• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why TF are dogs allowed in the cities?

KrakenIPA

The hotel I work at had to replace the rug that is outside of our entryway because a displaced person shat on the old one. The new one arrived last night. Tonight when I clocked on I was informed the a displaced person has shat on the new one.

Maybe cities could have designated dogparks /toilet stalls. Or they coul have a shite and piss patrol to clean up after all the animals that can't find a proper toilet. I dunno I'm not a city planner.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Maybe cities could have designated dogparks /toilet stalls. Or they coul have a shite and piss patrol to clean up after all the animals that can't find a proper toilet. I dunno I'm not a city planner.
The thing - Paris has a street cleaning crew where they spray water from high pressure jets, but I see them once every 1-2 weeks, and obviously within 24 hours the situation goes back to what it was.

thefool

Many cities already have regulations, designated places, etc. But its kinda hard for dogs to understand that (all would have to be trained rigorously). They eventually shit and piss where they want/need, and not like we can blame them.

Cities do in fact need some massive re-thinking but its not like this isn't an issue on smaller places. From experience I would say public dog hygiene can be even worse outside of cities but the low density mitigates the problem.

Miles708

Cities are barely made for humans, let alone animals.
That said, if you live in a flat and you own a dog , you're a bad person by default. Sorry.

Dogs by default are badly suited for indoor living, they bark all day all night, and you have to "force" an unnatural situation by bringing out your animal each day every day more than twice a day, regardless of weather.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if the fuckers didn't bark all the time. But dogs are either bullies, dumb, or both, so they bark day in day out.
But it's not the dog's fault. The poor thing is stupid.

But y'all. Y'all are assholes.

Last edited:

mxbison

Letting your dog shit on the sidewalk and not cleaning it up should have insane fees. Like 2000 dollar/euro or something.

Star-Lord

People > Animals
Say you had raised a large litter of dogs, say about ten. And for the next ten years, those dogs become your best friends. They remain obedient, loyal members of your family. And then, one day, during The Purge, a random psychopath stumbles into your house and threatens to kill every one of your dogs. What do you do?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Dogs are owned by humans, and humans reside in cities, which contribute to a. Pollution, b. Waste, and c. Progressive Liberals. Therefore, get rid of the cities, and we'll be in an eco friendly unspoiled paradise of conversatives and dogs shitting in the woods or wherever the fuck dogs used to be before domestication robbed them of all purpose and agency. It's a win win.

Top Bottom