• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Why Rebel Wilson’s weight loss is sad for so many women like me" article from Telegraph

Super Mario

Banned
Why do people keep bringing Democrats or Democratic Party into this. Majority of the fat women in the south I’ve seen are republicans and conservatives. The majority of “liberal” women around here are more into fitness and taking care of themselves.

People don't realize just how much everything has become political. Now, it's not on the presidential ticket that Trump hates fat people and Biden will help them. There is a reason behind the "body positivity" movement. You'll find many "victim groups" are defended vigirously by the media. That is to win them over. It's quite effective too. Imagine you are very fat, and are not going to change that. What sounds more appealing? The group that tells you it's gross and you need to fix it? Or the side that says you look amazing and everyone needs to agree? Sadly, too many people fall into this trap and will start to side with them on similar issues.

Thankfully, not everyone does. Just as you know fat women who are Republicans, there are many others who think outside of emotions. It's very hard to break emotional feelings for many.

Are you implying Women should regularly consult their Boswollocks-Bangometer to keep their weight under your renowned bangable threshold?
The boswollox-bang-o-meter is the universal standard for bangability. The units, measured in bosangs, or BS for short, are an increasing scale from 0 to 999.

The highest attainable Bosangs in the known universe is 999, held by Canadian singer and aesthetic Goddess, Avril Lavigne.

Rebel Wilson went from a 125 BS rating to a 450. Good job Rebel.

Stouffers

Banned
The boswollox-bang-o-meter is the universal standard for bangability. The units, measured in bosangs, or BS for short, are an increasing scale from 0 to 999.

The highest attainable Bosangs in the known universe is 999, held by Canadian singer and aesthetic Goddess, Avril Lavigne.

So
0 to .001 = unbangable
.00100000000000000000000000001 to 999 = bangable?

nush

Gold Member
Variable levels of bangable. From "yeah I suppose I would for something to do" to "I would die of starvation because I would be hanging out of the back of them 24/7"

The start in this context would be "Rebel, you're no oil painting but it would be something to tell my mates" surely?

cryptoadam

Banned

Go Canada

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
John Candy's weight was part of his character too. It didn't end well for him.

The man was a fucking legend though. A brilliant comic genius who lit up the god damn screen.

notseqi

Good job Rebel.

So
0 to .001 = unbangable
.00100000000000000000000000001 to 999 = bangable?
From 'No.' to 'I'd drag my dick through a mile of shards of glass to hear her fart through a broken walkie-talkie'.

This article would be like if a current alcoholic was upset because some celebrity alcoholic got sober.

It would happen. I bet if a bunch of popular celebrities, especially those known for drinking like Nick Offerman announced they were doing sober October there would be articles talking about how it's not right, he is shaming people, it's his white toxic masculinity. People will bend logic into pretzels, break it, and sow it back together if the end result is that they feel they are fine the way they are and don't need to do any hard work or make any life changes.

Last edited:

frostyxc

She got a shitload of surgery done I see.
I wonder if there's some ultra-rich black market for skin suits culled from the excess skin of the ultra obese who slim it down.

That chain of words will never be aligned in that way ever again. I should get a medal.

Enjay

Banned
I wonder if there's some ultra-rich black market for skin suits culled from the excess skin of the ultra obese who slim it down.

That chain of words will never be aligned in that way ever again. I should get a medal.
I've wondered this while strung out, like are there shifty medical workers out there that have stockpiles of sucked out fat or fetuses, or like does some veterinarian out there have a drawer full of dog balls.

Tschumi

I do not agree.

Obesity is a gigantic health issue. I'm not a fat hater, but it should be the goal of any person of weight like Wilson to lose that weight, like Wilson.

Being that heavy is not justifiable in any sense. It is a consequence of awful diet and lifestyle habits, or depression, or sometimes some form of "glandular" difficulties, only i have yet to be shown a doctor certificate or anything similar saying "this person has gland trouble and must eat an cheesecake with every ice cream breakfast".

Maybe you had little choice about being hugely obese because your parents were feeding you giant bowls of macaroni and cheese with pig's feet from the age of 3 (referencing touching fatsploitation film 'Precious'), or something equivalent, but those established habits are not permanent and can be overcome.

It is nice that people like Wilson have given overweight children and teenagers boosts to self esteem. That's fantastic, and hugely important in an increasingly intolerant and nasty would. But for that role to become an imperative on Wilson to promote and justify, and glamorise,a deadly condition, is too much.

I'm no rake, at 183cm (6ft) and and 95kg I'm about 10kg over my ideal weight, and i know how demoralising and hard it can be just to tackle that 10kg gap. I can hardly imagine what 100kg must look like. But morbidly obese people should take Wilson as motivation to know it can be done, they shouldn't be salty about it.

Top Bottom