• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is everyone ignoring Nintendo with this Gamepass bull****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream-Knife

Banned
If you only realized how few people in the real world care about Sonys exclusives.

Most people just play FIFA or COD. Sony's exclusives appeal to more of the core gamer market, and lack the wide appeal of Nintendo's titles. Gamepass actually only really overtakes single player games. Multiplayer games you play for months exclusively makes more sense to just buy outright.

Sony can resist, but come next gen they won't have the high numbers anymore.

Last edited:

Stuart360

F2P, GamePass, GAAS.

Look at Genshin Impacts success if you hate multiplayer. Full price games are dinosaurs. We're entering the age of mammals.
But that doesnt make any sense. Look at how many of those Sony single player games sell 10+mil. Look at how many single playr games have sold 20+mil on Switch.
I dont think single player games are going anywhere, and dont know why you would want them to.

I do get what you mean about Gamepass, F2P, etc, but i dont get what that has to do with single player games. There are tons of SP games on Gamepass for example.

As gamers, we should all want sony and Nintendo to copy, imagine a world where you get every first party games for all 3 systems, including back catalogs, plus most 3rd party games for $45 a month?
I dont see how this would be a bad thing.....
Like, for real tho - what everyone wants to pay 70 bucks for returnal or ratchet and clank? Imagine if you could just try em all out through a subscription service. Then you got naughty dog, god of war, horizon, etc? Are people fucking dumb

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
But that doesnt make any sense. Look at how many of those Sony single player games sell 10+mil. Look at how many single playr games have sold 20+mil on Switch.
I dont think single player games are going anywhere, and dont know why you would want them to.

I do get what you mean about Gamepass, F2P, etc, but i dont get what that has to do with single player games. There are tons of SP games on Gamepass for example.

F2P, GamePass, GAAS > Traditional price model.

Sony is going to have a harder and harder time selling big 20 hour single player games twice a year, when GamePass is like having Blockbuster in your home.

I think $70 dollar games can still succeed, but they can't be one and done 20 hour games moving forward. $70 dollars needs to keep players engaged. Nintendo is ahead of Sony in this regard.

Last edited:
I would quit gaming if that happened.

Just look how shitty modern movies are. Ive gone from watching 10 movies a year in theater, watch 5 movies a week to 2-3 a year. The quality is so fucking mediocre since streaming services took over.

Everything just ends up as this disposable sludge of mediocrity. Woke, bland, crap.
You’re watching the wrong shit then - there are genuinely great films being released. Quality hasn’t gone down at all you just have more options

tusharngf

Nintendo can do game pass as well if they decide to put all their old titles in it. It was surpass anything we have on game pass. Sony has an amazing library but they are promoting ps now which is not very accessible. Microsoft is doing everything perfect this gen. First they got all BC titles and now gamepass getting good games. Healthy competition is good for everyone. Even PC is getting playstation exclusives. We should be thankful to phil spencer for changing game industry. I never thought i will play horizon zero dawn on PC as i got the title with ps pro for full 60 bucks. I hope all platforms keeps their stores running and make every game playable on next gen.

Last edited:
So, this GP spells imminent and mortal danger to Sony’s and Playstation’s future, right? MLB 21, we can all agree, is a complete and total disaster. BUT, it’s still just a ⚾️ game, it barely was selling few millions before and it’s irrelevant as the most irrelevant thing ever outside of US. Outriders, on the other hand, doesn’t look good for Sony at all. Who in their right and informed mind would pay 70 💵 when it’s download and play on competition’s service? I’m really curious to see sales figures soon for this game on PS ecosystem.

But imagine if MS gets, for example, FIFA and CoD there! It’s gonna be game over, man, game over! Seriously.

Now, it may require Sony to adjust the game and introduce their version of this thing (PS Now + PS+ integration). So, Microsoft is destroying buying the game for full price on release date concept. And it all happens at the moment when Sony upped the price to 70$/80€ (the latter is truly disgraceful).

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales. So Microsoft will drag Sony down to its level but Nintendo will be la, la, la, I can’t hear you, we’re teflon, nothing can touch or disturb us.

I say NO.

Either the whole industry goes down this way or Sony stands its ground and continues to sells games on their platform for 60/70$ (even when they are on GP at the same time) and see what happens. If you all think Nintendo’s brand is so strong they can withstand all the changes but Sony’s isn’t, I say the hell with that. Let’s test world-known Sony loyalty (demand for PS5 is unprecedented at the moment after all). Don’t react to Microsoft. You have your exclusives (and two very good subscription services) and see where this leads third parties if they continue to buckle under Microsoft’s money.

TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.
Nintendo is on another league. They have survived all these years wirh their games and they'll keep doing it.

Sony on the other hand just doesn't have the franchises Nintendo has.

Also, Nintendo's hardware is unique, while PS5 and Xbox S X are practically the same.

Stuart360

Nintendo is on another league. They have survived all these years wirh their games and they'll keep doing it.

Sony on the other hand just doesn't have the franchises Nintendo has.

Also, Nintendo's hardware is unique, while PS5 and Xbox S X are practically the same.
Thats all down to personal taste, I'd take Sony's exclusive franchises over Nintendo any day of the week. Hell i'd take Halo, Forza, and Gears over Nintendo's exclusives.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

200.gif

Jokerevo

Banned
So, this GP spells imminent and mortal danger to Sony’s and Playstation’s future, right? MLB 21, we can all agree, is a complete and total disaster. BUT, it’s still just a ⚾️ game, it barely was selling few millions before and it’s irrelevant as the most irrelevant thing ever outside of US. Outriders, on the other hand, doesn’t look good for Sony at all. Who in their right and informed mind would pay 70 💵 when it’s download and play on competition’s service? I’m really curious to see sales figures soon for this game on PS ecosystem.

But imagine if MS gets, for example, FIFA and CoD there! It’s gonna be game over, man, game over! Seriously.

Now, it may require Sony to adjust the game and introduce their version of this thing (PS Now + PS+ integration). So, Microsoft is destroying buying the game for full price on release date concept. And it all happens at the moment when Sony upped the price to 70$/80€ (the latter is truly disgraceful).

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales. So Microsoft will drag Sony down to its level but Nintendo will be la, la, la, I can’t hear you, we’re teflon, nothing can touch or disturb us.

I say NO.

Either the whole industry goes down this way or Sony stands its ground and continues to sells games on their platform for 60/70$ (even when they are on GP at the same time) and see what happens. If you all think Nintendo’s brand is so strong they can withstand all the changes but Sony’s isn’t, I say the hell with that. Let’s test world-known Sony loyalty (demand for PS5 is unprecedented at the moment after all). Don’t react to Microsoft. You have your exclusives (and two very good subscription services) and see where this leads third parties if they continue to buckle under Microsoft’s money.

TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.
Lmao. What if they get fifa or Cod... Are you stupid? They would give up unit sales for rental? Wtf? Outriders will leave gamepass which is genius but I'm will to be PCF completely underestimated how well they would do in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom