• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Forza Horizon 5 Maybe the biggest Game of the Year? - GamingBolt

In terms of reviews scores I think it will be, sales figures are pretty much irrelevant because of Gamepass. Unless Halo Infinite is equal to the Bungie games then it could be Halo.
Sales have never been huge with Forza, it sells a couple million usually, which it all it needs to keep it going. If it doesn't sell near that this time, we definitely can say GP effected that.

It could be the biggest game of the year. I wouldn't read too much into anything that GamingBolt says though, I'd noticed that every couple of months they pop up with a new biggest game of the year video.
dKMBh5A.png

It's something that I'd noticed a while back, it just gets more people to watch the videos if they give them titles like that.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Doubt it in any sense of the word, but Forza Horizon have always reviewed well enough and are always very good looking games. They've overtook the mainline series (Motorsport) with the Horizon series.

GHG

Gold Member
The sales on PC should be especially strong since Forza's been on Steam Top 10 charts more or less since it came to Steam (FH4 in particular).

Not sure where you get your information but it really hasn't, all of the historical data since it's debut is available here:

In 16 weeks it's appeared 6 times in the top 10.

Hezekiah

Banned
And everyone will be able to experience it, Xbox players, pc players and Sony players (through their capable PCs)
And if it's a really capable PC, the performance they get will be even better than othe console version.

Last edited:
Horizon always looks good, but it's never the biggest game of the year, ever. Not even close.
I expect it to do well in the UK.
And there should be a space in the title, it's may be.
Absolutely. But part of making a bold claim is making it before it happens. I feel like momentum might break for Forza this year a bit more than normal. I just tried FH4 personally and I've never played the series. Feels like the tide is turning a bit.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Horizon always looks good, but it's never the biggest game of the year, ever. Not even close.
I expect it to do well in the UK.
And there should be a space in the title, it's may be.
Why? its the best racing game series ever created in the last decade and got 92 on metacritic on the last game. Why should we not count racing GAMES as GOTY contender? The game is getting bigger than most games that won it before, and they keep pushing it further and further with every new one. Its better than most games that won it before. I put over 500H in the Horizon series and the quality of those games is always top class. They didn't lack not even once. From gameplay to graphics everything is top notch and always the benchmark when the new one comes.

Mr Moose

Why? its the best racing game series ever created in the last decade and got 92 on metacritic on the last game. Why should we not count racing GAMES as GOTY contender? The game is getting bigger than most games that won it before, and they keep pushing it further and further with every new one. Its better than most games that won it before. I put over 500H in the Horizon series and the quality of those games is always top class. They didn't lack not even once. From gameplay to graphics everything is top notch and always the benchmark when the new one comes.
Because sales.
When does it get GOTY awards?
Should do well in Mexico as well don't you think?
Probably, that's one of Xbox's best countries. A few EU countries too.
Absolutely. But part of making a bold claim is making it before it happens. I feel like momentum might break for Forza this year a bit more than normal. I just tried FH4 personally and I've never played the series. Feels like the tide is turning a bit.
It should do well, potentially better than it has in the previous version, and it looks beautiful from what we've seen. It seems to have taken over from the main series as the main seller.
Hell, it could potentially sell more than the next Halo (H5 had a drop in sales, and with the MP being F2P this time... Maybe, there's a chance).

MadPanda

Banned

Not finding much for sales, I might also be confusing motorsport to the horizon series which sells more.

Do you really think after 7 forza Motorsport titles and 4 horizon titles it's only at 16 millions?

Forza Horizon 4 has passes 13 millions of players. Not all of them bought it, that's for sure but at least half did. It doesn't even matter, the game has over 13 millions of players. For a racing game that's huge. That's huge for any genre actually.
FH4 is right now in steam top 5 selling list, three years after launch and mere months before we get a next installment.

Three

Clearly the person is talking about sales. Not awards or critical reception.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Because sales.
When does it get GOTY awards?

Probably, that's one of Xbox's best countries. A few EU countries too.

It should do well, potentially better than it has in the previous version, and it looks beautiful from what we've seen. It seems to have taken over from the main series as the main seller.
Hell, it could potentially sell more than the next Halo (H5 had a drop in sales, and with the MP being F2P this time... Maybe, there's a chance).
You talking bout sales, i misread MB.
Clearly the person is talking about sales. Not awards or critical reception.
yup, i misread.

Yeah review score-wise it'll be one of the best of the year easily. I think it'll do very well in sales but it most likely won't beat COD.

The sales on PC should be especially strong since Forza's been on Steam Top 10 charts more or less since it came to Steam (FH4 in particular).
We'll see, MS has only launched one AAA game since GP started and it only hit number 7 in NPD in it's first month then fell out of the top 20 in it's second and that was gears 5. There are more GP subs now too so that'll impact sales even more.

NonPhixion

It’ll certainly be the biggest Xbox game. Probably the biggest since launch. Tough to choose from all the Xbox Studios games that have come since the Series X launched tho.

It’ll certainly be the biggest Xbox game. Probably the biggest since launch. Tough to choose from all the Xbox Studios games that have come since the Series X launched tho.
Id wager Forza Horizon 5 will be bigger than Halo. And no I'm not smoking anything right now lol
The series has gone from strength to strength and has probably one of Xbox's most efficient developers behind it in PlayGround Games.
If there is one video game I would buy an Xbox console for, its Forza Horizon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom