• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why haven't Digital Foundry done a Psychonauts 2 analysis video yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky

$MSFT
That actually sounds like a video worth making, though. Nothing wrong with them saying "oh look at that, the PS5 doesn't even get Series X gets". Maybe it's intentional since DF is now owned by Microsoft but who knows?

I must have missed Microsoft's purchase of Digital Foundry, you got a link for that?

I must have missed Microsoft's purchase of Digital Foundry, you got a link for that?
I hope they got a good deal because they seem to be spending more time evaluating PS5 exclusives. If Richard wants to be a good MS employee he needs to do a tech evaluation of Pyschonauts 2 stat.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I hope they got a good deal because they seem to be spending more time evaluating PS5 exclusives.

They need to analyse something and last I checked there aren't a whole lot of Xbox exclusives to analyse.

If Richard wants to be a good MS employee he needs to do a tech evaluation of Pyschonauts 2 stat.
I'm not commenting on the "good employee" stuff, but it doesn't look like Psychonauts 2 is an interesting game to do a tech analysis on.
The game looks like it could have released on the PS360 at a lower resolution, which is double fine (pun intended) because not all games need to look like Kena.

Shmunter

Too niche? DF chases the popular stuff for views like any other outlet.

John gets his pet project Retro stuff as an outlier because the man is too important to the outfit.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Oh no, i can't survive without their opinion so i have to make a thread about it because what else will i do?

OP, the folks at DF have a mind of their own, believe it or not.
Yeah, most likely, but imo its poor management prioritising 60fps upgrades for old games and directors cuts over new multiplatform games.
Maybe they should hire you so you can tell them what they should be focusing on you because clearly only your wishes need to come true.

I take it you work in a manager position at a random company?
Who cares if the game runs like butter?
I mean, that's one of the aspects why Digital Foundry exists? To test game performance?
Digital foundry seems to be changing, it used to be about inpartial and objective technical analysis, now there content is being more influenced by the likes and opinions.
Since you love to tell others that they need to back up their arguments in this thread, feel free to back up the bolded. I am sure you have a ton of games that point out the intense bias the current DF crew is exposing to us smudgeons these days.
For example a lot of what Alex said about the art style of Kena is subjective, im more interested in polycounts, effects technology, AA + resolution, fps, loading times and other technical things.
We are going to ignore Alex's videos on technology for DF to prove the point?
Jesus... not everything is a conspiracy...
No no, you are wrong.. it may not be a conspiracy, but everything must be accounted for. DF needs to be objective automatons that say the same kind of words every time - Personal conjecture should be left to a minimum as we have NeoGAF for that.

Don't you see, you need to not act human in these videos.
I mean, why not? How much am i looking into it?,
By the amount of posts you dedicate to this subject in this very thread.
Dont tell people what to do, without explaining why.
Words of irony,
Never so true,
Spoken in style.

A Haiku.

Loope

I would say something but you know.
Always Sunny Fx GIF

Three

I'd say several reasons.

1) it really isn't that graphically great. It's the first game where I actually notice polygon edges.
2) it isn't a popular game at all.
3) It would be boring and the only conclusion would be that they put no effort in on some platforms, likely at the request of MS.

Who knows they may still do it if everyone keeps trying to ask for it even though there is likely very little information to come out of it.

Riky

$MSFT
I hope they got a good deal because they seem to be spending more time evaluating PS5 exclusives. If Richard wants to be a good MS employee he needs to do a tech evaluation of Pyschonauts 2 stat.

I can't find any news on Microsoft owning DF, so I presume it's untrue. I'm surprised people are allowed to post blatant lies on the forum with no comeback to be honest.

TBiddy

I can't find any news on Microsoft owning DF, so I presume it's untrue. I'm surprised people are allowed to post blatant lies on the forum with no comeback to be honest.

I assume they are making fun of the Sony-fans, that claim DF are pro-Microsoft?

dcmk7

Banned
Oh the sweet irony :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I have heard this rumour before.. not sure where it stems from. Sure there would be some proof out there if true.

Last edited:

FrankieSab

Because people won't watch it in any great numbers. It's a sequel to a niche game that bankrupted the publisher and sold terribly like 15 years ago.
How much it sold is irrelevant, how much the game is fun to play should be the top priority of any gamer on this site.

GasTheWeebs

Banned
They might be more interested in hardware demanding games like Horizon, or they get more views with those games, or they have a contract with sony to review those, who knows.

Too niche? DF chases the popular stuff for views like any other outlet.

John gets his pet project Retro stuff as an outlier because the man is too important to the outfit.
Yeah, because Little Nightmares 2 is so not niche

I guess like with Medium there's a reason why DF aren't in a rush to get the videos out. I can't think why...

Shmunter

Yeah, because Little Nightmares 2 is so not niche

I guess like with Medium there's a reason why DF aren't in a rush to get the videos out. I can't think why...
Good point, but some differences. Medium had the next gen interest factor. Little Nightmares getting a sequel a couple of years later as opposed to decades may mean it’s more mainstream?

Either way, blockbuster preference would be normal. Can’t remember how many vids Cyberpunk got due to the mass interest at the time.

Last edited:
Good point, but some differences. Medium had the next gen interest factor. Little Nightmares getting a sequel a couple of years later as opposed to decades may mean it’s more mainstream?

Either way, blockbuster preference would be normal. Can’t remember how many vids Cyberpunk got due to the mass interest at the time.
Either way, it seems as soon as DF get a sniff of a Series X imperfection they're there.

supernova8

Banned
You probably saw my other reply but just to be clear, DF was referring to Double Fine (which made the game) and not Digital Foundry. My bad for not being clear, but also your bad for jumping to such a conclusion without a (friendly) follow-up AND then fanning the flame without actually checking that was what I meant first ;)

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Oh no, i can't survive without their opinion so i have to make a thread about it because what else will i do?

Maybe they should hire you so you can tell them what they should be focusing on you because clearly only your wishes need to come true.

I mean, that's one of the aspects why Digital Foundry exists? To test game performance?

Since you love to tell others that they need to back up their arguments in this thread, feel free to back up the bolded. I am sure you have a ton of games that point out the intense bias the current DF crew is exposing to us smudgeons these days.

No no, you are wrong.. it may not be a conspiracy, but everything must be accounted for. DF needs to be objective automatons that say the same kind of words every time - Personal conjecture should be left to a minimum as we have NeoGAF for that.

Don't you see, you need to not act human in these videos.

Words of irony,
Never so true,
Spoken in style.

A Haiku.
Oh boy, you really showed me.

Well done.

In the past i would do a lengthy retort. But its really not worth it. Have a nice life.

Redneckerz

Oh boy, you really showed me.

Well done.

In the past i would do a lengthy retort. But its really not worth it. Have a nice life.
So you made this thread not for discussion, but to tell others that they don't address your arguments and if they could please do so, without you doing the same.

Right. Pity. Figured you were going to show some examples to strengthen your point, but here we are.

They need to analyse something and last I checked there aren't a whole lot of Xbox exclusives to analyse.

I'm not commenting on the "good employee" stuff, but it doesn't look like Psychonauts 2 is an interesting game to do a tech analysis on.
The game looks like it could have released on the PS360 at a lower resolution, which is double fine (pun intended) because not all games need to look like Kena.
There is nothing stopping anyone from posting about things they know nothing about. See quote.

Sosokrates

So you made this thread not for discussion, but to tell others that they don't address your arguments and if they could please do so, without you doing the same.

Right. Pity. Figured you were going to show some examples to strengthen your point, but here we are.

For a start some of the things you say are not true, so i could point out that they aren't and then you will just say they are, so what it is the point in conversing with someone with no intention of truthful debate.

Is it really worth the 20 mins it would take conversing with you?

I dont know? Do u have the free time, is there something better we could be doing with our time. I doubt the outcome is going to be positive.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

For a start some of the things you say are not true,
Okay! Well point it out! Why assume i would say otherwise?

so i could point out that they aren't and then you will just say they are, so what it is the point in conversing with someone with no intention of truthful debate.
See that's where you are indeed assuming wrongly. I wasn't asking for examples from your end out of spite, i was geniune.

Is it really worth the 20 mins it would take conversing with you?

I dont know? Do u the free time, is there something better we could be doing with out time. I dont the outcome is going to be positive.
I mean, the entire idea of a thread is that we discuss whatever point the OP is bringing across, no?

Sosokrates

Okay! Well point it out! Why assume i would say otherwise?

See that's where you are indeed assuming wrongly. I wasn't asking for examples from your end out of spite, i was geniune.

I mean, the entire idea of a thread is that we discuss whatever point the OP is bringing across, no?

I really have doubts on how genuine and honest a person is who trys and frames this as all about my wants and opinion. This thread shows that people would prefer DF to prioritise games like PSYCHONAUTS 2 over 60fps updates and directors cuts, but instead you try and smear me by insinuating its all about me, only a slimey person would do such a thing.

Also you are not diplomatic at all everything you said is to make me look like the problem, why waste time with a person like that.

Last edited:
Why are you still whining about this?

DF doesn't have to cover everything... and in fact they can't. They decide what projects they are interested in and have time for doing... If you don't like it... don't view their content.

Redneckerz

I really have doubts on how genuine and honest a person is who trys and frames this as all about my wants and opinion. This thread shows that people would prefer DF to prioritise games like PSYCHONAUTS 2 over 60fps updates and directors cuts, but instead you try and smear me by insinuating its all about me, only a slimey person would do such a thing.
Well, instead of addressing my behavior at length, could you address that what i contested in your post so that we could have that discussion going on that we both seemingly want to have?

Sosokrates

Why are you still whining about this?

DF doesn't have to cover everything... and in fact they can't. They decide what projects they are interested in and have time for doing... If you don't like it... don't view their content.

Im not lol, im replying to people.

Sosokrates

Well, instead of addressing my behavior at length, could you address that what i contested in your post so that we could have that discussion going on that we both seemingly want to have?

Oh so its ok to address my behaviour, but when someone does it to you, you dont agree.
I already contested one thing, why dont u start there.

Redneckerz

Oh so its ok to address my behaviour, but when someone does it to you, you dont agree.
Oh, feel free to do so! I just thought its offtopic and i wished to address your points at hand.

I already contested one thing, why dont u start there.
Which was?

If i have to by with your previous comment:
people would prefer DF to prioritise games like PSYCHONAUTS 2 over 60fps updates and directors cuts,

All i can say to that is that as both John was away on holiday (So timing issues), i reckon 60 fps update videos are less time consuming to make than a full force address of a game. Psychonauts might be John's fave, he was on holiday. And likely the others do not feel as strongly about it because its not a very public game in the eye of the beholder.

Sosokrates

Oh, feel free to do so! I just thought its offtopic and i wished to address your points at hand.

Which was?

If i have to by with your previous comment:
people would prefer DF to prioritise games like PSYCHONAUTS 2 over 60fps updates and directors cuts,

All i can say to that is that as both John was away on holiday (So timing issues), i reckon 60 fps update videos are less time consuming to make than a full force address of a game. Psychonauts might be John's fave, he was on holiday. And likely the others do not feel as strongly about it because its not a very public game in the eye of the beholder.

Read the thread, ive said everything i have to say on the matter.

Redneckerz

Read the thread, ive said everything i have to say on the matter.
I addressed that already in the very first post. You didn't appreciate that post because it contained personal takes against you according to you. So, i ought to do better.

Ill just list the questions raised there and filter out all personal conjecture:
  • Given how you criticize DF of poor management, how would you have filled it out instead if you had the possibility?
    One of the aspects of DF is to address game performance. You have stated: ''Who cares if the game runs like butter?''. Since you later explain that you want to read about polycounts, why are you not interested in the game's performance?
  • You have stated that DF's content is being more and more influenced by likes and opinions. Can you name a few example articles demonstrating this?
    According to you, Alex has said that the art style of Kena is subjective and you are more interested in polycounts. Are you aware that Alex still makes these video's aswell, such as the Crysis videos?

Sosokrates

I addressed that already in the very first post. You didn't appreciate that post because it contained personal takes against you according to you. So, i ought to do better.

Ill just list the questions raised there and filter out all personal conjecture:
  • Given how you criticize DF of poor management, how would you have filled it out instead if you had the possibility?
    One of the aspects of DF is to address game performance. You have stated: ''Who cares if the game runs like butter?''. Since you later explain that you want to read about polycounts, why are you not interested in the game's performance?
  • You have stated that DF's content is being more and more influenced by likes and opinions. Can you name a few example articles demonstrating this?
    According to you, Alex has said that the art style of Kena is subjective and you are more interested in polycounts. Are you aware that Alex still makes these video's aswell, such as the Crysis videos?

Why are you making this so personal?
Im not on trial here.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't get all the conspiracy with DF, to me they've always been objective and impartial. On these forums, one week they say something good about xbox they are in ms's pocket, the next they say something good about sony and they sold out to sony.

There's nothing to see here......

MrFunSocks

Banned
How much it sold is irrelevant, how much the game is fun to play should be the top priority of any gamer on this site.
We're talking about why a media outlet hasn't done a video in it. That has everything to do with market appeal, sales, etc. How fun it is has zero to do with it.

Sosokrates

I never said they did not? The reason I made the thread is obvious, if you dont have the intelligence to comprehend the point of this thread then you must have very low intelligence or some mental issue.

why so upset? there are plenty of other people who agree with me on this issue, which makes it not only about my opinion and therefore you are wrong here.
indeed, but its in reply to someone who said "who cares", well clearly people do care so I thought i would give an equally dumb response, it was sarcastic.

I never said DF were biased. you really spread a lot of misinformation. and you think everyone here is a smudgeon......how nice of you.
no, i never said Alex does not cover technology, more misinformation from you again....

oh ok, whats your point, is there anything wrong being engaged in conversation

Last edited:
I did not know it had a 120fps option.

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff
Yup, just finished the game at 1440p 120hz. Switching between the two modes I couldn't see the difference between 4k and upscaled 1440p in this game. No brainer. Play at 120hz. Honestly the jump from 60 to 120 in this game is small but noticeable. Looked fantastic on my LG C1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom