• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is everyone ignoring Nintendo with this Gamepass bull****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So, this GP spells imminent and mortal danger to Sony’s and Playstation’s future, right? MLB 21, we can all agree, is a complete and total disaster. BUT, it’s still just a ⚾️ game, it barely was selling few millions before and it’s irrelevant as the most irrelevant thing ever outside of US. Outriders, on the other hand, doesn’t look good for Sony at all. Who in their right and informed mind would pay 70 💵 when it’s download and play on competition’s service? I’m really curious to see sales figures soon for this game on PS ecosystem.

But imagine if MS gets, for example, FIFA and CoD there! It’s gonna be game over, man, game over! Seriously.

Now, it may require Sony to adjust the game and introduce their version of this thing (PS Now + PS+ integration). So, Microsoft is destroying buying the game for full price on release date concept. And it all happens at the moment when Sony upped the price to 70$/80€ (the latter is truly disgraceful).

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales. So Microsoft will drag Sony down to its level but Nintendo will be la, la, la, I can’t hear you, we’re teflon, nothing can touch or disturb us.

I say NO.

Either the whole industry goes down this way or Sony stands its ground and continues to sells games on their platform for 60/70$ (even when they are on GP at the same time) and see what happens. If you all think Nintendo’s brand is so strong they can withstand all the changes but Sony’s isn’t, I say the hell with that. Let’s test world-known Sony loyalty (demand for PS5 is unprecedented at the moment after all). Don’t react to Microsoft. You have your exclusives (and two very good subscription services) and see where this leads third parties if they continue to buckle under Microsoft’s money.

TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.

I think FIFA and COD should all be included in GP, PS Plus, PS Now. Those games don't deserve full price. And for Outriders, it's $60 on PS5. But it was the opposite with Control UE being day one on PS Plus. This is healthy competition. I hope Sony evolves PS Plus and Collection as a reaction.

PhaseJump

Banned
Remember when I questioned the sneaky marketing about gamepass! How it wasn’t “natural”, the insane amount of “opinions” on gaming media?
Congratulations, it worked, now we gamers think the service is the second coming of Jesus or something like that!!

Most people here defending gamepass or wanting it on another platform don’t even use it! They are just starting console wars.

I have no opinion on the service because I’m still waiting for a fix of gamepass on PC, if you aren’t in America, MS is so slow at costumer support ! So those are the facts I can tell about my experience...

Anyway we will see down the road how this non realistic overhyped service will pan out in a few months/years

Commentary comparing game pass to a nefarious astroturfing scheme similar to the second coming of Christ, on Easter Sunday.

You win the internet for a few minutes. Pat yourself on the back for the thread whining, non-opinion, complaint against Microsoft anyway; again. You've earned it.

Op is salty! He's complaining because his favourite platform isn't as rich as Microsoft.

The Joker Popcorn GIF

Oh nintendo is there with Sony too, they are currently asking $60 for each game(many third parties too)and selling millions of them,if GamePass doesn't take over Nintendo will start asking for $70 one day.they would probably prefer that than losing money on a subscription model

But i think both Sony and nintendo can adapt if 'worst' happens, they are business savy companies with tons of value
They might raise to $70 but they might not. Their titles sell for years without a price drop. It could be a completely different calculation for them.

Zeroing

Banned
Commentary comparing game pass to a nefarious astroturfing scheme similar to the second coming of Christ, on Easter Sunday.

You win the internet for a few minutes. Pat yourself on the back for the thread whining, non-opinion, complaint against Microsoft anyway; again. You've earned it.
Did you got your feelings hurt?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If people are really shitting their pants now due to Game Pass, oh man, I can't wait to see all the people crying rivers as 2021 and beyond play out. Get ready because Outriders and MLB The Show 21 are ONLY the beginning. Let's go!!!! LMAO!!!

M16

Yes it is.

I know in MS fanboy land we have to pretend this is world changing news, but most people don't care about this. Much less are they going to buy a console and ditch an ecosystem over it.

As usual reality is going to have to come in and remind people of how the market really is
$70 is alot of money for alot of people. and im talking about the combination of games that all of a sudden become irrelevant by sony fans once they come to microsofts console.
and lol at ecosystem. this isnt a phone that you can only carry around one when you "upgrade". you dont carry consoles so your old shit will continue to work on your old console if you buy something else.

Last edited:
TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.
Are you retarded?

I take it you love Sony so much you don't welcome competition even if it means you will save money. Faaaaaaaaaan boy!
You will not get the same (or a true equivalents) for less money, and if that seems like it's the case now,this is because MS are doing all they can to grow the userbase in order to maintain a steady income flow (their benefit--not yours)... Then you'll keep paying, pay for Microsoft's gamepass to play doom/skyrim / 6 og xbox games, pay for PSNow to get god of war / the last of us / the million other things Sony does. Then Nintendo will offer ninpass where you pay an 8-bit/16-bit/64-bit/etc. Tiered access. Steam and Epic jump in ans offer whatever it is they can.

Next thing you know gaming is like cable TV, you get "channels" and you spend $100+us per month to get all your games--on a rotating schedule where saves are locked to each service, and a few markee titles are offered (and other markee titles are removed). All this instead of spending 60/70$ 3 or 4 times a year + the discounted games you buy.

This os very short sighted to say registration services are there to "save" money, they are money printing services for their providers.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know "gamepass/xcloud on Switch" threads have been long ongoing on gaming forums, so not sure about that.

Zeroing

Banned
No. My feelings are never hurt. I am a clown, here to make jokes and take nothing too seriously. I have been dead inside since 1994, when Super Punch Out's copy protection screen popped up and erased my #1 scores.
We all can relate to that!

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I've said this for years.

The 20 hour single player game at full price is the most unhealthy business model in the industry. It needs to end

It also happens to be Sonys bread and butter, which people have a difficult time with.

sunnysideup

Banned

The 20 hour single player game at full price is the most unhealthy business model in the industry. It needs to end

It also happens to be Sonys bread and butter, which people have a difficult time with.

Yea because we all love the alternative. Which is the horrible crap that is served elsewhere filled to brim with gaas, f2p.

I don’t get how or why people are against having a gamepass service on ps - the value would be insane. But really everybody needs to chill the fuck out it’s embarrassing they are videogames

JLB

Banned
I don’t get how or why people are against having a gamepass service on ps - the value would be insane. But really everybody needs to chill the fuck out it’s embarrassing they are videogames
fanboyism.
Im old enough to remember some very fine people saying they will NEVER ever pay for online multiplayer.
Same thing here, the day Sony release Sonypass they will be the first to sub.

Last edited:

GruntosUK

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales.
They’ve got a sale on now, just bought my son New Super Mario Bros.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Yea because we all love the alternative. Which is the horrible crap that is served elsewhere filled to brim with gaas, f2p.

It's like you've been raised in a dank basement and you're hissing at the sunlight now that you're free.

F2P + GamePass + GAAS is better for developers and it's better for gamers because it rewards player engagement rather than FOMO cash register cha-ching's.

Cravis

Everyone screaming the sky is falling with Gamepass, did you do the same when Netflix rolled into town?

Larogue

TLDR "Rip me off harder, charge me more, $70 not enough, don't settle for less, Master"

jau42mt.jpg

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
As gamers, we should all want sony and Nintendo to copy, imagine a world where you get every first party games for all 3 systems, including back catalogs, plus most 3rd party games for $45 a month?
I dont see how this would be a bad thing.....

Stuart360

As gamers, we should all want sony and Nintendo to copy, imagine a world where you get every first party games for all 3 systems, including back catalogs, plus most 3rd party games for $45 a month?
I dont see how this would be a bad thing.....
Its obvious thats the way its going. It happened with music, it happened with movies, it happened with TV. It will happen with gaming.
The only question is if it will happen before streaming takes over.

TalentedMrJ

-GP isn't that great. Huge collection of average games
-Nintendo makes the best games PERIOD
-My Series S now resides in my daughters room where she plays Fortnite, Humans Fall Flat, and Hello Neighbor
-I drag it into living room from time to time, browse GP, play on match of 2k21, and return it to her room
-Monster Hunter Rise is the best thing out right now
-Sony will be fine once they get the ball rolling with their exclusives. Right now there's nothing to play on PS5
-OP is a huge fanboy

sunnysideup

Banned
I would quit gaming if that happened.

Just look how shitty modern movies are. Ive gone from watching 10 movies a year in theater, watch 5 movies a week to 2-3 a year. The quality is so fucking mediocre since streaming services took over.

Everything just ends up as this disposable sludge of mediocrity. Woke, bland, crap.

Last edited:

SegaShack

Huh? This has nothing to do with the thread.

Stuart360

And replace them with what?

tr1p1ex

MS is just doing the equivalent of giving away free games. The math of including more than a few new release $70 games for $120/yr just doesn’t add up. At least not for games that would sell well otherwise

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Huh? This has nothing to do with the thread.

So, the answer is Microsoft and Sony are viewed as THE competitors in this industry, especially here at NeoGAF. Nintendo is viewed as a weird step child that doesn't really compete with the other two.

The reason why Nintendo isn't getting heat for this is because they're the step child, and they're less reliant on "20 hour single player games at full price", compared to Sony.

And replace them with what?

F2P, GamePass, GAAS.

Look at Genshin Impacts success if you hate multiplayer. Full price games are dinosaurs. We're entering the age of mammals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom