quite a bit over time really.

During the 360 gen I had some fun and added up the monthly costs for the Xbox Live Gold subscription over the generation, 7 years, and compared it to the real free online gaming on PS3.

Owning PS3 ended up costing less than owning the 360… Yet people made fun of the $599 price point for PS3…

That’s how subscriptions work. It adds up over time. It can still be worth it depending on how much you use it but it’s important to know that you actually don’t own anything at all in end, you’re just paying to have access to the content as long as you’re paying. Kinda like PS+ games, Stadia Pro games, a leased car, Netflix movies, etc. Once you end the sub you’re left with nothing at all except less money on the bank.

For me $15 per month doesn't add up over time. It's quite literally nothing for me, to the point that it might as well be free for me with my income. $15 per month to me is quite literally like less than a dollar. I tip nearly 3 times that amount just on an average doordash and uber eats order, which would generally be 20 or more times a month. I spend in excess of anywhere from $800-$3300 monthly on things I never need, just things I want. So if I can do that, then surely $15 for my favorite past time is well worth it.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I agree with the statement.... looking forward to the next few years with my Series X.

But the video... I gave it 2 minutes and the guy didn't say anything. Reminds me of one of my wife's TLC shows. Don't be so flippant with people's precious time.

Fredrik

For me $15 per month doesn't add up over time. It's quite literally nothing for me, to the point that it might as well be free for me with my income. $15 per month to me is quite literally like less than a dollar. I tip nearly 3 times that amount just on an average doordash and uber eats order, which would generally be 20 or more times a month. I spend in excess of anywhere from $800-$3300 monthly on things I never need, just things I want. So if I can do that, then surely $15 for my favorite past time is well worth it.
Lol fair enough you’re not short on cash. It’s still wrong to say $15/month is free though. I subscribe to lots of services, if it’s cheap enough I don’t care but at $10+/month I start to hesitate, it definitely add up and at some point I start thinking it’s enough and starts to cull the subs.

Currently I subscribe to:
Gamepass Ultimate ($5 through prepaying)
Geforce Now ($6 as founder)
Apple Arcade ($6)
Apple TV+ ($6)
Netflix ($16)
Disney+ ($7)
Viaplay ($13)
Spotify ($11)

=$70/month on entertainment alone.
$840/year. $8400/decade.

I’m not against subscriptions. It’s great. But it’s not free.

Last edited:
Lol fair enough you’re not short on cash. It’s still wrong to say $15/month is free though. I subscribe to lots of services, if it’s cheap enough I don’t care but at $10+/month I start to hesitate, it definitely add up and at some point I start thinking it’s enough and starts to cull the subs.

Currently I subscribe to:
Gamepass Ultimate ($5 through prepaying)
Geforce Now ($6 as founder)
Apple Arcade ($6)
Apple TV+ ($6)
Netflix ($16)
Disney+ ($7)
Viaplay ($13)
Spotify ($11)

=$70/month on entertainment alone.
$840/year. $8400/decade.

I’m not against subscriptions. It’s great. But it’s not free.
Why isn't the best deal in gaming PS+ in there?

Kuranghi

You're math is crazed, you just said you're tipping $45 on a meal, 20+ times a month. So lets say be generous and say thats 25% of the bill, thats $180 per meal and $225 in total.

20x $225 is $4500.

YOU SPEND FOUR AND A HALF THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH ON EATING OUT/TAKEAWAYS?!??

I think it might be cheaper to hire a personal chef.

Incidentally, whats your profession?

Finally. What will phils catchphrase at E3 next year be? He can finally retire biggest year for games yet.

On a serious note im waiting for back for blood launches to sub to game pass.

Xbox superb back compat made me happy they had no launch games because I got to tackle my backlog but often with FPS boost. Got to play Hollow Knight 120fps, Dishonored boosted, get into ESO with 60fps boost, dark souls 2 and then beat the sony games I wanted to like demons souls and intergrade. Now that their first party is picking up I'm really looking forward to diving into them. I think flight sim is the defining mark of the consistent outpour of xbox games. Flood gates seem to be opening up massively.

coffinbirth

They paid 180$ upfront, then say, they paid 1$. Its too funny with these guys.

The point of gamepass is managing your money. Spending 180$ at once defeats that purpose. Yes, you will get 2 free years, but that would also mean, you are stuck to the service.
This is nonsense. I ALREADY had XBL Gold for three years, and applied the Game Pass $1 promo. I bought a Series X, so I was ALWAYS going to be paying for XBL, genius.

coffinbirth

Wow I didn't know Scorn was coming out in October. I am really looking forward to it!
The Ascent and Flight Sim soon, and Diablo 2, Far Cry, Scorn in October, and the single-player part of Crossfire, Forza, and Halo Infinite for the end of the year.

I am very excited 😁
Note that not every game has an arrow pointing to it's release window, Scorn being among them. It shows The Gunk above Dec., but I'm almost certain in comes out in September...

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Can not wait for these games to hit my X and waiting I have been doing.

A dog that barks can't bite.

I dunno I have a rather large Doberman that will bark his fool head off if someone tries to come in the house and will flat kill said person if they are dumb enough to actually make it in

The second half belongs to Microsoft? The drought is over? They have great exclusives available right now? Gamepass will dominate the industry despite it being out for years? Isn’t this premature celebrating yet again? Shouldn’t we let these games come out before we declare Sony and Nintendo are screwed and the lack of quality games is over first? I’m not really too worried about games like Forza because they are usually good, but how do we know these unknown games, future will be ground-breaking and amazing?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
We'll see how the 2nd half plays out but PS5 already has Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Guilty Gear Strive for this year and Horizon Forbidden West may very well be on track

Topher

Gold Member

Receipts Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

kyoji

It's crazy right!? Almost as crazy as having access to hundreds of games and day 1 releases for only $9.99/month and if you’re new you can even get 3 months right now for only $1!
Good boy heres a treat.

people will take notice when something is worth while on its own merit, the fact that you have certain people who sound like paid advertisements repeating the same shit over and over well you get the picture or maybe you dont 💁

Top Bottom