• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is everyone ignoring Nintendo with this Gamepass bull****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this GP spells imminent and mortal danger to Sony’s and Playstation’s future, right? MLB 21, we can all agree, is a complete and total disaster. BUT, it’s still just a ⚾️ game, it barely was selling few millions before and it’s irrelevant as the most irrelevant thing ever outside of US. Outriders, on the other hand, doesn’t look good for Sony at all. Who in their right and informed mind would pay 70 💵 when it’s download and play on competition’s service? I’m really curious to see sales figures soon for this game on PS ecosystem.

But imagine if MS gets, for example, FIFA and CoD there! It’s gonna be game over, man, game over! Seriously.

Now, it may require Sony to adjust the game and introduce their version of this thing (PS Now + PS+ integration). So, Microsoft is destroying buying the game for full price on release date concept. And it all happens at the moment when Sony upped the price to 70$/80€ (the latter is truly disgraceful).

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales. So Microsoft will drag Sony down to its level but Nintendo will be la, la, la, I can’t hear you, we’re teflon, nothing can touch or disturb us.

I say NO.

Either the whole industry goes down this way or Sony stands its ground and continues to sells games on their platform for 60/70$ (even when they are on GP at the same time) and see what happens. If you all think Nintendo’s brand is so strong they can withstand all the changes but Sony’s isn’t, I say the hell with that. Let’s test world-known Sony loyalty (demand for PS5 is unprecedented at the moment after all). Don’t react to Microsoft. You have your exclusives (and two very good subscription services) and see where this leads third parties if they continue to buckle under Microsoft’s money.

TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.

crumbs

TLDR Believe in the strength of your brand Sony, just like Nintendo does. Microsoft is doing this because of their position of weakness, not strength. You are the leader everyone wants to catch. Improve and evolve PS+ and Now, sure, but don’t imitate anyone. You are the strong one, stronger than Nintendo who doesn’t even care about any of this. You shouldn’t care too.

story response GIF

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Honestly, as much as Gamepass is nice, it's not as accessible.

In my country, it doesn't accept Philippine credit cards, so how in the world can we access it? VPN + US Credit Card.

Drewpee

Banned
So, this GP spells imminent and mortal danger to Sony’s and Playstation’s future, right? MLB 21, we can all agree, is a complete and total disaster. BUT, it’s still just a ⚾️ game, it barely was selling few millions before and it’s irrelevant as the most irrelevant thing ever outside of US. Outriders, on the other hand, doesn’t look good for Sony at all. Who in their right and informed mind would pay 70 💵 when it’s download and play on competition’s service? I’m really curious to see sales figures soon for this game on PS ecosystem.

But imagine if MS gets, for example, FIFA and CoD there! It’s gonna be game over, man, game over! Seriously.

Now, it may require Sony to adjust the game and introduce their version of this thing (PS Now + PS+ integration). So, Microsoft is destroying buying the game for full price on release date concept. And it all happens at the moment when Sony upped the price to 70$/80€ (the latter is truly disgraceful).

Are you saying that Nintendo will remain only one of this Big 3 selling their games in traditional way for full price? Because they never change and refuse to put their games on sales. So Microsoft will drag Sony down to its level but Nintendo will be la, la, la, I can’t hear you, we’re teflon, nothing can touch or disturb us.

I say NO.

Either the whole industry goes down this way or Sony stands its ground and continues to sells games on their platform for 60/70$ (even when they are on GP at the same time) and see what happens. If you all think Nintendo’s brand is so strong they can withstand all the changes but Sony’s isn’t, I say the hell with that. Let’s test world-known Sony loyalty (demand for PS5 is unprecedented at the moment after all). Don’t react to Microsoft. You have your exclusives (and two very good subscription services) and see where this leads third parties if they continue to buckle under Microsoft’s money.

I am sure Sony appreciates the pep talk, we all need to hear how pretty we are once in awhile.

Honestly, as much as Gamepass is nice, it's not as accessible.

In my country, it doesn't accept Philippine credit cards, so how in the world can we access it? VPN + US Credit Card.
Does Microsoft have its version of PSN cards, I see Xbox digital gift cards on Amazon.

We are nearing peak salt content. See your cardiologist.

As far as Nintendo though, they could do subscriptions if they wanted I'm sure. They do have some differences though, in that they really are in a different market. Greater appeal for kids, immensely strong IP strength on par with Disney or better, handheld market, and also total domination of Japan.

The same pressures will eventually hit Nintendo too but they aren't the same company, and they have different strengths.

Sony is standing alone in going head to head with MS, and raising the price of games. This is their bad press for now, and that's just how it is. Nintendo also isn't putting games on Gamepass or asking $70 for games right now.

Last edited:
I really hope this is a joke. Gamepass is seriously driving these fanboys insane :messenger_tears_of_joy:
MiserlyGlitteringHamster-max-14mb.gif

But honestly, there is no reason to feel so threatened. If MS is finding a way to actually give consumers a better deal on things, it is good news for everyone. It will just put pressure on all companies to offer customers a better deal.

It's really good news for everyone if you take a longer view of things. MS is having a good week, and that's a good thing. I have a PS5, but still plan on getting a Series S or X for gamepass sometime.

Xbox fans took a beating for a whole gen because MS offered customers a bad deal. It ended up being good for Xbox fans a gen later that Sony was there to put pressure on them last gen. Here, we see some reversal of that.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
A one way conversation only last a certain time before you just accept seppuku. Dreaming from the beyond is easier rather than unnoticed hopefull regurgitating wishings.

I mean, interesting points and all, but this seems like something you should have signed, sealed, and deliver to a Playstation feedback form.

But yeah, no, I agree to an extent.

Let's see where this goes.

Either way, something will give out to the other. Interesting which side we will fall in.

MiguelItUp

So, this really is just a fanboy post shitting on Microsoft. Okay, got it.

Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony all have their own approaches. They're all pretty different, but they're wanting to do what's best for their brand. Nintendo has always just done what they think is best for them, while practically ignoring the competition. It's nothing new, and honestly it's always worked for them so why stop?

How about wanting the best for Microsoft, Sony, AND Nintendo? Who cares who is "better" than one another. Everyone has their preference, and that's it. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

How are people in such shambles over this?

Last edited:
Why do you people keeping hyping this thing up? It so annoying. May as well hype of blockbuster video as its essentially the same thing just digital, you are renting games.

If your someone who values being able to play when you want game pass is crap except for 1st party stuff. Why as games go away. I sometimes don't get to a game for months or years down the line. I but them up when on sale, or wait for price drops. Too many people think you have to pre-order and buy day 1. Maybe if you only do multiplayer but for single player games nah, you can wait if you don't want to shell out the cash right away.

There is also the mega spring sales on Steam and GOG that I buy a ton of games from , usually from $1.99 to $20. My backlog is filled to the brim.
As a pc gamer I can't stand the microsoft store. Their apps don't allow configuration from .ini files, you can't even get into the folder. They also are a pain.
Last one i got from MS was Forza 7. I had to download it 3x as the store kept stopping half way through the download (never have the issue on steam or gog).

For switch due to great games and eshop sales, I have bought a ton, and love them all.
In the last two months I bought 12 games:
Braverly Default 2 (physcial cart).
Shiren the Wanderer (new game Eshop)
Curse of the dead Gods (new game eshop)
Fire Emblem 1 port (Eshop)
Borderlands 1 GOTY remake (on sale eshop)
Super mario 3d world (new game -eshop)
Mario maker 2 (on sale Eshop)
Kingdoms of Amalaur re-reckoning -remake (physical cart)
No More Heroes (on sale Eshop)
Dex (on Sale eshop)
Battle Brothers (new game eshop)
Outer Worlds (on Sale Eshop)
Monster Hunter Rise (Physcial cart)

So, I am sure there are others like me. Nintendo is fine, especially if it doesn't go the $70 game route. And why should it, they can carve the niche for themselves as the only portable console / hybrid around.

PS5 is in trouble for me not due to gamepass, but due to MS being greedy and buying established 3rd party devs like bethesda, obsidian and inxile. It sucks as they didn't add anything new. They are taking away from others, and yet people here cheer for this, as if you aren't gamers and just own stock in the company.
I can still get their new games on PC but its a pain having to use that stupid ms walled garden store. Will second guess actually buying games due to that.

Astral Dog

We are nearing peak salt content. See your cardiologist.

As far as Nintendo though, they could do subscriptions if they wanted I'm sure. They do have some differences though, in that they really are in a different market. Greater appeal for kids, immensely strong IP strength on par with Disney or better, handheld market, and also total domination of Japan.

The same pressures will eventually hit Nintendo too but they aren't the same company, and they have different strengths.

Sony is standing alone in going head to head with MS, and raising the price of games. This is their bad press for now, and that's just how it is. Nintendo also isn't putting games on Gamepass or asking $70 for games right now.
Oh nintendo is there with Sony too, they are currently asking $60 for each game(many third parties too)and selling millions of them,if GamePass doesn't take over Nintendo will start asking for $70 one day.they would probably prefer that than losing money on a subscription model

But i think both Sony and nintendo can adapt if 'worst' happens, they are business savy companies with tons of value

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Imagine not being capable to bypass subjective injection in a post which displays conversation worthy content just to be able to kneejerk react because incapable

Imagine reading between the lines, seeing a worthwhile point of discussion but instead post a gif that you feel makes your comrades in war laugh at so you feel good about yourself

Imagine not being capable to bypass subjective injection in a post which displays conversation worthy content just to be able to kneejerk react because incapable
R5dxQ0A.jpg

How about make a post where you don't have to imagine past the rabid fanboyism?

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Remember when I questioned the sneaky marketing about gamepass! How it wasn’t “natural”, the insane amount of “opinions” on gaming media?
Congratulations, it worked, now we gamers think the service is the second coming of Jesus or something like that!!

Most people here defending gamepass or wanting it on another platform don’t even use it! They are just starting console wars.

I have no opinion on the service because I’m still waiting for a fix of gamepass on PC, if you aren’t in America, MS is so slow at costumer support ! So those are the facts I can tell about my experience...

Anyway we will see down the road how this non realistic overhyped service will pan out in a few months/years

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lmao the insecurity, and quite frankly bizarre mental ramblings, are off the rails at the moment!

Please keep charging me £70 for your games daddy Sony, believe in the power™ and uniqueness™ of your brand. Oh fuck it just bend me over and ram me like the slut I am!

tenor.gif

On the one hand you’ve got people jizzing over Sony’s record profits. On the other hand people are claiming that the increase in game dev. costs should be passed to the customer, despite PS Plus and Gold being nearly pure profit. Pure corporate boot licking.

Sounds like you care more about Sony’s profits than being able to play their game for £1 instead of £70. Good for you, I suppose.

oagboghi2

Lol now mlb is irrelevant, just like Bethesda is irrelevant. People will buy a plastic box with a certain logo instead of saving alot of money.
Yea ok bud
Yes it is.

I know in MS fanboy land we have to pretend this is world changing news, but most people don't care about this. Much less are they going to buy a console and ditch an ecosystem over it.

As usual reality is going to have to come in and remind people of how the market really is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom