• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why TF are dogs allowed in the cities?

Lunarorbit

Don't even start with "dog is a man's best friend", "a member of our family", "don't tell me what to do", bla, bla, bla.

Listen - here's the deal: you want a dog you get a damn house with a garden. Do not keep them in the damn apartment in the city full of cars and people.

1. They piss on the street - and you cannot clean this. So all the buildings have all the time piss stains, stone discoloration, etc.

2. They shit and people don't clean after them - I don't know, maybe there should be a dog tax (if there isn't already), or it should go up by 500% with all the profits being dedicated to cleaning the streets EVERY DAMN DAY, since this is how often I see the shit on the street while walking with kids. I never caught anyone, which probably means fuckers go out at 6am when there is nobody around.

You have a garden, no problem, dog can do their thing over there. If you live in an apartment in the city - get a damn cat, they are the right animals for your situation. Or a turtle, rabbit, goldfish.
You can get piss off the streets. If you ever go by bourbon street at 7:30 am you'll smell it way before you see it.

It's disgusting obviously

Lunarorbit

ooohh you said bitch

Shocked Uh Oh GIF

ban people in cities. only dogs.
A bitch is a female dog. That's where the term came from.

Fbh

Dogs are fine everywhere as long as they have responsible owners and there's some sort of enforced regulations on responsible ownership.

Where I live there's none of that so yeah they are annoying. Dog shit and piss everywhere, barking non stop 24/7, lots of street dogs, most residential areas full of dogs on the street as people make zero effort in ensuring their dogs don't leave their properties (most of them aren't nurtured either so it results in even more street dogs), etc

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

op is out of touch with reality living in his own fantasy world
People > Animals, get your priorities straight. Me (and others) wanting to have a proper and clean city trumps your need to have a furry creature at home.

Last edited:

GreenAlien

I'm paying like 110€ dog tax a year.. In exchange I get.. free dog shit bags.

It's pretty unfair, because cat owners.. a big chunk of them let their cat roam free.. don't have to pay anything. Neither do people who get drunk and break glas on the street or barf all over it... Why are dogs singled out?

420bits

I cannot do anything about flying fuckers, but I can about dogs.
You could stay inside? Preferably underground and no windows and you wouldn't have to see any poop other than your own and if you got some kind of vaccum-toilet from space-x it could possibly suck the shit out of your ass and you wouldn't even see your own!

On a more serious note, I do think pet-owners who doesn't clean up the shit should have it smeared in their face, it's not that hard and if you "forgot a bag" you're a lying piece of shit who just don't care / don't wanna pick up shit. If you have a pet who you do walk, fill your pockets with bags, tie 5 of them to your leash and fucking do it!
It's the owners responsibility, dogs are animals and they don't know better so leave the dogs alone and be bad at their owners.
So start shaming the owners, get a shovel and fling the shit on them. Harder to do with the piss, but i dunno, a giant syringe and pull it up and squirt it out?

niilokin

Don't even start with "dog is a man's best friend", "a member of our family", "don't tell me what to do", bla, bla, bla.

Listen - here's the deal: you want a dog you get a damn house with a garden. Do not keep them in the damn apartment in the city full of cars and people.

1. They piss on the street - and you cannot clean this. So all the buildings have all the time piss stains, stone discoloration, etc.

2. They shit and people don't clean after them - I don't know, maybe there should be a dog tax (if there isn't already), or it should go up by 500% with all the profits being dedicated to cleaning the streets EVERY DAMN DAY, since this is how often I see the shit on the street while walking with kids. I never caught anyone, which probably means fuckers go out at 6am when there is nobody around.

You have a garden, no problem, dog can do their thing over there. If you live in an apartment in the city - get a damn cat, they are the right animals for your situation. Or a turtle, rabbit, goldfish.
- dog is a man's best friend

- is a member of our family

- don't tell me what to do

- bla bla bla

Banjo64

cumsessed
People > Animals, get your priorities straight. Me (and others) wanting to have a proper and clean city trumps your need to have a furry creature at home.
Tramps are tramps mate.

If a scruffy bastard won’t even pick up their own dogs shit from the pavement where the neighbourhood children walk, then it’s a person problem. Not a dog problem.

I love my dog, and I pick up her shit twice a day, because I love where I live.

IMvkYd5.png

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
How is that enforced?

Here in the city I live in the United States, people are purposely neglectful, sometimes straight up malicious. They don't clean dog shit. And let their dogs piss in the concrete sidewalks. There's seemingly no reliable way to enforce the clean up law.

The really conscientious dog owners train their dogs to piss and shit by the trees instead of the concrete sidewalks, and pick up their dogs' shit. But anecdotally I've found those kinds of owners to be the exception rather than the rule.

For 3 out of the 4 seasons of the year, I enjoy jogging/running outside almost daily, and half the time I'm running I have to look down at the sidewalk because I might step on a pool of dog piss or a pile of dog shit. (There's the issue of piss pools generated by humans, too, but that's not the main subject of the thread.)

If law enforcement catch you not cleaning up after your dog then they'll give you a on the spot fine. Then there is CCTV or people snitching on other people. To be honest, majority of people in the UK clean up after their dog anyway.

Soon we could be catching owners with a dog DNA database.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
My advice on those specific cases are pick up your dogs poop you need to walk your dog, visit the park. You can have a dog in the city if you can handle it.

Dog GIF by The Dodo

jdforge

Banned
Without dogs there is no dogging.

Without dogging the divorce rate would be astronomical and the family unit as we know it destroyed forever.

Therefore, dogs are the unsung saviours of civilisation the world over.

thefool

I can empathically relate with what you described. Dogs, in cities, are a sanitary issue which, like many things, we simple overlook. The domestication has also lead to hinder the development of their natural abilities.
Dogs deserve to be dogs and we can't even seem to do that right.

clarky

Gold Member
I've been to your "cities" dogs are the least of your problems. Start with banning yourself that should clean up the place a fair bit.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Don't even start with "Californian is a minority's best friend", "a member of our family", "don't tell me what to do", bla, bla, bla.

2. They shit and people don't clean after them - I don't know, maybe there should be a Californian tax (if there isn't already), or it should go up by 500% with all the profits being dedicated to cleaning the streets EVERY DAMN DAY, since this is how often I see the shit on the street while walking with kids. I never caught anyone, which probably means fuckers go out at 6am when there is nobody around.

You have a garden, no problem, Californians can do their thing over there. If you live in an apartment in the city - get a damn cat, they are the right animals for your situation. Or a turtle, rabbit, goldfish.

BigBooper

What if hobos went around looking for dog poop and they pooped on top of it to cover it up? There's a compromise.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Thought you were describing the humans of SanFran for a minute there.

Wait, this is a clever switcheroo, innit?

Cyberpunkd

Thought you were describing the humans of SanFran for a minute there.

Wait, this is a clever switcheroo, innit?
I don't live in SF, but I know what you mean (Tenderloin). When I heard (and saw) this place I was like:

lucious lyon wtf GIF

This is like Champs-Elysees in Paris being taken over by homeless.

sCHOCOLATE

Nevermind the streets.
Few things spoil my morning like heading to the stairwell in my building, opening the stairwell door, and seeing pools of animal piss or turds on the cold hard concrete...

poodaddy

Dogs > people
This all day.

Dogs might piss and shit, but at least they're honest and they're loyal. More than I can say for humans.

If I had the choice to replace 85% of the populace of my local city with animals I'd go for it in a second. Just keep enough around to keep the electricity going, the water clean, and the coffee shops open; everything else can go to the hounds.

plushyp

Dogs > people
Bad owners with no idea how to train a dog. It's not the fault of the dog.
ooohh you said bitch

Shocked Uh Oh GIF

ban people in cities. only dogs.
dogs > people
This all day.

Dogs might piss and shit, but at least they're honest and they're loyal. More than I can say for humans.

If I had the choice to replace 85% of the populace of my local city with animals I'd go for it in a second. Just keep enough around to keep the electricity going, the water clean, and the coffee shops open; everything else can go to the hounds.
Behind the scenes

dog-laptop.gif

Batiman

Banned
Well all of that would happen if they were homeless anyways. Do you think their would be less shit and piss in the cities if they everyone abandoned their dogs? Besides humans already got that covered in most major cities. Have you seen some cities where people don’t usually have household pets? It’s like a fuckin zoo. And no we shouldn’t just kill them all. And it’s not like we can just let them live with in the wild. Humans created what dogs are today.

Fuck anyone that doesn’t pick up their dogs shit tho

Last edited:

O-N-E

I don't think big animals like dogs should be indoors at all tbh.

No animals that roam free, really.

MrMephistoX

I've never seen dog shit just sitting in streets anywhere but I have seen homeless fucks just using streets as toilets and really, how the hell would you know if it's dog pee or not? It's more likely it's also homeless piss.
Like many things in life it’s shitty people not pets to blame. Living in SF Bay Area I can relate: all feces in the street human and pet should be finable. Bad owners are everywhere despite the fact that my neighborhood provides free bins and poop bags douchey owners still can’t be bothered to pick up shit. I’ve gotten to the point where I publicly shame serial pooper non scoopers on Nextdoor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom